When multiple readers are wrong

gregory

That belongs on a poster.

Regarding the rest of your post, any decent predictive reading always offers a predicted path to the achieved outcome. If one were to deviate from said path, would it not potentially alter the outcome?

For example, I have done a reading for myself that suggested I have to sit back and do nothing. If I follow that, prediction is for success. Being obsessive, I find sitting back and doing nothing very difficult and question the effectiveness of doing nothing. Should I deviate from the suggested strategy and cause my own failure, the "prediction" may indeed prove wrong. Should I blame the reader, in this case, myself :) for that? (I would blame myself for not following the advice...)
YES. (in that I totally agree with you, not that I agree you should do the blame thing !) The future is NOT set in stone. Or does ravenest believe in predestination ?

olivia1

Is this me? Where is this thread?

Yes though I got your name wrong . it's that long thread where you asked if cards really worked (or something to the effect) and then it turned into a giant thread where people were discussing if tarot even works, how it works, etc. I only read a few posts though so I probably missed the gist of it

olivia1

People keep giving me the same example. I understand the premise - I just dont agree with it and see it as some type of cop out. As far as predicting things are concerned, I am of the old fashioned 'you got it right or got it wrong' school, that bases results on what actually did happen.

Who cares what the reason was ? (I call it an excuse actually).

If one's reading is wrong, it seems IMO a cop-out to try to bring all these factors in.

Several months back someone said; 'My reading was right, but the future changed."

It was one of the most crazy things I have read here. It wont be long I guess before it is part of the paradigm.

Watch out people - if this gets out you will loose your customers; who wants to know what the main probability of an event occurring from this one node of time is, that can change in the next moment ?

No folks - people want an OUTCOME ... not an excuse .... the excuse will work for a while, but that is not what predictive tarot seekers want.

IMO , regarding prediction, you either got it right (note tense) or got it wrong.

To tell someone "I got it right but you did ( they did, it did, the probability did, the quantum light speed did ...) something else that changed things and the outcome changed.

Do I really have to spell it out ? People that want a true prediction expect your prediction to take those factors into account and give THE outcome ... after the changes.

This! why cant people just admit that the reader was wrong? or the wrong cards were pulled? very few things in life are infallible anyway so why is it even so hard to accept that a reading is sometimes just flat out wrong. and i absolutely agree. If im asking a predicative question, i expect the reading to take into account things i might do in the future. if past readings that ive gotten are able to do this i dont see why any other particular reading cannot

Miss Divine

Gosh ! You couldnt tell from my post I understand how Newtonian physics dont apply on this level ? :bugeyed:

Okay, we best leave that subject alone and the one about the speed of light somehow proving .... no, back to tarot ;

People keep giving me the same example. I understand the premise - I just dont agree with it and see it as some type of cop out. As far as predicting things are concerned, I am of the old fashioned 'you got it right or got it wrong' school, that bases results on what actually did happen.

Who cares what the reason was ? (I call it an excuse actually).

If one's reading is wrong, it seems IMO a cop-out to try to bring all these factors in.

Several months back someone said; 'My reading was right, but the future changed."

It was one of the most crazy things I have read here. It wont be long I guess before it is part of the paradigm.

Watch out people - if this gets out you will loose your customers; who wants to know what the main probability of an event occurring from this one node of time is, that can change in the next moment ?

No folks - people want an OUTCOME ... not an excuse .... the excuse will work for a while, but that is not what predictive tarot seekers want.

IMO , regarding prediction, you either got it right (note tense) or got it wrong.

To tell someone "I got it right but you did ( they did, it did, the probability did, the quantum light speed did ...) something else that changed things and the outcome changed.

Do I really have to spell it out ? People that want a true prediction expect your prediction to take those factors into account and give THE outcome ... after the changes.

I am in total agreement with this!

Zephyros

oh god. how embarrassing. i butchered his name

That's quite alright, my screen name is both strange as well as misleading. gregory and I share that in common. :D

Still can't recall that thread though...

olivia1

That's quite alright, my screen name is both strange as well as misleading. gregory and I share that in common. :D

Hahah thanks for being a good sport and when I get to my computer later I'll copy and paste it

olivia1

I cant find it either. not even in the search. does anyone else know the thread that i am talking about?? what if i dreamed it all up? thats scary. i hope i didnt imagine the whole thread. if it was real someone should know which one im talking about because it was VERY popular and had a lot of posts.

gregory

Is this me? Where is this thread?
Actually I do vaguely remember it though I think you didn't start it - I think it was a thread that was split.... I'll try tomorrow. Quantum physics were cited in it, too.

IT MIGHT have been this one ?

prudence

Actually I do vaguely remember it though I think you didn't start it - I think it was a thread that was split.... I'll try tomorrow. Quantum physics were cited in it, too.

IT MIGHT have been this one ?
That's the one I was thinking.

Readings and readers can be wrong, I just did a two card on the Super Bowl while at a party, trying to determine the winner of the game. Granted, I was fairly well inebriated by the time I pulled the cards, and I really don't trust my reading skills (or even my card pulling skills) when I am in that kind of state. Slightly buzzed and maybe I can give a good/accurate reading, anything more and I just usually won't read...unless it's something I don't care too much about (like the Super Bowl outcome). I pulled 3 of wands for the Patriots, and the Magician for the SeaHawks. I predicted from those cards that the SeaHawks would surely win. Nope, boy was I wrong!