Why haven't I been able to get a job?

Pao

So I did this spread to get some insights into my situation.

What haven't I been able to find a job?

Situation as is- 8 of swords- definitely true as to how I'm feeling powerless and think things will get worse. I'm basically thinking life stinks and I'll never find a job again. I feel so powerless and like I'm trapped with no way out. I'm lost and can't see where I'm going.

Obstacles keeping me from getting a job- The Hanged Man- I'm not sure here. Things are definitely not moving. I'm being negative and can't seem to change my thoughts to positive because my surroundings stink.

Advice on what to do to get a job- 7 of pentacles- this tells me to send resumes and wait but it's been months and there's literally no jobs out here.

Outcome- Queen of cups- well this doesn't tell me I'll get a job.....be less in my feelings? More head less heart? More rational?

I I still don't feel like I have an answer, I may have to do another spread

Fayeelizabeth

Situation as is- 8 of swords- definitely true as to how I'm feeling powerless and think things will get worse. I'm basically thinking life stinks and I'll never find a job again. I feel so powerless and like I'm trapped with no way out. I'm lost and can't see where I'm going.

Obstacles keeping me from getting a job- The Hanged Man- I'm not sure here. Things are definitely not moving. I'm being negative and can't seem to change my thoughts to positive because my surroundings stink.

Advice on what to do to get a job- 7 of pentacles- this tells me to send resumes and wait but it's been months and there's literally no jobs out here.

Outcome- Queen of cups- well this doesn't tell me I'll get a job.....be less in my feelings? More head less heart? More rational?

Hey there, I would see the 8 of swords as a card where you feel stuck, I also feel with this card it's a sign you have the power to change your situation and you're not doing as much as you can, you are limiting and bounding yourself because of your beliefs regarding finding work.

The hanged man is all about being in limbo, and nothing much may be happening, but as the hanged man is calm regardless of being hung upside down, it is a reminder to re evaluate your attitude towards finding work, re evaluate and then get back out there. Even though things aren't happening in your timetable, relax! Things will come.

The 7 of pents is about investing, and this could be anything from your time or money or emotions. It is a reminder that what you put out you get back, so yes, get more of your resumes out there...

The queen could literally be a person who will be of great help to you in finding work, or it could lean towards you attitude to finding work...the queen of cups is loving, kind and compassionate and can sometimes be a reminder to embody her attitude towards things and could suggest you need to be more positive when looking for work..:

Hope this helps :)

Saskia

Situation as is- 8 of swords
Obstacles keeping me from getting a job- The Hanged Man
Advice on what to do to get a job- 7 of pentacles
Outcome- Queen of cups

Hi Pao,

I'm sorry to hear things are not working out :(

Situation: you are thinking in circles. The answer is behind those swords, the thoughts you usually think when you think of your life. There's more about this at the end of my response.

Hanged Man: you are stuck in one location only. If you can't find a job and it's crucial to you, why don't you try to expand the area you look from? Have you considered relocating? Living with a relative to save in costs? Finding a shared house in another city, etc.?

What to do, 7 Pents. Don't give up. You need to keep trying, keep polishing your resume, keep sending it to as many directions as you can - but not haphazardly, you need to have a plan. If you apply any and every job you see, it will show. If you put effort to a selected few applications, your chances are better. Cultivate what you have, like you're cultivating a garden.

Outcome: you're about to go through a lot of emotions, that's for sure. But, you also need to overcome your emotions to win. Is your brooding and pessimism helping you in your job search? If not, then you must snap out of it, no matter how unfair life seems. You are digging a hole to yourself by taking it all personally and harbouring negative feelings. It will only hold you back. I know it's much easier said than done. Could you perhaps join a support group of some sort, find a mentor, or start volunteering to build up your skills in new areas? It's always better to network and even do things for free than sit at home and sulk.

Best of luck!

samantha

Hi Pao :)

Just a couple of thoughts on the Hanged Man and 7 of Pentacles.

I don't know what area you work in, but is it an industry which has been *sacrificed* in the face of other competitors/technology or political decisions ? I'm basically wandering if some outside force has left you *high and dry*, in which case it would be difficult to move forward doing whatever it is that you currently do. I can see that you currently feel *in limbo* :(

Kind of coming on from this the 7 of coins makes me think you may need to consider wearing a completely different *hat* as it were - a role that you have not tried before. This could well involve making sacrifices (HM again) that you have not considered and which might *turn your world upside down* until you re adjust.

I wish you well ! (Sending a pm)

Nemia

About the 7 coins and Queen of Cups:

are you sure you're looking in the right direction? Maybe you have invested in something which actually doesn't suit you? Are you sure that your professional development up to now is really what you want? Did you make mistakes? wrong assumptions? are you working against your talents? The 7 coins asks you to re-evaluate your choices and decisions from the past.

And the Queen: is there an empathic, unpractical person in your life whose advice you'd never seek in such a matter if the tarot didn't push you to that direction? A person who doesn't have pragmatic advice but helps you to discover what's in your heart? She/he's like the optimistic cousin of the Hanged Man, s/he can see solutions where more rational (Sword) or pragmatic (Coins) or ambitous (Wands) people can't.

Do you have such an aspect in your personality, a stifled dreamer within you? Let this dreamer talk to you. Your outcome can be seen with the heart, nothing else. Solve your emotional problem, and the rest will follow.

The cards tell you IMO that you're stuck because you search something that isn't your ideal occupation or position. Once you know better what you really want, even if it's less money or status or future chances, you won't be stuck any more.

MrsTodd

Sorry to hear about your current situation. It will turn at some point however.

8/S...yeah, you're feeling stuck and trapped, but this is a place that if you decide to change your mind (HM) and look at it differently, it will be an easier challenge. I also find that the HM and 7/P could be the cards telling you to re-vamp your resume, re-work it to suit each and every application you make. Lots of effort and work to do (7/P).

Q/C To me this is a person, someone who will help and offer some advice. She might be the contact you are looking for as well. She's also a reminder that you should show yourself some compassion during this situation/transition.

Saskia

Hi Pao, please remember feedback šŸ˜Š

Pao

Hi guys,

Sorry for my delay. I've been severely depressed and got sick that's why I haven't replied till today. Let me reply one by one.

Pao

Hey there, I would see the 8 of swords as a card where you feel stuck, I also feel with this card it's a sign you have the power to change your situation and you're not doing as much as you can, you are limiting and bounding yourself because of your beliefs regarding finding work.

The hanged man is all about being in limbo, and nothing much may be happening, but as the hanged man is calm regardless of being hung upside down, it is a reminder to re evaluate your attitude towards finding work, re evaluate and then get back out there. Even though things aren't happening in your timetable, relax! Things will come.

The 7 of pents is about investing, and this could be anything from your time or money or emotions. It is a reminder that what you put out you get back, so yes, get more of your resumes out there...

The queen could literally be a person who will be of great help to you in finding work, or it could lean towards you attitude to finding work...the queen of cups is loving, kind and compassionate and can sometimes be a reminder to embody her attitude towards things and could suggest you need to be more positive when looking for work..:

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much :) I have literally been doing everything possible so it's very frustrating and I feel just powerless. My attitude is definitely a negative one. I've been at this for so long that I have no hope left and I'm trying to change my view of my perspective and my energy I'm trying to keep a positive outlook but I am having a very difficult time doing it. I have invested in some online courses which I don't know how useful they will be. It makes sense that I need to be more positive and maybe Even kind to myself. Every time I go to an interview and it doesn't work I blame myself for everything I stress about everythingthat I could've said or done wrong.
Thanks again for taking the time out!

Pao

Hi Pao,

I'm sorry to hear things are not working out :(

Situation: you are thinking in circles. The answer is behind those swords, the thoughts you usually think when you think of your life. There's more about this at the end of my response.

Hanged Man: you are stuck in one location only. If you can't find a job and it's crucial to you, why don't you try to expand the area you look from? Have you considered relocating? Living with a relative to save in costs? Finding a shared house in another city, etc.?

What to do, 7 Pents. Don't give up. You need to keep trying, keep polishing your resume, keep sending it to as many directions as you can - but not haphazardly, you need to have a plan. If you apply any and every job you see, it will show. If you put effort to a selected few applications, your chances are better. Cultivate what you have, like you're cultivating a garden.

Outcome: you're about to go through a lot of emotions, that's for sure. But, you also need to overcome your emotions to win. Is your brooding and pessimism helping you in your job search? If not, then you must snap out of it, no matter how unfair life seems. You are digging a hole to yourself by taking it all personally and harbouring negative feelings. It will only hold you back. I know it's much easier said than done. Could you perhaps join a support group of some sort, find a mentor, or start volunteering to build up your skills in new areas? It's always better to network and even do things for free than sit at home and sulk.

Best of luck!

I think so much for taking the time out! I have indeed thought about relocating to another country, unfortunately I support my parents and so I would be very difficult to support myself and send back money to them. I have literally applied to everything I see. You know when you see job postings one after the other? I've literally sent to all listed. I even sent to things I have absolutely no experience for, things that are two entry level, things that are two senior level. I haven't sent any to the mall in stores and things because the salary just wouldn't even be worth it. To be honest I'm not doing very well emotionally at all. I'm actually pretty frightened of what will happen to me. I've never been in such a dark place before or maybe I have but it's been so long that I don't remember. I see no hope, no light at the end of the tunnel. Who knows what will happen.

Thanks again šŸ˜Š,