"Will Read Tarot For Food" ...

afrosaxon

tarotlyn said:
...I really think this person placed this ad exactly like she did MOSTLY to
attract attention to the fact that she is a reader and is available...
for $50 an hour (at the end of her ad)...

I think she used the "Will read for Food" idea to get "attention" to her ad...

...also it could be a way for her to get into the MANY resturants that are
in her area of "San Francisco"...tons of resturants are there and you could get
famous at some of those places...maybe it would only take "one" resturant to
get famous in San Francisco...lots of tourists trade there too that could go
for a $50 an hour reading easily...

...just some further thoughts, since I left out her area...and am telling it now,
as an after thought...as the ad makes more sense when you understand the
area she is in.

:):heart:tarotlyn

Especially when you think about the many persons with "Will work for food" and similar signs around the tourist areas, like Union Square and the Wharf. LOL

T.

Sinduction

I've been known to trade readings for drinks at the club I read at. I will trade for most things actually. But I don't think I'd advertise it.

gregory

Sinduction said:
I've been known to trade readings for drinks at the club I read at. I will trade for most things actually. But I don't think I'd advertise it.
Why not ? :)

Sinduction

Ok, if I did advertise it would say, "Will read tarot for more tarot decks."

But seriously, if I had something in mind to trade for, like food, I would. Most of my trades are on the fly.

Will read in exchange for car repairs, roof work, housekeeping services....

Mateo06

Will read for college education. Triple readings for a Masters' Degree. Hell free readings for life if you pay for my college education.

Will read for trip to Europe.

What would you do for a klondike bar? I would read tarot.

souljourney

Just to clarify... I've never read cards for services. I have bartered with chiropractic adjustments and massage, which is my real profession. I would read tarot/oracle for stuff however.
My "tech geek" gets massage and adjustments, and so does the cleaning person. These are people I knew already however.

M-Tarot-M

I doubt this is meant at face value. If all they are interested in is a meal it seems like they are living on the street. The image this ad conjures in my mind is that of the homeless person at the turn signal common to many cities. San Francisco........Every intersection up Van Ness has a homeless person asking for a donation. There is baggage attached getting too involved with someone like this.

As for bartering, I prefer the freedom cash exchanged presents. I do not want restrictions on my earnings. Too often one in the barter gets a shorter stick. Or you offer something people want yet there isn't anyone offering anything you need.

Lilija

I actually do read for food, haha. I read for all my friends, but I generally invite myself over for dinner, in the meantime.

It's like "How about we hang out Saturday night?"

"Sure, you make dinner, I'll bring my cards."

I've also been given gifts, bottles of booze, and handmade goods in exchange for readings. It's nice, I'm not in it for money, but it shows me that my gift is valued.

My husband is a landscaper, and we have very effective barter systems worked out with a few of his customers. He does one of our client's lawn for free, and every two years, this client adds new sidewalks and cement patios and whatnot to our property. We've had our front walk and steps replaced, an awesome amoeba shaped patio, and half of the back cement pad replaced. We have the same system worked out with an electrician, too. One season of lawn maintainence, and we got all our outdoor electricity rewired, and an extra 220 amp box installed in the workshop.

Also, I used to cater professionally. I cook for people, in exchange for stuff. It's funny because all this stuff is coming back with the recession and all, we've been living "recession proof" since we've been married, which is like...12 years now.

If you can read for a basket of food, free lunch or dinner, go for it.

Bartering is SWEET.

nisaba

Fudugazi said:
Not sure about the restaurant, though - it would be fine if quiet, but otherwise, I can imagine it to be a rather off-putting experience for querent and reader - not to mention the risk of getting Hollandaise all over your cards...
In 2000, I got a phone call from a woman who co-owned a fairly classy restaurant in roughly the area I was living and working in at the time. She had picked up my name and number from someone who had had a reading from me. Her spiel was that three days a week she had to pay money to a guitarist to sit in the corner of the restaurant and strum at the customers: he wanted to do one day a week less, and she offered the time and space to me complete with one meal and as many coffees a I could consume to do readings. I'd charge what I liked, they'd take 20-minute bookings for me, and they didn't want a cut of my takings because they were already saving money on not having to pay a musician.

It worked really, really well.

I'd sit in a particular table in the corner, and cover it with my rainbow cover, set out a couple of decks and a few crystals, and just read. Most days, after the first week or two, I was booked out - word got around, and people who had had a reading or who had just seen me at work, came back with all their friends and in some cases booked out all my time.

People would eat at their own tables. The first person to get a reading, their meal would be held in the kitchen, and they'd sit with me at my table, and go back to their friends, when they would be served and the next one would come over. Food was outlawed at my table - the most they were allowed, after a nasty accident with a cup of coffee and my favourite table-spread and a few cards out of a working deck, was a glass of water - if they only placed it down on a saucer.

I was as popular as. I read there for about two years, and after the beginning was always booked out - got so bad I'd take my meal away to eat at home. Then the proprietor and got chatting about this'n'that, and it turned out a really good mate of mine was an ex of hers. Suddenly, two weeks later, I was out of a Thursday gig. <sigh>

I suppose the whole point of the story is that restaurant gigs really, really work. But make sure they eat at a different table, spell that out beforehand to the manager. Oh, and don't talk about anything outside of work.

Mateo06

I could only hope to get a gig like that. My intuitive skill isn't that high of a level. Hopefully I can exercise my muscles.