Wise sayings = Cards

Aladdin

Ash,
The racing driver Sir Stirling Moss is renowned for sayings and quotations.
One of which as closely as i can remember was, 'a man is ruled by his penis much more than he may ever care to admit'. Guess this would stand up well for the Ace of rods / wands.

sacredashes

Aladdin,

I did a reading for a friend of mine last week and this card came up first... it was a love life reading and he was torn between 2 different women but he wasn't really looking for a commitment. He just wanted to know if he was going to get "lucky"... with both. :laugh: I definately see what you mean.

Ash

sacredashes

Stephen Covey:

"We immediately become more effective when we decide to change ourselves rather than asking things to change for us." = 2 of Swords (r); 8 of Swords (r); Wheel of Fortune

"The way we see the problem is the problem." = 3 of Swords; 9 of Swords

Kahlil Gibran:

"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." = 6 of Pentacles

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." = 4 of Cups

"The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain." = Queen of Cups

"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream." = 6 of Cups

Feretian

eight of pentacles

I do most of my work sitting down-that's where I shine. --Robert Benchley

sacredashes

"Time flies like an arrow" = Knight of Swords
"Fruit flies like a banana" = Knight of Pentacles

:laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist.. whose quote is that btw? It's witty, witty, funny.

Feretian

Creepy...I just put that on my signature last night...I heard it years ago in New Hampshire from an illustrator named Walter ---(?)(oh this old brain) who used it in his series of animal greeting cards. :)

sacredashes

Homer :

"Do thou restrain the haughty spirit in thy breast, for better far is gentle courtesy." = Strength

"Of men who have a sense of honor, more come through alive than are slain, but from those who flee comes neither glory nor any help." = 7 of Swords

"Young men's minds are always changeable, but when an old man is concerned in a matter, he looks both before and after. " = All the 4 Kings sitting upright upon their thrown, wearing crowns of gold that bleeds away their youth; Emperor; Hierophant; Hermit

Sri Madhava :

"Freedom, then, lies only in our innate human capacity to choose between different sorts of bondage, bondage to desire or self esteem, or bondage to the light that lightens all our lives." = 8 of Swords; The Devil

Carl Jung :

"Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent." = Empress; Emperor; 10 of Pentacles; 10 of Cups

"The healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers." = 5 of Swords

"We cannot change anything unless we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses. " Wheel of Fortune; The Tower

Robert Frost:

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." = The Chariot; Temperance

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." = Fool, Magician, 7 of Pentacles, all the 4 Knights thinking they will save the world

"The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work." = 9 of Swords

"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." = Justice

Adolf Hitler :

"The great masses of the people... will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one." = The Moon; 7 of Swords

"...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken." = Knight of Wands; 7 of Wands

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." = Emperor (r); Hierophant (r)

Mahatma Gandhi:

"I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life." = 7 of Wands

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." = 7 of Wands

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." = = Strength; 7 of Wands

"In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth. " = Hermit; Hanged Man; 8 of Cups

sacredashes

Aesop, The Goose with the Golden Eggs:

"Thinking to get at once all the gold the goose could give, he killed it and opened it only to find - nothing." = 9 of Cups

Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse:

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." = Strength

Mahatma Gandhi (attributed)

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." = Justice

Seneca:

"Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received." = 6 of Pentacles

"Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones." = 5 of Swords

"I do not distinguish by the eye, but by the mind, which is the proper judge." = King of Swords

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." = 3 of Wands

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." 2 of Wands

'It is pleasant at times to play the madman. " = The Fool

Bernice

"Those whom the Gods love, they first drive mad" = The Fool

balenciaga

Sartre: "Hell is other people" - The hermit