Working on Psychic Phone Lines

motsa

I would really expect that most if not all are like that (I mean the general phone lines, not individual tarot readers doing readers over the phone as a part of the services they offer). <whatever> phone lines (whether they are psychic lines, sex lines, etc.) make their profit from keeping people on the phone as long as possible. You may actually find someone on such line who can read the cards reliably but any quality of reading is incidental to keeping the callers on the phone as long as possible. You might get some experience working on those lines but I think the general discomfort you're bound to feel as a result of what you'd be asked to do is bound to outweigh that benefit.

Ange

At best it will get you used to talking to the public and will help you to 'find' what to say to talk for some length of time before you do it face to face.

My thoughts are that if you do it, and get the hang of it, then going live in a coffee shop, which would be the best option, would come easier for you....cos at first you would be behind a phone....safe from prying eyes while you got used to it eh...:)

But as for it being any good as real redings....then no....it's a stepping stone nothing more.

Ang x

Apollonia

Several years ago, I worked on two phone lines, and neither of them pushed me to extend readings. In fact, the clients paid ahead for a certain amount of time, and the connection was terminated when the time limit was reached. One of the outfits I read for was Psychic People, and they treated me, and the clients, well. I only stuck with it for a couple of months, though, because I found I didn't like being tied to the phone, whether it rang or not, for several hours each week. Both of the companies I read for required a minimum time commitment each week during which you would be available.

It was far more harrowing than sitting across from a client, because I wanted to get each person the most information for their limited amount of time. If you are interested in developing speed, I would recommend it. For monetary gain, I think you'd be better off finding a place to read for people in person.

If you are going to do this, I would recommend a smallish site where you are required to give a reading to the boss before you are allowed to read. That at least shows they are somewhat concerned with quality. Also, be prepared to spend months before building up a regular clientele. There are a ton of readers on every site, and the ones that are successful have been there for years.

If you feel you need more experience reading for strangers, I would recommend doing one card readings on the Free Tarot Network. You don't get paid, but the experience is well worth it.

stpcarly

Also, if you do find a company that sounds interesting, go to sites and ask if anyone else has experience with them. the WAHM site (don't have addy on hand but you can google it) has a psychic section and those girls have worked for lots of places and can give you an opinion on what it is like and if it is legit.

There are phonelines that hire anyone, then there are ones that actually do care because they know the better the reader/psychic the better chance of a client coming back. But not all are like that.

Sulis

Hi Folks,

This is a very interesting thread but it really belongs in the Professional Tarot forum which is in the subscribers section of the forum.

If the thread is moved Littlestar won't be able to see it as she's not a forum subscriber so the thread will be locked and removed in 24 hours.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator