Would a different elemental/suit system be a deal-breaker?

Would a different elemental system be a deal-breaker?

• Yes

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 63.0%

• Total voters

Sulis

I voted 'Yes' because it would be a deal breaker for me...
The correspondences of Wands / Fire, Swords / Air, Cups / Water, Coins / Earth just make sense to me and I use those same correspondences when I do magical work or elemental meditations too so I really struggle if I have to swap them around, especially with the court cards.

victoria.star

Possibilities

I voted "no" because I don't like to count anything out.
I like to keep my options open, remain flexible and be available for wonder! :)

tarotcognito

I use the usual Elemental attributions (Wands = Fire, etc) extensively and automatically. For me they have wide ranging mythological, psychological, and occult associations which I have built up over the years and would be loathe to give up. Another system (such as the Wiccan) would be a deal breaker unless there were something really special about the deck. I have no problem with decks which are neutral regarding the Elements, such as those in the Marseille tradition.
This.

Laura Borealis

I apologize for not getting back to this for a couple of days. Events in my life put it out of my mind temporarily. I really do appreciate everyone's answers - thank you all.

I spent some time yesterday writing notes and brainstorming about my ideas, and I'm going with the usual elemental correlations after all - Swords/air, Cups/water, etc. It all started to come together and I made a fair bit of progress with my concepts :) I may revisit the other idea in the future though.