wwhich card best represents captivity in tarot?

Tansey Ella

well, yes the hanged man does render immobile by indecision or maybe by circumstances beyond your control.
the 4 swords is not bad in that it shows a person needing respite. Still if you have the deck 78 doors, look at the 8 swords, it is pretty close to what I am thinking of.
if I had a card that showed a woman or man in their home with it locked down tight and they were peering out the window, fearful to go out that might be it. however, it is not that they fear others, they are immobilized by themselves.

Tansey Ella

I just read the rest of replies and I think , based just on rws pics and meanings, I agree, the 8 swords n 4 pents may be closet.
really I think all the cards we have mentioned address certain different aspects of this illness. I believe we have covered the spectrum of mind and body.
I like the 78 doors as they often have very unusual and interesting depictions of the cards, very unique.

Tansey Ella

thanks for the replies, want to show these cards to a friend.

skywatching

I am someone who is dealing with a problem with agoraphobia so the card for me is Nine of Swords.

It's all in your mind, your not physically trapped, just mentally and you constantly use your negative thoughts to keep you there, you also suffer with stress/anxiety, depression and insomnia which are all represented with this card.

Hope that's helpful

Grizabella

8 of Swords and 9 of Swords, most definitely. The combination of the two.

Debra

How about 9 of pents reversed? Staying within the walls of the garden.

La Force

The Devil, are you ready to face your fear y/n?
The Sun rx

Ilaris

Doing the Celtic Cross spread I had The Tower on the environment/external influences possition and then Justice as the key to all the reading and the Devil as near future. There was no question in my reading but I'm sure it was talking about a teaching experience I'm doing with young men and women in jail.

tarotcognito

The Devil, are you ready to face your fear y/n?
Definitely the Devil, i.e. being trapped in patterns of behaviour, feeling chained to a situation or person,