Yes or No?

mystic_smiles

thanks this spread is very useful.

onyxangel

A yes/no spread I use. You'll do three piles. Count up to thirteen for each pile, stopping if you reach an ace. Each ace counts as a yes. If you want more information on the answer, you can read the cards using the cards under the upper card for clarification.

Brock Johnson

I see onyxangel has pposted before I did. The "Three Aces Spread" as it is commonly called is the one I use. If you reach no aces it is a definite no. All aces in each pile is definitely yes. If only one or two aces, look at the other pile(s) and see what card it is to try and find out if it is yes or no.

If you want to get more clarification, look under the most prevalent pile to you. Lay out all of the cards and see what feeling you get from them.

Brock

Anja

question?

Brock,

Brock Johnson said:
If only one or two aces, look at the other pile(s) and see what card it is to try and find out if it is yes or no.

What do you mean by looking at the other pile(s) to see what card it is? Do you mean what number card the ace was and go to the other pile and count till you get that number? I'm probably making it more difficult than it is. If you could, please explain. Is this spread pretty accurate, in your opinion?
Thanks,
Anja

Sunburst

I've read about one card draws where Wands and Cups mean "yes" and Swords and Pentacles mean "no". With the majors, odds are "yes", evens are "no".

But I've always had a hard time with using Tarot for a yes/no questions. For me, Tarot seems more helpful for understanding "why" or "how" or "what I need to know" about an issue.

For yes/no, I've found a pendulum to be much more effective. Then I go to Tarot to understand the yes/no. :)

Sunburst

redflash

I do the 3 aces one if I'm doing a yes / no question. I haven't heard of looking at the cards underneath to help clarify the situation, I will definitely try that. And sunburst is right, a pendulum can be great for yes / no questions.

onyxangel

Anja said:
Brock,

What do you mean by looking at the other pile(s) to see what card it is? Do you mean what number card the ace was and go to the other pile and count till you get that number? I'm probably making it more difficult than it is. If you could, please explain. Is this spread pretty accurate, in your opinion?
Thanks,
Anja

There are 3 piles in the layout. Look at the cards comprising the other piles - starting with the top cards. If you want clarification on any part, use the cards under for help.

Hope this helps :)

onyx

Anja

onyxangel said:
There are 3 piles in the layout. Look at the cards comprising the other piles - starting with the top cards. If you want clarification on any part, use the cards under for help.

Hope this helps

onyx

Thank you for explaining. Yes, it now makes sense.
Anja

rainwolf

Look in the spread thread at the top of the main 'tarot spread' page. If you scroll down, there are a few good ones, and one i made. I think its unique and you might like it because it seems like it would answer what you are looking for.

michmm

rainwolf said:
Look in the spread thread at the top of the main 'tarot spread' page. If you scroll down, there are a few good ones, and one i made. I think its unique and you might like it because it seems like it would answer what you are looking for.

thanks a lot,... will definitely take a look. thanks