Yes or No?

happyphantom

Yes/No spread with further explanation

I usually start out with something similar.

I sort the entire deck into 6 piles of 13 each. I count to 12 and flip the 13th card over before counting out the next 13. Make sure you flip the cards the same way each time.

I count the number of uprights versus reversed cards. Uprights mean yes, reversed means no. If I get 3 and 3, that means maybe, but it is up to me or can't be determined yet.

The strength of the answer is based on how many of the cards are facing a particular direction. For example, 6 reversed cards is a very strong no, while 4 reversed is not as severe.

For more explanation, I take the 6 cards facing up, shuffle them, and them lay them out in the pattern of the first 6 cards of the celtic cross (without the "staff")

Every time I need to make a decision, this spread shows me the way.

Hope that helps.

Gavriela

Seven cards, and you need to use reversals even if you normally don't, because tarot wants to chat with you before it says yay or nay.

1 - Past
2 - Present
3 - Near Future
4 - Answer
5 - Energies around the query
6 - Your attitude
7 - Outcome

If either or both the Answer and Outcome cards are reversed, the answer is "no". But at least it will give you an idea of why. If you get a bad card upright in either or both of those spots, it's still a "yes" but you might pull a clarifying card, to see what the catch is going to be.

This isn't original to me but I don't know who deserves credit. It does work well, in my experience.

Tiggy-cat

For a Yes/No spread, I'd recommend a simple 3-card spread that I found in the book "Tarot for Yourself" by Mary K. Greer...

This spread uses card reversals to help in determining the answer...

****1*************2*************3*****
(counts once)***(counts twice)***(counts once)
***PAST*********PRESENT*******FUTURE**

Count all uprights and reversals (counting the middle card twice)... if you arrive at a tie: "a) the outcome is as yet undetermined; b) your best interests are not served by an answer at this time; or c) your question is not appropriately or clearly stated.

After determining the answer read the cards and their advice in terms of Past, Present, Future (or any other chosen variation of the 3 card spread).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also...
I have the Quest Tarot deck, and each of the court cards has a symbol (looks like 2 daggers) on the top of each card.

These cards allow you to ask direct yes-and-no questions. Your answer will be clearly displayed on the card or cards you draw.

I was just browsing for yes/no spreads and found thus, which sounds very interesting, but I'm not sure what the counting part us. Adding up the numbers from each card? And how do the number totals indicate a yes/no answer?