you know you're obsessed when...

Winterchild

Partners and Obsession!!

Ah, the concealing of the true size of the obsession from the PARTNER! - that's the real sign the obsession's out of hand...

May start a new thread about this....!!

Celtictarot

I haven't been reading tarot long, still learning and this already applies to me!

I am so with the deck goes with which bag brigade ha ha. So far:

Purple bag for Mythic Tarot
Red sun bag for Goddess tarot
Black double pentagram bag for Tarot of the Old Path
Fairy bag for my angels tarot
Harmonious tarot will have a flowery bag which I adore.
Favole Tarot will have a witchy bag which I found.
Shadowscapes has my organza bag as I keep it in its box LOL

LOL I thought I lost it LOL LOL OMG I am an addict already, I have no hope!

sparkles

when you pick up a book on the kabbalah from the local library just out of curiosity and you find yourself accidentally enabled to buy the radiant rws just because it made a passing reference to the use of tarot and it just didn't seem right to use the decks I already have : -))

This is in spite of the fact i've just paid nearly two weeks pay towards vet bills and sunday dinner today was a bowl of bran flakes and a banana for pudding!!!!

my only defence is i need something new to occupy my time whilst playing nursemaid to a post op guinea pig, don't I???

Starshower

Defensive Warrior reflex reaction.

Of course you do, sparkles!

When a be-dreadlocked carpenter comes to your flat, all cool & festy-setting-up-like, to see to your broken sash windows ... & he walks into your living room & sees the bookshelves full of tarot decks & books ... & he steps forward with instant interest & gasps "Oh! You have so many tarot decks!" (which is unusual for anyone around here ...) & you find yourself involuntarily leaping between him & the bookcases protectively - arms outstretched as if to defend them! What's WRONG with me?! Did my subconscious fear he would run off with them, or pour acid over them? Geesh!

Anyway, I was actually thrilled that this total stranger was interested, & we chatted away happily about all kinds of esoteric things while he fixed my window. :)

RunningWild

Paranoid/Protective Mode

...when you finally shell out the bucks to have internet access in your residence and the installation guy notices the books on your table and starts to tell you about his wife's reading of his daughter...

...and you think about how much you wish he would stop focusing on your books (look away! look away!). And after he leaves you check to make sure all is still where you left it and feel grateful that he didn't see the 42 Tarot decks.

*You make a note that either you are never going to allow another service person in the home or you are going to make sure that everything is safely stashed away to avoid another incident.

Lil Red

You know you're obsessed when you log in AT forums to see what new threads people have posted.

You know you're obsessed when you when you check in the mail to see if the postman brought in your new deck.

You know you're obsessed when you keeping looking at the AT website to look at all the pretty decks that are out there and making a list to in which to get and which ones to stay away from.

You know you're obsessed when you take your deck to go with you at all times no matter where you go it cannot leave your sight.

You know you're obsessed when you do the tarot talk.

You know you're obsessed when you when you cannot stop talking about tarot to your friends.

You know you're obsessed when you keep on buying tarot even though you are doing well with the one you have on you right now.

You know you're obsessed when you listen to a certain type of music and a card pops out of your head making the perfect match with it.

You know you're obsessed when you when you hear everyone buying the same tarot that you have to buy the same one just like them to not feel left out.

You know you're obsessed when you go to a bookstore and walking quickly to the tarot section to see what new deck they have only to feel disappointed when it’s still the same deck only to do it again the next week. :D

You know you're obsessed when you finally have enough money to buy yourself a new deck and starting all over again by scratch.

You know you're obsessed when you won’t let anyone do any damage to your deck for they are your precious babies.

You know you're obsessed when you … okay you get the point. I’m one obsessed woman. :love:

queenxofxwands

You know you're obsessed when you sleep with your cards. Im single and id rather just sleep with my cards. They have their own side of the bed. Theyre very comfortable...dont judge me...

*Isobel*

You know you're obsessed when you read all the threads since the beginning and find this one...:)

Alta

You know you're obsessed when you read all the threads since the beginning and find this one...:)
haha..... well, that's as good a definition as any.

nisaba

<grin> Yep, I agree.