Your oldest deck?

The crowned one

A 68' Albano. I use it weekly.

VGimlet

Currently my oldest deck is my Aquarian deck which I got new in 1972. Bright blue backs.

The cards are still in good shape except one of the backs is slightly ripped, and one other card has a slight crease.
I don't use it much anymore, but it's highly unlikely I'd ever get rid of it.

I am getting interested in pre-1970's decks, so this may change. :D

raventepes

I have two fairly old decks. The first is an early 80's Thoth, and the second is a William Blake, though I'm not entirely sure how old it is.

Tabby

My oldest deck is the Rider-Waite. I haven't really used it in awhile, but I still have it.

MareSaturni

I love used decks. My 'Cosmic Tarot' is used, and it shuffles so well. Same with my 'Hanson-Roberts'...and the best...is that they are the older versions, with greater quality.

My *real* oldest deck is the 'Enchanted Tarot', which no longer is mine...it actually lives in the other room, lol :D. My mother loved stealing it from me to read for herself, so one day i gave it to her.

So now i consider my oldest deck the 'Mythic Tarot'...which was my second deck and is still used nowadays. Yes, it still lives and works and definitely isn't interested in retirement. :D

~Marina

easyboy82

Debra said:
Later if I get up the nerve I will go to the basement and post a scan. It deserves recognition.

Oh yes please, scan it for us! :)

sapienza

The deck I have owned the longest is my first ever deck the, Mythic, with the black backs. I think it's an original edition. My Aunt was given it by my Grandmother (who wouldn't have even known what it was) and then had to get it out of her house because it contained 'the devil' :laugh:, and so then it sat in my Mums drawer for awhile until she finally said I could have it. I started using it in about 1998. I used it exclusively for about 7 years. I don't use it a lot now but it still holds a very special place in my heart. I just love the smell of it and sometimes I get it out just for the smell.....ok, so that probably makes me sound rather odd :)

The oldest deck I have though is a 1979 Morgan Greer. I got it off e-bay because I'd wanted one for so long and I got a new version and absolutely couldn't use it because of the shiny plastic lamination. I do like the feel of the old one so much better but the colours are much less vibrant and to be truthful I haven't used it much at all.

Alta

I think my oldest deck is an old Thoth that I got via abebooks several years ago. It is well worn (that is, the cards are quite soft) and does not have the edge scroll work, so it is likely my oldest deck. I am unsure because I also have older decks purchased off eBay etc.

kwesifriends

My oldest deck could be my first deck The fey tarot. I bought it last year November and I wish I can preserve it. But Unfortunately there are some scratches already.

Alpha-Omega

Well the first deck I bought was a RWS deck, that was back in 2001. All my decks are brand new when i buy them. However the only deck I did get that was used was from ebay and it was the rider De lux (That one in the purpule box and gilded edges) I love it and I must be my oldest deck.