Your route through tarot? Where are you now?

Michael Sternbach

I was already familiar with certain Eastern philosophies, including the Yijing, when I read about Tarot in a magazine on alternative science. The article featured samples from various decks. I was impressed by the Thoth deck right away. I went to a big bookstore and bought a deck along with some books. I started practicing divination for myself and others in my environment. I was also interested in the esoteric background of Tarot and read some books on that, along with a few more decks.

Around the same time (it all happened nearly thirty years ago), I got familiar with Bach Flower Therapy. About five years later (I had become a certified BF therapist meanwhile), I had the opportunity to collaborate with a psychiatrist and psychotherapist. I could also integrate other methods I had studied into my sessions, including psychic diagnosis and healing, Astrology and, of course, Tarot. Together with the psychiatrist and some other therapists, I founded an institute for alternative therapies which existed into the late 90s.

While Tarot always played a role, it was not always in the central to my diverse interests. My old interest was revived in more recent times, and I started exploring the Golden Dawn system of Tarot in more depth - an ongoing endeavour. On the practical side, I am now also offering readings by email via my blog (besides Tarot also Astrology, Bach Flower Therapy and Homeopathy).