Thoth - List of Editions.

Strange2

Kissa said:
which edition can possibly this one be? -> http://cgi.ebay.com/Crowley-Thoth-Tarot-Deck_W0QQitemZ6995021854QQcategoryZ51352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

???? 84€ !!!!
9.5 x 14 cm with 78 cards + 3 extra cards + booklet

Per the eBay listing, this is a US Games edition, my guess the "Green Box" edition. The 3 extra cards are probably the Unicursal Hexagram, the OTO card, and maybe a generic US Games card listing other decks available? 84 Euros is an outrageous price for this edition.

Strange2

Kissa said:
I would give an arm and a leg to get a Thoth with the three Magus and backs with NO white border. is there such a thing in the world? i don't care for the size... re: Thoth, SIZE DOESN'T MATTER :D :D

I think your appendages are safe, Kissa }), as the only Thoth edition that I am aware of with the 3 Magus cards is the US Games "purple box" edition with white borders on the backs, and the cards are medium-sized (110 x 70 mm). So no large-sized borderless 3-headed Magus Thoth cards, yet... :(

Kissa

thanks for sharing your knowledge Strange2!

ok, i'll keep all my arms + legs for now, but let's see what happens to my body parts when/if? the new DeLuxe AG Müller comes out...

guess what, i'm really off to bed now, see you!

K.

PS: regarding eBay article, i also thought it was this version but the price is so high and the seller so silent... so i thought i'd better check here ;)

thinbuddha

Strange2 said:
I think your appendages are safe, Kissa }), as the only Thoth edition that I am aware of with the 3 Magus cards is the US Games "purple box" edition with white borders on the backs, and the cards are medium-sized (110 x 70 mm). So no large-sized borderless 3-headed Magus Thoth cards, yet... :(

There are large editions with 3 magus cards (not currently in print). They can be found.

Kissa

thinbuddha said:
There are large editions with 3 magus cards (not currently in print). They can be found.

could you tell me more???? come on, i'm drooling all over the keyboard...

kissa

ps: does this mysterious "they can be found" means you own one of those or even better... you know where to find them...

gregory

I have three maguses and on a big deck - from Muller. BUT - they have back borders..... I suspect Thinbuddha is the same ?

Kissa

hi gregory,

do you have an iSBN for your little treasure? purchased when you were 7yo, twenty-years ago, i presume?

how are you otherwise?

kissa

gregory

I don't believe it has one. I got it from Somerville - e-mail and ask him what cards his current in stock Muller has in; he will know ! At the moment he seems not to have the large ones. but it says:

78 cards + 2 additional cards + 41 page instruction booklet in English.

Who knows which 2 extras.....???

There is another website I have just discovered; if it's there I'll let you know.

Just for you and because it is Christmas I went up to have a look - and it doesn't have an ISBN. And I got it in 1989. Not quite 20 years yet..... Look for the asymmetrical box like mine on e-bay, I would....

~ wait - 20 years ago when I was 7 ??? LOL. :D I am 61, dear. But thanks for the Christmas prezzie of almost 40 years ! ! And the shingles are very much better thanks.

Kissa

oh my! so you really are a grandma, a real one! ;)

you mean blue asymentrical box, my dear? btw, thanks very much for runnung upstairs to check... i almost wrote in my first message "you don't have to go now to search for a number, i know you are not well"...

i'll write to mr Somerville in a sec. thanks!

kissa

thinbuddha

Kissa said:
ps: does this mysterious "they can be found" means you own one of those or even better... you know where to find them...

Sadly, I am in the same boat you are in (looking madly for one). but in my search, I've found plenty of people (like Gregory) who have one they don't wish to part with.

The one on ebay is probably what we are both looking for- and is verymuch overpriced. I wouldn't pay more than US $50 for one of these decks.... and I suspect that I'll eventually find one for around $20.

-tb