Tarot of Innocence - it now exists

Quester

My deck is here!!! Love the cards and the quality is excellent!! I am looking forward learning and playing in this Innocent world of Fey!!

rwcarter

My deck is here!!! Love the cards and the quality is excellent!! I am looking forward learning and playing in this Innocent world of Fey!!
Did you get the B&W or the Color? Got around to opening my decks tonight and was going to do a side-by-side comparison of them. The color one was completely out of order while the B&W deck was completely in order. So the time I spent ordering the color deck was time I didn't get to use for comparing the decks. Got as far as the Hanged Man before I had to go do other stuff.

But even in the first few cards I notice some big changes between the two editions. Even though the decks are twins, they're fraternal twins with what looks like different personalities. I can already tell that I'm glad I got one of each instead of two color decks.

Rodney

shadowdancer

Glad they are starting to reach destinations. The wait is the hard part for sure.
Mine always come from HK, and usually from final production to them arriving on my doorstep is in the region of 5 days. Amazing when you think it is a fair way to the South Island of NZ.

Quester, I am soooo glad (and relieved!!) that they are okay and you are pleased with them. You know you are going to have to let us know how the early play sessions go with the wee folk, and if any end up with a wee soft spot in your heart. Mine is the Hermit. :) And the 4 of pents youngster.

I have found another print site which doesn't do cards but shedloads of other stuff (including skater skirts, jumpers etc)

I have just ordered a 30" x 30" spread cloth in the same style as the poster. The card images are transparent so as not to distract from the cards used in a reading.

The poster came out well. Shame I couldn't control my camera flash. This is a scaled down version of a reading set up, due to the limitations of the community centre used for the event. I was pleased though.

Attachments

• spreadcloth at.jpg
    spreadcloth at.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 78
  • stall.jpg
    stall.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 76

shadowdancer

HI Rodney..

My bad. They are in the order I completed the colouring. I should have realised that may be an irritation for some. :( It just seemd a system that worked for me, and I stuck with it as I progressed through the deck.
I hope it is not too much of an issue. And will apologise to anyone who is yet to receive their deck if this causes a few under the breath mumbles.

Yes, they are different but also the same. I had to make the b/w versions usable for colouring. In some cases that meant removing sections or lines. In a few cases it meant taking out entire background aspects that were just too rough for me to work with. Some were fine just as they were. Others had indicators of what should be there, and no doubt Steve would have given definition when he came to colour them. My limitations really did dictate what I could and couldn't do.

The real difference is with the ace of swords. He did make huge changes to the coloured version. It is that I re-worked for the coloured deck, but I had to use the original sketch for the b/w deck.

Quester

Did you get the B&W or the Color? Got around to opening my decks tonight and was going to do a side-by-side comparison of them. The color one was completely out of order while the B&W deck was completely in order. So the time I spent ordering the color deck was time I didn't get to use for comparing the decks. Got as far as the Hanged Man before I had to go do other stuff.

But even in the first few cards I notice some big changes between the two editions. Even though the decks are twins, they're fraternal twins with what looks like different personalities. I can already tell that I'm glad I got one of each instead of two color decks.

Rodney

I have the colored version and am debating whether to get the B&W or another color. This deck is soooo cute!!!

shadowdancer

Thanks again for that quester :)

They do have different vibes albeit they are the basis for the coloured version. There are posted photos so you can see if the b/w is something (or not) that you would feel comfortable with.

Will also be interested to see how you feel about not having titles, but only having initial indicators. Being only poker sized, I didn't want to waste any space by adding a bar for titles. It really was a compromise and a difficult one to call.

PattyMc

My color edition arrived today! Although I really enjoyed looking at the scans online, I must say that the scans don't do the deck justice. In hand these cards really shine and the personalities show themselves quite clearly.

I must spend some time, but first glance...I am delighted! I don't mind not having titles, (does have the initial indicators) I think that there is so much going on in each card that titles would have been distracting.

Great job Davina! Just for reference, my deck came from Clarksville TN. USA

Patty

rwcarter

HI Rodney..

My bad. They are in the order I completed the colouring. I should have realised that may be an irritation for some. :( It just seemd a system that worked for me, and I stuck with it as I progressed through the deck.
I hope it is not too much of an issue. And will apologise to anyone who is yet to receive their deck if this causes a few under the breath mumbles.
Not a problem. I just thought that both would've been ordered or both would've been out of order. But it makes sense that the reason is the order in which the cards were uploaded affects the order in which they are arranged once printed.

Rodney

shadowdancer

My color edition arrived today! Although I really enjoyed looking at the scans online, I must say that the scans don't do the deck justice. In hand these cards really shine and the personalities show themselves quite clearly.

I must spend some time, but first glance...I am delighted! I don't mind not having titles, (does have the initial indicators) I think that there is so much going on in each card that titles would have been distracting.

Great job Davina! Just for reference, my deck came from Clarksville TN. USA

Patty

Thanks for the update Patty. :)

Yep I am guessing they have a few sources for the printing. Which is surprising me. I assumed (naively) they used a source in SF, and the one in Hong Kong.

The colours are better in real life. I just couldn't capture it with the camera.
Regards the personality of the deck, a huge thumbs up has to go to the original artist Steve. He did a great job in showing expressions and character.
I still smile when I see these wee dudes, but have to stop waxing lyrical about that :D I will come across like my nephew who has just had his first child. I know that can get a little too much....lol.

rwcarter

I still smile when I see these wee dudes, but have to stop waxing lyrical about that :D I will come across like my nephew who has just had his first child. I know that can get a little too much....lol.
You're a proud mama. You can get away with it for a little bit longer before folks get tired of hearing it.... ;)

Rodney