US Games: Poor QC and customer service?

daenys

(This may be in the wrong forum. If it is, please move it, thanks!)

I bought the Winged Enchantment Oracle deck a few weeks ago. One card came with a massive white chip in the back, a clear production defect, which sticks out like a sore thumb when I'm shuffling.

US Games has ignored both my emails about it to date. Honestly, I'm starting to get pissed off... If they're too stingy to replace just ONE card, then at least give me a response, for crying out loud!!

That's three for three decks from US Games, for me, which have had some noticeable production flaw. My Joie de Vivre has weird lines running through about half the cards, which appear when the cards catch the light. But this is the first time I've complained about anything, and I'm not impressed. At all.

Anyone else have issues with US Games and/or their customer service? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!!

Miss Divine

Oh no! I have never experience any problems with US Games customer service. I've had to contact them several times over the years and they've always emailed me back and sent me replacement cards if they were missing or damaged.

Richard

.....US Games has ignored both my emails about it to date. Honestly, I'm starting to get pissed off... If they're too stingy to replace just ONE card, then at least give me a response, for crying out loud!!.....

That's really surprising. They have an excellent reputation for customer service. :confused:

daenys

That's really surprising. They have an excellent reputation for customer service. :confused:

Well, that was what I'd heard. Maybe the emails just didn't go through... but I used the form on their website, which is used for, among other things, accounting stuff, so if there was a problem with it they would have noticed by now.

Miss Divine, how did you contact them?

Le Fanu

That sounds to me like email going astray / not getting through.

U.S Games have excellent customer service. I emailed once about a flawed card in my Brotherhood of Light deck and got a lovely chatty response -and prompt replacement - from none other than Mr Kaplan himself.

I might have got the email off the PCS Commemorative set / book or another deck or LWB. I don't think I just went to the site.

karen0205

(This may be in the wrong forum. If it is, please move it, thanks!)

I bought the Winged Enchantment Oracle deck a few weeks ago. One card came with a massive white chip in the back, a clear production defect, which sticks out like a sore thumb when I'm shuffling.

US Games has ignored both my emails about it to date. Honestly, I'm starting to get pissed off... If they're too stingy to replace just ONE card, then at least give me a response, for crying out loud!!

That's three for three decks from US Games, for me, which have had some noticeable production flaw. My Joie de Vivre has weird lines running through about half the cards, which appear when the cards catch the light. But this is the first time I've complained about anything, and I'm not impressed. At all.

Anyone else have issues with US Games and/or their customer service? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!!

Don't waste your time with email or contact info forms.
Just CALL them. Write down the name of the person who you
talk to who says they will send you a card and if you don't receive
it in a week or two call back and ask for that same person. I have
never had a problem getting a replacement card but I don't email, I call

here is their number: 800 544-2637

IF you don't want to call them because you are in Australia, send me a pm
and I will call them and get the cards for you.

I have not had many issues but they do produce millions of deck so I am sure
some errors will be missed. They are good about it. What about Facebook?
You could contact them through their facebook page too.

Otherwise, just pm me with what you need and I will call them.

AJ

I never had any response to emails, ever.
A phone call will take care of it, and Mr. Kaplan is the one who mails the damaged card.

daenys

Quick update. After sending a third email (through the same form) and posting this thread I received an overnight response from Ilana at US Games. The cynical part of me thinks a PR person must have seen this thread, but that's partly what I was counting on.

Thanks Karen, AJ, but it's the time zone that's the issue with calling. I sure hope I don't get mailed a damaged card! (But I know what you mean. :) )

Yelell

Lol, the exact same thing happened when I couldn't get a response from Connections about a card missing from a new deck. They emailed back after I posted a thread! Coincidence I'm sure :thumbsup:

daenys

Lol, the exact same thing happened when I couldn't get a response from Connections about a card missing from a new deck. They emailed back after I posted a thread! Coincidence I'm sure :thumbsup:

Right. :D