Has anyone found particularly accurate method of telling time with the cards?

SweetAsRoses

Has anyone experimented with trying to ask "when" questions? What have you found to be the most accurate method?

Sulis

I usually ask 'What needs to happen before XXXXX happens?' Lay out the cards and read them.

The crowned one

Yes I have and with no luck/skill. I have nailed dates in many readings but it was not the cards it was me. Somethings like time just do not lend themselves to a "system" of physical objects. Tarot , in the late 1700's , as a deviation tool was not designed to incorperate time, so there is no reason for it to now start working using the same systems and cards that I have read about from Antoine Court de Gébelin, Eliphas Lévi, Etteilla ,Waite and even Aleister Crowley's Thoth.

I would love someone here to prove me wrong with examples not words but I have not yet seen anyone do it. WE can, the cards can not as near as I can tell.

SweetAsRoses

Thank you all for replying. Sulis's suggestion I find particularly helpful and practical. I am very interested in looking into Yygdrasilian's post. So far I feel like The crowned one in this, many people talk about time telling methods, but so far I've never seen any proof.

moderndayruth

Sulis said:
I usually ask 'What needs to happen before XXXXX happens?' Lay out the cards and read them.

Now, that's an idea! :lightbulb :thumbsup:

Thanks, Sulis! :heart:

Le Fanu

SweetAsRoses said:
Has anyone experimented with trying to ask "when" questions? What have you found to be the most accurate method?

Welll, you say "the cards" so I assuming you mean tarot... but Ive found that in terms of time Ana Cortez´s Playing Card Oracles is an interesting method (basically normal playing cards, but the book, rather than deck only is the secret with this)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/playing-card-oracles/

She goes into depth about using the cards for time scales. Worth a look...

Also The Oracle of the Radiant Sun;

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oracle-radiant-sun/

has an astological method (very accessible, not at all scarey) in which you lay out the cards for the year and then can "zoom" in on a pile and divide it into days then hours. Interesting methods, both. And both have the concept of "time" worked into them.

Funny Ive never used tarot for timescales. Just somehow feel that it´s more abstract, more internal. Tarot for me is best in terms of where I am with my thinking etc. But that´s just me...

IsisSophia

I have seen a system that uses the element of the suits for timing, but alas, I can't remember where I saw it. Pentacles (earth) are the slowest, followed by Cups (water), then Swords (air) with Wands (fire) the fastest. So Pentacles would be months; Cups weeks, Swords days and Wands hours. I remember that the numbered cards are the only ones used so the 6 of Cups, for instance would indicate 6 weeks.

I think Astrology is a better tool for timing questions, but I really like Sulis' idea. I think I'll try that. Thanks Sulis!

Teheuti

Some people use spread positions for timing - for instance a 12-card year spread with one card for each month. Or 3 cards at the end of the reading for what will manifest in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months (or any timing period you pick).

If you use the GD system you can use the astrological correspondences via decanates (2 thru 10 of each suit) and signs (12 of the Majors).

I prefer to mention timing only if there are several repetitions that could indicate that the timing is important—when I feel I'm being hit over the head with it. For instance, several Aces, Pages and/or the Fool or Magician, plus 8 of Wands indicate something immediate. A lot of Reversals can show significant delays or a future that is in flux.

Another one that has jumped out a few times is a Major Arcana zodiac sign in a future or outcome position: Say it's Temperance (= Sagittarius in the GD system) plus several 4s, and Sagittarius is four months away. Then I'd take it as a sign that things will manifest in four months during the sign of Sagittarius.

SunChariot

Personally I have found that if you want to predict when something will happen, like what day of what month of what year...there are methods to do it, but it's very hard to be accurate.

Not that the methods don't work in theory, just that timing is a bit fragile and flighty and hard to pin down, so much can change it.

Like let's say your Tarot predicted that someone was going to have some kind of serious talk with you that you were not looking forward to. If you asked when and it said next Tuesday. Next Tuesday rolls around and the person approaches you and where normally the conversation would ahve taken place then and there, they take one look at you and see you look upset/unhappy and decide that it is nto the time and place to have it just then. Then instead a week or two later when you are not longer thinking of it, then it will happen.

The timing of something can just so easily change, that I don't know if it truly can accurately be predicted with any method.

That is what my experieince seems to have shown me anyway,

Babs