Has anyone found particularly accurate method of telling time with the cards?

HoneyBea

I use a system that I heard on one of the Tarot Connection podcasts that has been very successful for me when wanting to predict when an event is going to happen. It one where I lay a card out for each month of the year only stopping when I see a card that I feel answers the question (and not going beyond 12 months) to complete the reading I usually read 2/3 cards before the "card" and maybe the same after it - it depends on how I feel intuitively how many I decide to read.

I have use this method to read for others and so far have been accurate with it.... I know this by following up with those who I have read for, so it seems to work well for me but it only tells you the month it is likely to happen. :)

Marchal

SunChariot said:
The timing of something can just so easily change, that I don't know if it truly can accurately be predicted with any method.

That is what my experieince seems to have shown me anyway,

Babs

You are certainly right about the matter of timing being precarious (and weighted with ethical considerations).
Nevertheless in some cases you might want to try:

If the number of cards in a spread is not too high - 3-card readings are very good for this - I try and use

- elemental associations: water and earth are "passive" elements, fire and earth "active". If more than 75% of cards in a spread are active, then the time span will be days, 50-75% means weeks, 25-50% means months and less than 25% years,

- if that is done you might look at the numbers of the cards - including reducing them numerologically - if there is a significant amount of one number this might point out how many days, weeks, months, years

- and of course astrological GD association and a calendar can be used to corroborate what you have found.

I found this in a paper by James Rioux somewhere on the net and it seems to work in many cases.

Kind regards
Marchal

mysticmoon

HoneyBea said:
I use a system that I heard on one of the Tarot Connection podcasts that has been very successful for me when wanting to predict when an event is going to happen. It one where I lay a card out for each month of the year only stopping when I see a card that I feel answers the question (and not going beyond 12 months) to complete the reading I usually read 2/3 cards before the "card" and maybe the same after it - it depends on how I feel intuitively how many I decide to read.

I have use this method to read for others and so far have been accurate with it.... I know this by following up with those who I have read for, so it seems to work well for me but it only tells you the month it is likely to happen. :)

This is also the method I've been using lately. I haven't done enough readings with this method to say anything conclusive about the accuracy though. :)

The crowned one

I have read on, and seen quite a few methods including some of the ones listed in the thread to date upcoming events. Anyone have a decent accuracy rate with them? I do not. I do well when a date pops into my head but when I use a "formula" I am about 90% inaccurate.

HoneyBea, a month is good! As a experiment I will add it onto my readings for a bit and see what I get.

Teheuti

The crowned one said:
I do well when a date pops into my head but when I use a "formula" I am about 90% inaccurate.
I rarely use a formula as a cold calculation - however it does serve to give my intuition a nudge. I find that the numbers have significance but in a playful kind of way. An ace might say "within a month." When coupled with some 4s then it might say "at the end of one month/four weeks." Or, it could be that something that begins immediately (within the month) will culminate in four months. I then check to see if anything else in the spread confirms one or the other of these - like a zodiac Major Arcana.

I've had a few people tell me that the timing I "predicted" was right on. But, I wonder about all those those readings from which I heard nothing further.

Rachel Pollack tells of one woman who desperately wanted a love relationship but stopped looking because a reading said this person would come into her life on a certain date, so she figured anyone she met before that would just be a wasted energy. I think this can be a real danger.

starrystarrynight

oneyBea said:

I have use this method to read for others and so far have been accurate with it.... I know this by following up with those who I have read for, so it seems to work well for me but it only tells you the month it is likely to happen.
I like this one! I'm going to try it out to see if it can work for me. I have never been good at timing.

HoneyBea

Teheuti said:
I

Rachel Pollack tells of one woman who desperately wanted a love relationship but stopped looking because a reading said this person would come into her life on a certain date, so she figured anyone she met before that would just be a wasted energy. I think this can be a real danger.

I think this is true, I can give an example of reading for someone who wanted to know when they will get a job, (this was in the Nov. of last year) and I predicted the February of this year, but I also stated to that person, that I could be wrong and that they should consider looking and applying for every opportunity that came their way. However they did get the job I spoke of in February, just one example of this system I used working.

I like the system I use and I guess you could turn it around from months into weeks or even days, I do not really know how this would work I have not tried anything except months.

I think when predicting a time for someone, it is important to say you could be wrong and I usually say that I will do the prediction for fun - my usual reading method is proactive rather than predictive.

~HoneyBea~

Haunted Wood

Well I've tried to ask when questions but I often feel like the cards don't want to tell me, or I'm not meant to know and usually the card that I pull reflects that. Or I just have no idea what a particular card would mean in answer to a timing question, so that doesn't help much. I think the numbers of the cards can sometimes give clues, like a date or month maybe. I think it's really all up to your intuition to figure out when something might happen. I imagine the card illustrations could also help in this respect. I don't much like the various systems of dividing the minors into seasons, and as I don't believe in astrology that system wouldn't work for me either. I think there are certain majors which might help in timing questions, like getting the moon might mean within a month, and the sun might suggest summer. But I don't think that would be the case in every reading, and the cards are probably giving you a message about the event that you're asking about rather than telling you when it will occur. I think though the cards have indicated that something will be happening soon or very soon...some cards just seem faster than others, like the 8 of wands, ace of wands, ace of swords...amongst others. Likewise there are cards that seem slower. Usually though when that happens it's not in a reading which is actually asking 'when will such and such happen'.

frelkins

I have at time tried the Supertarot astrology timing system, but no one has ever given my the feedback, so I don't know if it was accurate or not. :( Have you used this system, Mary?

Teheuti

frelkins said:
I have at time tried the Supertarot astrology timing system, but no one has ever given my the feedback, so I don't know if it was accurate or not. :( Have you used this system, Mary?

I'm not sure what Paul's system is and don't have time right now to look it up - but I don't follow any system absolutely and try to stay away from timing issues - unless it's vitally important or a time factor seems obvious.