All new de-enabling thread

magpie9

SherryZoned said:
I would like the Vampire tarot by Place...however i really do not want to get any more tarot decks right now. But I am playing Vampire wars on facebook (yep I am a nerd) and I REALLY REALLY want that vampire deck. Please Help stop me.
The thing about that deck is that it's structure and minors are totaly based on the book, "Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What that means is learning a whole new system...preferably after (re)reading the book. Having seen the movie(s) is just not enough, even if you're a Vampire nut. Are you willing to invest all that time and attention to detail in what really is just another dark atmospheric deck? It's striking, eye catching, and trendy. It's a big flash now, but it's only the Flavor if the Month.

R. Place is really reaching for material anymore.

morticia monroe

FatesLady said:
OMG! I can cancel my pre-order because if I order this expensive collector edition, I will get a free copy of his standard when it comes out. Aiiiii!

Lets see, if I spend hundreds, I get a $20 item free.....

Nah.

Leave the order standing for the MM Legacy, and put your name on the list for the MM edition of his Tarot of Dreams as well. It's coming out in a matter of weeks, if I'm not mistaken. That way you'll have ALL his decks, and will still have saved hundreds, part of which can go towards purchasing OTHER decks that you will discover you also desire.

conversus

magpie9 said:
Wouldn't you rather find that out for say, $40, instead of what? $300+?

I won't even have to pay the $40 thanks to your excellent points!

Thanks! (I have been tempted; but as you say everything looks fab on the monitor, but without the backlighting? ? ?)

CED

Aerin

magpie9 said:
The thing about that deck is that it's structure and minors are totaly based on the book, "Dracula" by Bram Stoker.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't tell me that *sticks fingers in ears and says lalalalalalala* I have read that books loads of times and know it pretty well (although I must admit to skipping some of the dull bits).

Aerin

Mojo Twin 2

Well, you got my defensiveness buttons pushed pretty hard there. I'm far from a tarot newbie. As I've been studying and practicing with tarot for over 20 years. And I really like the Gilded Tarot. I know this is the de-enabling thread but that was a bit of a cheap shot at people who use a deck. I mean, if you use pieces of paper with 1-78 written on them and give fantastic, deep, insightful readings, what does it matter?

Sorry - but that seemed like a bit of a cheap shot, Magpie.

FatesLady

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Well, you got my defensiveness buttons pushed pretty hard there. I'm far from a tarot newbie. As I've been studying and practicing with tarot for over 20 years. And I really like the Gilded Tarot. I know this is the de-enabling thread but that was a bit of a cheap shot at people who use a deck. I mean, if you use pieces of paper with 1-78 written on them and give fantastic, deep, insightful readings, what does it matter?

Sorry - but that seemed like a bit of a cheap shot, Magpie.

I'm glad you said something, because I felt entirely the same way. I'm not going to buy the limited edition of the new deck, but I DO plan to buy the standard ToD and the standard LotD when they come out... Some of us find depth and beauty in those cards.

Debra

The artist himself says he knew very little about tarot when he made the Gilded.

Much of AT is "OH I LOVE THIS DECK YUMMY YUMMY FABULOUS!"

Not here. This thread is for Tough Love.

morticia monroe

Yep, you've got to be tougher than hammered cat sh** in this thread,,,no room for feelings. We can bash, run down, throw mud at, crucify, and pillage if we want to....whatever it takes to get that de-enabling accomplished.

On with the de-enabling!! Mush!! Mush!!!!

FatesLady

Alright missy, anyone think they can talk me out of the Victorian Flower Oracle?