All new de-enabling thread

gregory

Debra said:
The artist himself says he knew very little about tarot when he made the Gilded.

Much of AT is "OH I LOVE THIS DECK YUMMY YUMMY FABULOUS!"

Not here. This thread is for Tough Love.
How true how true how very ----

Excuse me; my glass of wine is more important than buying stuff..... :)

INCIDENTALLY - I wish to share with you that an ARTIST is emailing me to try and get me to buy his deck - which I do actually want but cannot afford. This has been going on for DAYS and I have not bought it.

Hug me, everyone. I am soooooo good ! :angel:

*course, if he is that desperate he might give me one.....

you think ???

me neither !!! *

FatesLady

**HUG** You ARE good!!!

gregory said:
How true how true how very ----

Excuse me; my glass of wine is more important than buying stuff..... :)

INCIDENTALLY - I wish to share with you that an ARTIST is emailing me to try and get me to buy his deck - which I do actually want but cannot afford. This has been going on for DAYS and I have not bought it.

Hug me, everyone. I am soooooo good ! :angel:

Debra

Victorian Flower Oracle

*raises hand*

I have a question.

You have a pack of Tea Leaf Fortune Cards. (Aren't there about a gazillion in this deck?) And it's pretty.

Do you use that deck? How often? Is it letting you down, or maybe you just lost interest?

One nice Victorian-style postcard is all you need.

gregory

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Well, you got my defensiveness buttons pushed pretty hard there. I'm far from a tarot newbie. As I've been studying and practicing with tarot for over 20 years. And I really like the Gilded Tarot. I know this is the de-enabling thread but that was a bit of a cheap shot at people who use a deck. I mean, if you use pieces of paper with 1-78 written on them and give fantastic, deep, insightful readings, what does it matter?

Sorry - but that seemed like a bit of a cheap shot, Magpie.
Not a cheap shot. That deck deserves it. It's pretty - but there are even posts here from Cirom saying if he'd known then what he knows now..... (Some people DO use those bits of paper mind...)

Mags never makes cheap shots. Hers are PUREST GOLD.... })

FatesLady

Debra said:
You have a pack of Tea Leaf Fortune Cards. (Aren't there about a gazillion in this deck?) And it's pretty.

Do you use that deck? How often? Is it letting you down, or maybe you just lost interest?

A couple times a week... I'd read it more if it made sense to, but the format of the readings makes that sort of pointless. :)

:love: my Tea Leaf Fortune cards.

Strike one. Anyone else?

gregory

FatesLady said:
**HUG** You ARE good!!!
Fank oo dollink :*

Tea Leaf FORTUNE cards ????

Why are you HERE ? ARE you a real tarotista or a plant from the let's branch out and make things worse with OTHER decks society ?

Do you use *shudder* PLAYING cards as well ?

But a FLOWER Oracle ? Why not just buy lovely real flowers and a copy of the Language of Flowers - which is a deeply pretty book and never led anyone into sin and temptation and....

Where was that wine again ? I only have the one glass.....

FatesLady

Hmm... I wonder if we could read the wine lees... lemme see that glass? ;)

Aerin

Sulis said:
Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old de-enabling thread has got bigger than that so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=107606

As before, I just want to start by saying that this thread is meant as a FUN THREAD... We really don't want to intentionally 'dis' decks so please don't get upset if you read something about your favourite deck here that you disagree with.

As before, please stick to de-enabling.
This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.
Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and MeeWah - Tarot Decks co-moderators.

I thought it worth quoting the first post in this thread because I am worried people may be upset and also not understanding the purpose of the thread...

Mojo2 and FatesLady - you are simply not allowed to like decks in this thread, however dear to your heart they may be. Some of the best de-enabling comes from people who love the deck. In fact, deck creators would probably be best of all....

Aerin

ps Fey? Too Pollyanna-ish. Sweet Twilight? Teenage angst. Even I can do it with these decks.

Aerin

FatesLady said:
A couple times a week... I'd read it more if it made sense to, but the format of the readings makes that sort of pointless. :)

:love: my Tea Leaf Fortune cards.

Strike one. Anyone else?

China cup. Loose tea. Teapot. BOILING water. Make tea. Drink tea. Voila! Tealeaves to read.

I mean, really.

Aerin

gregory

It was white. No lees. Now back to that nasty oracle deck..... IS THERE NO Oracle deenabling thread ?

Well, let's say this about that - I have NEVER SEEN IT - nor do I wish to.

But if you NEED lees I can open a bottle of red.... :) :CL MUCH better idea than buying that deck :D