Does any one recognize this Rider Waite clone?

Welf

rwcarter said:
The QP I believe has a small tear in the bottom border of the card, so I guess that's the universe's way of telling me that this will be the first deck I trim. And since it's a spare, if I mess it up, I'll still have my original Edith Waite. (There's something wrong with that last sentence, but I just can't put my finger on it....) If I'm not too embarrassed about my trimming job, I'll post pics.
Post them anyway, regardless... ok? I'm wondering if the border on the back matches up with the border of the face of the card... One of the downfalls of trimming a deck with a border around the back design... sometimes the printing simply doesn't match with the two sides on one or two or more cards...

I want to trim mine coz for me, the cards are a little too flexible for such a thin cardstock and I do want to use that deck sometimes... making them smaller helps a lot with this bendy problem...

Welf

emmsma

Mine arrived yesterday, as well. I think they are pretty, but I am disappointed. The cardstock is thin and cheap. Several cards have creases in them. A few have what may be water damage. On the backs of some there are "bubbles" where it looks like a drop of water sat and was absorbed. Some of the color scraped off the back at these points. Not alot, but its there.

I know I didn't pay much for them - I kinda jumped on the bandwagon, here.

The images are lovely, though. Just not sure what to think.

Queen of Pentacle

If you really want it (some infos)

Thank you all,
with yur informations, I managed to found some info as
ISBN: 8588886170
ISBN-13: 9788588886179

And googling with ISBN, it seems avalaible on the net from many llibraries there (in Brazil indeed)

Note this is for the kit (in Portugese) that Marina talked about.

Fabiannemo

And lo and behold hope on the horizon. thank you Queen of Pentacle.
Why oh why do i love clones so much?!

Queen of Pentacle

And why not Fabiannemo ?

Because Fabianno, you prabaly tried some decks that fit in any categrory, and whoses sytem are too different.

A good RWS clone is sure better than an hokus pocus nonsense of a decks with indefinite amount of minors suits, majors from nowhere, images that ring no bell, and evasive zen messages.

Frankly, I enjoy plain readable decks.
Especially a deck I may use at once, spontanously... and without habing to learn a whole new complicated method in a 466 pages book.
And RWS does it
(Thoth and Marseille also by the way)

Sometime too much crativitity is just plain silly.

Welf

emmsma said:
Mine arrived yesterday, as well. I think they are pretty, but I am disappointed. The cardstock is thin and cheap. Several cards have creases in them. A few have what may be water damage. On the backs of some there are "bubbles" where it looks like a drop of water sat and was absorbed. Some of the color scraped off the back at these points. Not alot, but its there.

I know I didn't pay much for them - I kinda jumped on the bandwagon, here.

The images are lovely, though. Just not sure what to think.
Poop! That's a bummer, sounds like you got unlucky... I could be wrong, but I suspect they are second hand, possibly used decks from a tarot class or something. ? The seller does advertise their goods as collectibles and looking at the pictures, some of the items appear to used..

When I first opended mine the first thought, impression, I had is that they were used... The cards themselves were not wrapped nor in new deck order, but were in a shuffled type order and didn't look or feel untouched brand new.

So the first thing I did while standing outside the post office is count them, yep, 78. I had good look at each card after reading your post and mine are all in very good condition.

Welf

gregory

The card stock is a bit thin, but other than that I think they're fine. I must confess I haven't counted them (yet) - but they don't appear used.

Fabiannemo

For anyone interested and sad that you missed your chance to get this lil oddity, i emailed the seller and she told me she's looking to order more in October.

truelighth

Mine also seem fine and don't seem used at all. Maybe there were some used decks and some completely new.. who knows?

Aulruna

Whew!! I have had the "Edith Waite" for two or three years, bought it in Spain. I never thought this would create such a frenzy anywhere :)

Can't say anything about that version on ebay, but the cardstock of the Edith Waite is rather good, though a bit glossy for my taste.

It did not have a LWB either, so if anyone can shed some light on the Edith Waite personnage, I'd be really interested!