Does any one recognize this Rider Waite clone?

truelighth

gregory said:
Want it :(

ETA.... mwahahaha got one :D (well, bought one....)

Thanks for the tip off !

Same here.. got one too. And it arrived today. :D
I have to say it is rather a good clone, compared to some others that I have seen (and bought :D). Meaning the cards really are nice, art is nice.. and yet it is very very close to the RWS. Now.. just one question remains for me.. how am I gonna name this deck? Just Tarot won't do in my database :).

truelighth

Marina said:
It says the author is Edith Waite. I have no idea who Edith Waite is, forgive my ignorance... =/ All this time i thought that some brazilian publisher had decided to redraw all the RWS cards in the computer and make a fancier version of them.

You know, you may actually be right about that Marina. That a brazilian publisher just had it redrawn in the computer to make a fancier version. It sure looks that way. And the name Edith Waite.. well.. maybe they just made a mistake and it should have been Arthur Waite.. or maybe they took a name that was similar to make it sound more authentic...

Anyway, just guessing...

emmsma

truelighth said:
Same here.. got one too. And it arrived today. :D
I have to say it is rather a good clone, compared to some others that I have seen (and bought :D). Meaning the cards really are nice, art is nice.. and yet it is very very close to the RWS. Now.. just one question remains for me.. how am I gonna name this deck? Just Tarot won't do in my database :).

Edith Waite Tarot? :p

magpie9

Brazilian Waite-Smith? Or possibly Jane Doe ?

truelighth

emmsma said:
Edith Waite Tarot? :p

LOL!!!

Well, I kinda like that one. I guess what I was more thinking of how we will refer to this clone in the future as well.. like maybe a universal name we can give it...

emmsma

Well, I think thats what I'll be calling mine, but agree we should all agree on the name. There are quite a few of us, now, who've recently gotten decks.

What say you, people? This deck needs a name!

MysticalMoose

Edith Waite sounds good to me :laugh:

now....WHERE can I get one?????

})

MysticalMoose

Ahh cr*p its overseas.....:mad:

GeorgiePorgie

MysticalMoose said:
Ahh cr*p its overseas.....:mad:
Mine got to me in 11 days MM, so I say go for it.