Who's seen the Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus?

Glitterbird

Le Fanu said:
And your post made me wonder; what if one put one's Ancient Italian in the washing machine? How would it come out? Anyone try it (Not a hot wash)? Might be an interesting technique for ageing.

First it frays the corners nicely, but it does have a tendancy to actually separate the card into layers so one card becomes 2. 1 front, 1 back. Not that this has ever happened to me *cough cough*

minrice

Le Fanu said:
If anyone knows of a pen that would write on the lamination of cards, let me know, I'd love to customise an Ancient Italian with spooky, meaningless & scarey symbols!

Wouldn't a Sharpie work?

I really want to see this movie. RIP Heath Ledger :(

Ashtaroot

I saw it last weekend with my boys !!! They didn't get it and my head hurts
It was deep I felt like my mind was going all over the place ....

That article was great silvercrow it kinda categorize the chaos i felt in my mind
Guess I need to see it again.

strings of life

Thanks to HearthCricket for leading me to this thread!

I'm late to the party, but saw it and absolutely LOVED it. My kind of movie. It was in and out of the theater so fast (sadly) that I missed it when it was out. It was explosive, energetic, romantic, mysterious and trippy.

I was trying to explain the meaning of the cards to my boyfriend when they came up. And I was shocked when I saw a deck used in this capacity, in a film. I didn't know that a deck was featured in it until then! Having familiarity with tarot broadens the meanings when Doctor Parnassus uses them for advice.

If any of you have Netflix streaming online, it's there for free right now :). We connect our media laptop (we have one just for steaming music) to our TV = much better than watching on a small screen. So, if you have Netflix, watch it!

Laura Borealis

I love the Imaginarium too. Though I will see anything by Terry Gilliam (I am one of the very few who think Tideland is his best work), and I'll see anything with Tom Waits in it as well. He was fantastic in Imaginarium. I didn't recognize the exact deck, though -- I don't know my historic decks as well as I should, apparently!

Silverlyn

LOVE this movie and was gonna suggest in the Tarot In Movies Thread about the cards in the movie! :)