Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Mermaids of BabbleOn

Bat Chicken

Mell! :love:
Thank you for this... I have to head out right now, but I promise full feedback tomorrow! :D

Bat Chicken

Mellaenn said:
Here's another birthday reading for a friend:

(Belated) Birthday Reading for Upcoming Year

At a quick glance, this is a happy, happy year. There is joy, there is creativity and there is a sense of mystic wonder.
This is exciting....

Mellaenn said:
When I toss my little flotsam and jetsam items, they make a pattern and the first thing I do is look for the beginning. What draws my attention first is the happy mask leading the way into the future (going off to the right). The caution is that he is upside down and sideways, so a little like a reversal in tarot, he’s telling me that you have the ability to enjoy happiness when you receive it, but you may not always be inclined to do so.
After the week I have had, this is wonderful news! :)
And yes, it is true, I am slow to 'give in' to good things...! :laugh: I must keep that in mind in order to make the most of this year. I had my doubts tested just yesterday, and they were proven unfounded and I let myself enjoy it - so case in point!

Mellaenn said:
Above him is a camel - the ships of the desert! They symbolize patience and endurance, but have long been a symbol of wealth and abundance in mideastern cultures. This is in the highest level of the reading; this is what you are preparing to manifest. Behind him on the top level is my mystic fairy. I love this little fairy; she shows me connectivity to our psychic selves and to the mysteries of life. It’s no coincidence that she, too, is on the top line indicating what the focus of your higher self is.
Makes me think of the camel in the Thoth - the ship across the Abyss. Perhaps that wealth will be a deeper spiritual connection. This is wonderfully promising... I am sure I'll only begin to see it as time goes on! Makes me feel like some of the things I have begun to focus on of late are taking me down the right path. I love that this camel appears during my HP study.

Mellaenn said:
In the middle row, on line with the happy mask, we find a jingle bell - a harbinger of good news - yay! And in the very center of the reading is the little tree of life pendant with the tiger’s eye inset. This is your center. You are very cognizant that you are on The Journey and you have made some conscious decisions as you find your place on the Tree of Life. Go, you...the dividends are about to pay off. Crossing this tree of life is a tiger. I feel strongly that he is there to protect you.
I am making conscious decisions this year and I look forward to see what they bring. The tiger is an interesting character... I think he is a teacher for me too! The tiger on the Tree. There is inspiration there... More good news! I love it... :D

Mellaenn said:
To the left of these we have a little pink dinosaur holding is basketball. He just wants to play, but he can’t; he’s upside down; oh, poor thing! Have you not taken enough time to play like a kid lately? In the far left, the recent past, is a silver heart - one side is encrusted with shiny rhinestones, the other smooth, it is this side that shows because she is upside down. She is your heart, and you have been following her - she balances the happy face in the near future. You can, in fact, safely follow her even more than you do.
LOL! That pink dinosaur has two sides... Makes me think of the Toronto Raptors and my 'velociraptor' side :bugeyed: ! And he is telling me I tend to take things too seriously - so you are so right, I need to 'play' again. I got to do that a little yesterday and began to realize what I was missing.
I have been allowing myself to follow my heart a little more lately, so I look forward to see where that leads me.

Mellaenn said:
The bottom row, your foundation, shows your very creative side. The dragonfly and the butterfly both indicate creativity and transformation. Did I remember you working on a big, new creative project? It certainly shows! And that multi-colored nail to me indicates working creatively with the hands, which I know you to do.
I need to keep painting. I have stalled lately, but, I feel the desire to 'play' more. I had to work so hard the last couple of years and I lost a bit of the fun and burned out. And I feel like things don't flow when I am not making things - so it doesn't surprise me to find that creativity is my foundation. So true!! :D The transformation is intriguing. It's good to see that perhaps it may manifest. The top to bottom thing here - interesting!!

Mellaenn said:
The cautions are mild here - the happy face, heart and “play” dinosaur being upside down remind you to listen to your heart and play more. But you are well-centered and with a creative foundation you can really tap into your intuitive abilities. There is a sense of doing well as long as you stay true to your creative, intuitive nature.
That is the advice to live by, Mell. I will post that last line in my studio, so I don't forget!

Mellaenn said:
Wow, this is a really good reading. You ended up with a lot of my favorite pieces in your toss! I think you have a great year ahead, BC. Of course, I am inclined to want a positive reading for you, but honestly, it did come out like that!
I am so happy - I cannot tell you. I was in need of good news and a way to focus and this wonderful reading highlighted all the things I need to keep in mind to experience that joy. Thank you so much! You have NO IDEA how much this meant to me... (((Mell))) :love:

Mellaenn

Here is a birthday reading for my friend Kimberlee.

When I start doing a Junk Oracle reading, I pay attention first to whatever draws my attention. What grabs me with this reading is the sheer number of “critters” in your reading - three mammals, two insects that represent change and creativity, and one mythological being (phoenix). They are scattered throughout the reading, mostly on the bottom half (foundation). It feels to me that the energy of animals or of being connected to nature in some way is wound into your life in such an integrated way that it is as natural to you as breathing. Or, if you are not connecting with animals now is a good time to do so. I’ll touch on what animals these are and what they mean in a minute.

This is a story I read from left to right. On the left we have a little open book, meant to represent a book about magic or perhaps a grimoire. It’s upside down as though the contents had been perused and the reader now has what she needs to know from the book. It’s as though you had been studying on how to get more magic into your life and/or how to change. A butterfly floats above; he’s right-side up and fully presented - you have had a lot of changes in the upper chakras; particularly at the level of the third eye and crown chakra. Have you been more inclined to meditate or hone your intuitive powers recently?

Interesting to note - there are three references to time in this cast. There is a little clock face, an hour-glass and a little gold tag that says “Live Now”. One lesson that will support you well for now is to live in the here and now. Perhaps there was an event in your life, a loss or an acknowledgement of our mortality, that caused you to focus on this. I love that the “Live Now” tag is in the center of your reading; everything stems from it.

Evidence of recent change - a “sad” mask that is upside down and over the top of it (I moved it to take the photo) is the little image of the phoenix - not just a phoenix, but a two-headed phoenix! These hint that maybe there was some effort at changing an emotional pattern, or at moving past a sadness of some sort, and like the phoenix, rising above it. There may still be a tendancy to go back (two-heads) but by and large the change has been succuessful.

The animals that seem to cavort through the reading include a tiger (independence, confidence, power) a moose (self esteem, the magic of life and death) and a horse (strength and power, both physical and spiritual) show a definite trend at a confident and powerful spirit - you have much guidance for this! They are upside down, as though they are "descending" into your life. They dance onto the dragonfly which is, like the butterfly, a symbol of change and that leads to the three angels holding hands. They show angel and spirit guides who are leading you to the next step. The little gray sign underneath them is a “caution do not enter” sign. But the need for caution is past; that is why it is not face up.

In the center and moving towards the right (the future) is the symbol of Quan Yin. She is the Chinese goddess of mercy and compassion and has an energy very much like the Virgin Mary in Christian belief. I think she is here to lead you to the next phase of your life. Above her is the clock (time) and a ship’s wheel, with a chariot-like meaning of you driving events in your life. Finally, the silver ring is what I use as a symbol of feminine energy.

To put it all together: Kimberlee, I get a sense that you have recently passed through some challenging times (perhaps health or a deep sadness). You were aware that you needed to move through this and you in fact “read the book” of life and did what you needed to do. There is much power and passion in this reading - you have lots of guides, I think, both animal and spirit. You are feeling a real call to make your mark now, and in fact, you have great power animals and Quan Yin who are calling you to stay the course on your life’s journey.

Your caution is to be a little more clear about defining your boundaries because if you don’t, it will only take away from energy that is intended for your life purpose. There are blessing ahead, and more change - but you are strong and have strong allies. Blessings to you for the year ahead!

Attachments

• rsz_img_0146.jpg
    rsz_img_0146.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 64

Kimberlee

Thank you so much for a wonderful, incredibly accurate birthday reading! Lots of 'yes!' and 'right on!' as I was reading it over. :D

Mellaenn said:
Here is a birthday reading for my friend Kimberlee.

When I start doing a Junk Oracle reading, I pay attention first to whatever draws my attention. What grabs me with this reading is the sheer number of “critters” in your reading - three mammals, two insects that represent change and creativity, and one mythological being (phoenix). They are scattered throughout the reading, mostly on the bottom half (foundation). It feels to me that the energy of animals or of being connected to nature in some way is wound into your life in such an integrated way that it is as natural to you as breathing. Or, if you are not connecting with animals now is a good time to do so. I’ll touch on what animals these are and what they mean in a minute.

I love animals! And I have been trying to incorporate more of their energies, through my study of the Druidcraft and the partner Animal and Plant oracles. While I have my own connection to certain animals, I've also been thinking about actively seeking my animal guides, but I'm not yet sure where to start.

Mellaenn said:
This is a story I read from left to right. On the left we have a little open book, meant to represent a book about magic or perhaps a grimoire. It’s upside down as though the contents had been perused and the reader now has what she needs to know from the book. It’s as though you had been studying on how to get more magic into your life and/or how to change. A butterfly floats above; he’s right-side up and fully presented - you have had a lot of changes in the upper chakras; particularly at the level of the third eye and crown chakra. Have you been more inclined to meditate or hone your intuitive powers recently?

Yes! Besides tarot and animals, I've been considering studying druid beliefs, crystals, chakras, and maybe a bit of shamanism. I have so many ideas, I don't know where to begin! I know I have all the tools to do so, I just need a game plan, LOL!

Mellaenn said:
Interesting to note - there are three references to time in this cast. There is a little clock face, an hour-glass and a little gold tag that says “Live Now”. One lesson that will support you well for now is to live in the here and now. Perhaps there was an event in your life, a loss or an acknowledgement of our mortality, that caused you to focus on this. I love that the “Live Now” tag is in the center of your reading; everything stems from it.

My primary focus lately has been living in the now. I have had a lot of past issues to work through, and I think I'm finally at a point where I can let go of them and move forward in my life. Take your pick on which issues though! :laugh: Divorce, job issues, all sorts of things.

Mellaenn said:
Evidence of recent change - a “sad” mask that is upside down and over the top of it (I moved it to take the photo) is the little image of the phoenix - not just a phoenix, but a two-headed phoenix! These hint that maybe there was some effort at changing an emotional pattern, or at moving past a sadness of some sort, and like the phoenix, rising above it. There may still be a tendancy to go back (two-heads) but by and large the change has been succuessful.

Agreed. Just when I think I've dealt with everything from the past, my mind loops back and dredges everything back up to the surface! But each day is better than the one before it, and I can tell I'm making progress.

Mellaenn said:
The animals that seem to cavort through the reading include a tiger (independence, confidence, power) a moose (self esteem, the magic of life and death) and a horse (strength and power, both physical and spiritual) show a definite trend at a confident and powerful spirit - you have much guidance for this! They are upside down, as though they are "descending" into your life. They dance onto the dragonfly which is, like the butterfly, a symbol of change and that leads to the three angels holding hands. They show angel and spirit guides who are leading you to the next step. The little gray sign underneath them is a “caution do not enter” sign. But the need for caution is past; that is why it is not face up.

Very interesting animals here! I love big cats (specifically panthers) and dragonflies literally appear in my life when I'm heading in the right direction! I never considered moose and horses before, so I will be on the lookout for their influence. My three angels could just as easily be my man and my two daughters, they are so loving and supportive of everything I do! :D I agree, I need to be a bit less cautious, and go for it! With so much amazing energy, I can't go wrong. ;)

Mellaenn said:
In the center and moving towards the right (the future) is the symbol of Quan Yin. She is the Chinese goddess of mercy and compassion and has an energy very much like the Virgin Mary in Christian belief. I think she is here to lead you to the next phase of your life. Above her is the clock (time) and a ship’s wheel, with a chariot-like meaning of you driving events in your life. Finally, the silver ring is what I use as a symbol of feminine energy.

The future does sound like very confident yet healing feminine energy. :) I could use that!

Mellaenn said:
To put it all together: Kimberlee, I get a sense that you have recently passed through some challenging times (perhaps health or a deep sadness). You were aware that you needed to move through this and you in fact “read the book” of life and did what you needed to do. There is much power and passion in this reading - you have lots of guides, I think, both animal and spirit. You are feeling a real call to make your mark now, and in fact, you have great power animals and Quan Yin who are calling you to stay the course on your life’s journey.

Right on! :D The past has been rather hard on me, but I think I've finally incorporated those lessons, and am ready to go after my future.

Mellaenn said:
Your caution is to be a little more clear about defining your boundaries because if you don’t, it will only take away from energy that is intended for your life purpose. There are blessing ahead, and more change - but you are strong and have strong allies. Blessings to you for the year ahead!

Defining boundaries is definitely a weak point! But I think I know how to go about it. ;)

Thank you so much! Amazing reading. :D What a great birthday gift!

~Kimberlee

Mellaenn

Well, here I go again, using this thread for my own little devices; I do hope no one minds! This time we have a Birthday Junk Oracle Reading for kaleanna.

I begin the reading by looking for trends. There are many objects that represent transformation and creativity - indeed, that is the title of my oracle, the Oracle of Transformation - but so many of them are upside down or face down - it is like the energy of the changes for you are being stalled.

First I start the reading at the bottom left - there is a key with a little heart-shaped head to it. This shows that you’ve learned already that love is the key to life, and that is a foundation lesson for you. Above that, a butterfly - in fact, you have two butterflies in your reading, another on the far right. You are going through a transformation right now. It may even feel a bit uncomfortable. But the ship’s wheel above that indicates that it connected to your path in life and how you will “drive” to where you want to go. So go with the flow!

Next let’s look in the very center - I see my little pink dinosaur with his basketball. He is not face down, but he is sideways, going towards the future. I see this as your role as a mom; you play with your children and the play helps them grow to the future beings that they are becoming. This is the center of your world right now. In fact, above him are the three little angels - they remind of children. I forgot how many kids you have - but these are their angels looking out for them and for you.

Now the next two objects are really interesting. My mystic fairy carries a tiny crystal globe but she is upside down so you can’t see it. It feels as though there is something obscuring your ability to be in touch with your intuition. Because she is my “psychic” fairy - when she appears, there is some indication of a person with some psychic gifts. Maybe it’s a message for you to focus on developing your skills! Also in this line-up is a little gold tag that is face-down. If we turned it over it would say “Live now”! That’s a message in itself - time to focus on living in the now. Although I must say, with your busy life, I thought you already were doing that. Still, maybe you are putting something on hold?

Then there is a feather. Somehow I feel this might be an offering from a spirit guide or power animal - even a guardian angel. I have heard that when we find a feather, it’s a message from our guardian angel. No matter what the being - there is great love for you here. Above the feather a coin coveed with a lapel pin from the Museum of Modern Art in New York. The MoMA pin represents artistic ability. Seems like this ability may be a key to the whole thing, and eventually, a way to earn some money! I know you are very involved with crafts now, but I think your gift is way beyond that. If you paint or sketch, write music, whatever it is - time to really shine! Also face down over the pin and the coin is another emblem of change - a little phoenix. You are really trying to get the energy of change going, girl! Finally, at the top, the dragonfly, which represents both creativity and intuition.

Kaleanna, I get a strong feeling that your path is very artistic and intuitive. You do find outlets for these now doing your crafts while you are raising your children, but soon it will be time to really call on these natural gifts and use them to the best of your ability. I have a very strong sense of “almost there” for all of this creative energy, and don’t panic, perhaps that is the way it should be for now. But soon...and since this is a reading for your personal new year, I’d advise to get started this year! Look to see what blocks you and go from there. Should be an interesting year!

Attachments

• rsz_img_0147.jpg
    rsz_img_0147.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 63

kaleanna

Thank you so much Mell.

I am trying to organize my thoughts as your reading has me doing lots of thinking.

I did want to say that it is a wonderful reading and that I will do feedback as soon as I get my thoughts organized on it.

(((((((((Mell))))))))))