DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

Padma

it will be interesting to read your results/thoughts on the matter, Danieljuk! :)

Amanda

I just wanted to make a note here about the Astral House spreads that I think I've discovered.

These cards are still a lot more difficult than any other I've tried to learn.
BUT for the Astral House spreads, I think I've discovered that the central card (the middle card in the row of 3) seems to show something like a "Central Theme", and then the card on the very bottom right seems to show something like an "Outcome" to everything in the spread. The trick is still figuring out when/where to jump around in the spread to connect the rest of the cards I think. Obviously, you can read them in their respective rows, but it doesn't always seem to work out that way for me... so I'm still a little muddled in trying to figure out which card goes with which.

Padma

I got that feeling as well, Amanda - my eyes would always be drawn to that middle card immediately - like it is the essential key to unlocking the rest.

But I also find them so ambiguous - and secretive; they almost kinda gloat (if cardboard could gloat).

I also get this weird feeling when I draw for others - and I never get this with my other systems of reading - that they are also reading for you at the same time - that what you are predicting for others is likely to happen, shadow-fashion, to you. :confused: They're really - odd.

DownUnderNZer

Although the "Astral Houses" seem interesting...I dont think it is on to it if someone is asking something under those categories, and I do believe you can ask questions using the Astral House, only to find out that it might be on anothers love life, or another persons marriage, or another persons career etc.

If someone wants to know if her/his marriage is salvageable the last thing s/he is gonna want to hear is that Joe Blog down the road is going to meet the woman or man of his dreams soon.

That would be rather frustrating and what some people dont like...when it is all about who is around you rather than you or what you really want to know.

That is how I see it so far for the Astral Houses.... :)

Amanda

I got that feeling as well, Amanda - my eyes would always be drawn to that middle card immediately - like it is the essential key to unlocking the rest.

But I also find them so ambiguous - and secretive; they almost kinda gloat (if cardboard could gloat).

I also get this weird feeling when I draw for others - and I never get this with my other systems of reading - that they are also reading for you at the same time - that what you are predicting for others is likely to happen, shadow-fashion, to you. :confused: They're really - odd.

Yeah, you know... I think I read these cards better for myself... at least for the Astral House spreads. Can't really do weekly draws or fewer cards for myself or the larger yearly spread. But I did try asking a series of questions about a job interview I had gone to, and by trying to form sentences out of the words that appear on the cards (I drew 4 to answer each question I think), I actually got some decent answers that allowed me to get inside the guy's head a little more.

Amanda

Although the "Astral Houses" seem interesting...I dont think it is on to it if someone is asking something under those categories, and I do believe you can ask questions using the Astral House, only to find out that it might be on anothers love life, or another persons marriage, or another persons career etc.

If someone wants to know if her/his marriage is salvageable the last thing s/he is gonna want to hear is that Joe Blog down the road is going to meet the woman or man of his dreams soon.

That would be rather frustrating and what some people dont like...when it is all about who is around you rather than you or what you really want to know.

That is how I see it so far for the Astral Houses.... :)

It might just take a lot more practice... 180 cards or so is a lot to try to get a feel for. There are SO many different combinations that could come up that could color what an individual card might mean. I feel like I'm swimming in a vast ocean with these cards, occasionally grasping site of something on the horizon, but not totally able to make out what it is. :D

DownUnderNZer

Another way to look at the RABBIT...

Noticed this has come up when I have had a problem in that area. eg Heavy cycle.

And again just now with a U T I. (Friend)

And although it isnt sexual in nature it is connected to that region of the body as in reproductive organs or lower region plus with a UTI it would affect ones sex life...as in no no nee no no. .:)

danieljuk

that makes a lot of sense about Rabbit! I think there is more to it than just too much time thinking about sex, will look out for that

strangebrew

yes i agree with that guys ~ the descriptions on the cards can be very ambiguous and its often a good thing to use the intuition to expand the meanings maybe.

Padma

My problem with these is that for whatever reason, my intuition refused to flow with them...? I get a very good flow using other systems as prompts (Tarot, Lenormand, etc) but these I just find - limiting...? Or inconsistent - some days they would work really well, other days, not so much!