types of crystal balls

PrincessPaulina

Interesting you said that.:grin:

The reason I started this thread was to see which kinds of balls people prefer. Between clear ones & the cloudy veined ones. And between the real vs synthetic ones (& sizes)

Although all my balls do read well enough for me, last night I tried my first real quartz Crystal balI for The first time. It immediatety become my favorite. I always heard it was the easiest to read with but I DID feel more energy from it. I saw more clearly in it. Clearer & more colour.

And I feel pretty sure now that I do prefer the occluded/veiled ones to the clear ones.

They do all work but I did find that The quartz crystal one works best so far.

Although today I tried my citrine ball for the first time. And it felt hard to connect to.

Babs

Yes, thinking about this thread has really made me consider the different kinds of scrying, and the various ways of receiving messages!

For me, the perfect man-made orbs seem gorgeous, aesthetically! They remind me of Italian Murano glass, which can be quite pricey! I used to have a perfect ball-shaped ring of Murano glass -- who's to say that I couldn't have used that ring for scrying, by gazing off the surface of the glass? (Wish I'd known of scrying then, especially since the glass ball was often on my hand, and I could have practiced literally anywhere!) Almost any glassy or patterned surface, it seems, could conceivably be used for "gazing"! A beautiful, perfect glass ball -- I could get lost in it!

Of course, crystals can be used for surface gazing, too -- it is wonderful that you're seeing colors in yours! :) -- I am having a more challenging time learning to surface gaze with my quartz crystal ball, but that is probably because I'm used to relating to crystals in a different way. I played around with crystals for a long time before I became aware of scrying! Meditating with crystals, making lay-outs, getting a feel for their vibration, their mood and message. After collecting crystals & gems for a while, I noticed that I could tell, in my mind's eye, when their energy seemed "murky" and they needed a Cleanse or Recharge (or in some cases, Retirement). This is another type of scrying, I now realize, which I'm not sure could exist with glass, or other non-stone surfaces -- the sense of inner knowing, becoming suddenly enlightened, aware of a truth or Insight, which comes from working with natural crystals/stones.

The 1st time I sat down with my quartz crystal ball in my lap, closed my eyes, and asked what I needed to know about scrying with it, I got 3 insights (I'm in no way suggesting that these relate to anyone else's path with scrying / relationship to their crystal balls, stones, or other tools):
1. The quartz crystal ball can be used for different types of divination --crystals are good conduits of energy and information, which is basically the purpose of divination -- getting a message, which may not be visual, but also an inner seeing or awareness.
2. Information can travel back & forth. In other words, I can use my crystal ball to send or amplify out-going messages, such as asking the universe for help or guidance; or during prayer/visualization.
3. I can also use my clear quartz crystal ball for healing/energy work. Just holding it over the Chakras balances them. It can also be used to amplify Chi/healing energy when working on others, or doing crystal grids and layouts.

All that being said, I'd still like to one day buy a perfect glass ball, so I can perfect my "surface gazing"! :) There are just so many tools and techniques for tapping into different aspects of the Divine..

SunChariot

Maybe that's true. I have only used my crystal balls for Scrying. But if you use them for other purposes first for a long time, it would be harder to get used to using them in other ways.

I am sure you could scry with your murano glass ball too. I believe that we can scry in any ball, and likely in any shiny surface. But some may work more easily for us than others.

Right now, I am learning as I go what works for me. I, for me, anyway it's maybe not as much if it is real or articial, as to how well it works. I sometimes see things in my bedroom window late at night. Sometimes without consciously trying, I just relax my eyes and daydream and then I notice I am seeing something.

But if it s a clear back or one with the cracks and shapes and cloudiness inside plays a big role.

As the clear ones are a completely clear line or vision....a blank like a movie screen before the movie starts. There is nothing there to form an idea. Just blank. But.....I do see myself reflected in it, and that takes concentration to take the focus away from that,.

While the others have different shapes and images and ideas to jog your mind. A kaleidoscope of different shapes and potential meanings as you turn it before you. It's like whole world unto itself. Shapes are there but you still need your intuition to tell you what they represent. And you don't see yourself reflected much, which is a plus for me.

I am sure I will always use all kinds of balls for Scrying for variety. But I find, right now at least, the clear ones are a bit harder to use, but at the same time more fascinating. As they ARE a blank screen and completely open almost anything can happen. Pure complete open potential.

But then, as you said, they say the quartz crystal balls are the easiest to read with. And it does seem to be the case for the two of us. So maybe there IS something in that, maybe....

Not sure though what you mean by surface gazing. I only learnt one method of Scrying, and I just call it Scrying. Maybe what I do is the same thing you are talking about.

I guess I always saw colour, but only different coloured clouds of energy. In my blue ball I tend to see usually bright purple, or sometimes green energy. In my new citrine one it tends to be bright orange.

But the images themselves don't tend to have colours up until the quartz crystal ball. The ball itself is clear but I did see one image in pink, one in yellow and one in colour. The ball does have a slight bit of rainbowing too it, that may be why.

Babs

PrincessPaulina

What I meant by "surface gazing" is the traditional concept of scrying, where you soften/relax your eyes and let your vision sort of slide over the surface (rather than staring into the ball), picking up a visual image based on the object's physical appearance; versus forming an image in the mind's eye based on the object's "vibes" (like in psychometry, which someone else mentioned -- where you may not need to "look" at the object at all, just hold it, but may still get a mental image).

I really like your (quite poetic!) descriptions of scrying with a clear ball -- how limitless it sounds!
Incidentally, I'm curious how you and others avoid the reflection issue? I find reflections can be so distracting that I don't practice with the ball after dark --often the best time -- because I see reflections from lamps in every room!

Sunchariot, I am not sure what your relationship is with crystals; you may already have some rituals that you do with your balls, crystals, or tools... For me, when I start working with a new crystal, its almost like I must first get acquainted and "unlock" it. You mentioned struggling a bit with your Citrine ball; have you tried any meditation or dedication rituals?
Citrine was my 1st love among crystals -- the first stone I really "got"!
I don't have a Citrine ball, but it is such a vibrantly joyful crystal that I would imagine it "specializes" in very positive messages! And that's the thing about crystals: they tend to project a kind of "personality imprint". So if we compare scrying to reading (or watching!) the news, a clear quartz ball would probably be the most objective hard news story, while the Citrine would perhaps give a more optimistic twist, or even be the comic strip! You may want to ask the Citrine ball if it specializes in any kind of readings :)

SunChariot

Oh, LOL I am so new to Scrying that I don't know the terminology yet. LOL That is what I do then, surface gazing! :grin:

Although I guess I do both at times. With clear ball, with no veils of occlusions I am definitely doing surface gazing then, But WITH the balls that have shapes inside them I am focusing on the shapes inside and seeing that they turn into for me. If you know what I mean, But since they shapes are inside the ball, in that sense I would be looking inside of it to see them.

I don't do that, form an image from the objects vibes. I don't believe I have the capacity to do that, maybe one day I will but not at all now. I am not that psychic in that sense to sense the vibes of something that clearly. Not on a conscious level at all anyway.

The reflections take some getting used to. Since I scry lying down, I tend to put a white cloth under the ball (on my chest). Maybe a darker colour might work better, haven't tried that yet. It is a matter of how strong the lighting is and where it's located in the room. Of course certain types of lighting create more reflection. You kindof have to play around with it,.

I was told that dark coloured crystal balls reflect less, which is why my first is dark blue, but I am not sure that is true.

Anyway, in my opinion, dealing with the reflections is a matter of self-discipline. Imo, Step one is about finding a spot in the ball where you are not seeing your face. (LOL) looking at my face is way too distracting.

Then about finding a spot in the ball that feels right with a wide enough expanse of one shape or colour and looking there (looking at, just only that space) and then letting your eyes "diffuse", relax, unfocus, until you are no longer seeing that space per se, but seeing beyond it into the place that sends us the messages and answers. Often, for me, that space can be near the top of the bottom, sometimes if there is a broad enough solid shape in the center that could would too. But I need an uninterrupted shape that can form like a movie screen. Then I can let go and go into it.

For me personally, I don't have any crystals that are not my crystal balls. So I don't personally use them for anything but Scrying.

I definitely have my ritual before I scry. Mainly meditative as I need to turn off my thoughts to effectively scry.

Mainly, I meditate for a while. Then I take in 3 slow deep breaths (belly breathing if you know what that is). Then I take 3 more deep breaths, imagining I am breathing through my meditation center (ask me if you don't know what I mean), then 3 more through the top of my head, and then 3 more through my third eye.

Then I imagine golden cords coming from my body down into the earth (the grounding part). Then I rub my hands together quickly 40 times, until they feel warm. And then take the ball in my hands, feel the vibration between us and then start.

That is my little ritual I do before Scrying. :grin:

I found the citrine ball harder than the quartz one, mainly because its surface was more reflective and I also am starting to find that it is easier to scry with balls that are less reflective. Plus the quartz ball has the shapes in it, which can be easier.

I didn't see it so much as an energy problem, just an issue with the appearance of the two. Some are easier to read because of their physical appearance. I am sure I can use them all, but the citrine one was harder. I didn't see it as a vibrational or energy issue, jut that it was more reflective than I imagined or hoped.

I am way not yet at the place of figuring which of my crystal balls will read best for me on which issues. I almost hope I never do. I just like to go where the wind takes me and just feel which one is right for each reading. But I am sure they will all work for me in their own way.

I am not one to delve too deeply into their meanings. I do tend to look up the meaning of a crystal, like citrine, before I would buy a ball made of it. To make sure it was an energy I wanted to work with. And then forget it as much as I can. LOL

It's, for me, not the kind of thing I want to focus on, I am mainly about the intuition. And sensing which tool will work best in a reading. If I knew in the back of my mind which would be good for what, I might make the choice with my mind. And divination to me is about intuition. TO me divination, and yes of course if is different things to each reader, but to me it's about closing off my mind and trusting and following my heart and soul and intuition.

That's me anyway. I don't like to know too much about how things work, but to just have good tools around me and to follow my heart and soul where they lead me with those tools. :grin:

Babs