God??

Chiska

Moderator Note

The original question:

Who/what do you see as God? For you is it mother nature? or the christian god of the bible? or some other kind of higher being?

Let's head back that way, please. While interesting to discuss how one might hear god, or not, it really isn't on topic and getting more about posting videos,etc., than real discussion.

If anyone would like to start a topic about the sounds of god, then please do. I would be happy to move the appropriate posts over.

ravenest

I think God would probably play a Moog Modular. :cool3:

IN the beginning was the word ... and the word was sound ... but lets move on a bit ... lets call it 'vibration' (or a minute vibrating 'string' or 'loop') ... and the result is what we, eventually, 'see' ( i.e. energy vibrations).

'God', IMO is any process along that chain of events or manifestation. So, okay, leaving out sound, we are still left with 'vibration' or 'movement' ... specifically 'occilating movement'. Such a machine as depicted above might hold an analogy ?

But it's 'keyboard' might look more like this;

http://hermetic.com/enochia/images/pt11-fig3.gif

or this

http://www.ordoastri.org/magick/isis_tablet/files/stacks_image_49.png

or the Kabbalistic Tree of Life , or an astrological system .... for some; written words / books.

Me, I prefer the symbols and maps, not so much the religious claims .... it is interesting when certain maps (like the genetic code, theories in quantum physics and Kabbalah) begin to correlate .

God .... you cant see God ... but you can see the footprints.

Ethics and morality / mores and taboos are our own and come from feedback loops between the personna / environment and transpersonal energies in the Superego / culture .... but 'God' might have 'implanted' that in the original 'chord' ;)

2dogs

God .... you cant see God ... but you can see the footprints.

Ethics and morality / mores and taboos are our own

Yes, it's the big picture of creativity and cosmic evolution that interests me, hence the link to an instrument made of many electronic components able to be connected together in different ways.

Ethics seems to be a much more limited set of ideas of what humans think is best for humans, generally with regard to increasing their numbers. There appears to be little concern with the rest of the Universe - as if "God" had no interest in all those galaxies, planets, animals, trees, rocks etc. I might have believed this if photos of the far side of the Moon showed that "God" hadn't bothered to finish it off. ;)

Zephyros

I suppose that's because we can only conceive of the infinite in local terms. The distances between galaxies are so big as to be meaningless here on Earth. I wonder if the furor over science among religious fundamentalists isn't actually diminishing the God-idea, making It smaller. After all, the discovery of the infinity of the universe didn't prove the absence of a Grand Plan, only that it is slightly more convoluted than previously thought.