Alcohol to Drown Out Vibration

CosmicBeing

Ok, I'm actually very empathic & I can say that binge drinking makes negative energy attachment WORSE. Instead of drowning out other people you're making yourself vulnerable to all their gunk. Then you'll REALLY feel it the next day.

I think that tendency for empaths to binge at big events could be just them being influenced by everyone else around them. They are empaths so...

There was a time when I'd drink a lot. Not anymore though. It just doesn't help anything, for me. I'm past that age...

Now I drink from time to time, but only in a setting that I find safe, and never binge. I'm lucky enough to know when to stop. In situations when I'm around heavy drinkers I'd just nurse a glass of whiskey for a long time, like Julian from Trailer Park Boys 😂

In spiritual views it is sometimes seen as lowing your energy frequency and this allows for low energy to attach just as unhealthy spirit attachments.

yannie

In spiritual views it is sometimes seen as lowing your energy frequency and this allows for low energy to attach just as unhealthy spirit attachments.

Yes! The spiritual practice I follow says this too. That's why we are encouraged to abstain from alcohol. I tend to keep quiet about my practice though...

CosmicBeing

Yes! The spiritual practice I follow says this too. That's why we are encouraged to abstain from alcohol. I tend to keep quiet about my practice though...

My grandma, use to speak of such things. I figure other spiritual practices probably have similar statements (not sure of your spiritual practice.)

I keep hush hush about spiritual practices my grandma and family taught me. I think most spiritual practices elude to silence/privacy.

MissNine

I concur.

Alcohol is a depressant. It can loosen inhibitions and cause impaired judgement. Not a good mix if the goal is to shut out energy or messages. Your radar that usually detects lower energies pretty easily might not be working as well while inebriated.

JadePixie

I'm a bit of an empath shut-in, easily drained by others. That aside I do enjoy a drink when I do go out with friends.

I'm kind of curious as to how many people are empaths as a result of a traumatic childhood *ponders*

ana luisa

As someone who simply cannot drink (it depresses me so badly I start bawling out ) I usually deal with the overload of spiritual gunk by doing breathing exercises, taking a shower and rinsing with salty water (from the neck down), listening to certain types of music and baking. It sounds silly but these do help a lot.

JuniperPress

Short answer is yes and I also agree with the lower energy attachment statement that was made. You need to learn to shield better. When I first got to this forum all the energies I noticed I was like 'holy crap - do I really want to be here?' LOL Once I got my bearings I settled in okay I think:)

Curious as to whether any of you are members of empath forums as well? At least one that I know of is bad news but I do belong to a couple others.

Padma

I enjoy some wine in the evenings, and I find it gives me a different point of view on readings or situations. In vino veritas. However, I don't get drunk, I don't binge drink and I don't read much in the evenings. Usually only for myself - others get the daytime readings.

I don't feel that I have evil spirits attached to me, and I don't find (nor do others around me!) that I am made weaker by it, nor have a low vibration.

I tend to minimize my drinking in crowded venues, but that is because I feel I need to keep my senses sharp for survival reasons.

I do find that being drunk in a crowd makes vibrations worse, as though you can pick up on everyone's thoughts! :p It doesn't drown anything out - it makes it sharper (for me). Your mileage may vary!

ETA I tend to avoid crowded venues.

JuniperPress

I think the difference in vibrations is maybe due to using alcohol as a crutch vs. an evening drink or two to relax. I do believe though that alcohol muddies the psychic 'flow' of information, but so does nicotine and any other drug. There have been recent studies that show Tylenol (acetominophen) lowers empathy dramatically.

Apollonia

Wondering if any empaths use alcohol/binge drink at big events to drown out or deflect the energy of all the other people.
Not me. All alcohol does is lower one's vibration, which makes it so much easier for others' energies to intrude. Plus it sends out the "I'm drunk and available" signal that attracts low vibrational entities who want to attach to a human who likes to drink.

When I know I'm going to be in a crowd, I wear protective crystals, avoid alcohol, and set an intention not to reach out empathically to those around me. I just got back from a trip to New York City and even though I'm highly empathic, I had no trouble whatsoever from other people's energies, even in crowded areas like Grand Central Station at rush hour, the ticket lines in Times Square, and an after-theater restaurant that was packed shoulder to shoulder with people waiting for tables.