Alcohol to Drown Out Vibration

GotH

<walks in with 2 bottles of my best Cabernet and several long stemmed glasses>

Settle down everyone. :love:

yannie

<walks in with 2 bottles of my best Cabernet and several long stemmed glasses>

Settle down everyone. :love:

Awww *takes a glass & air kisses GotH* thank you dear.

CosmicBeing

bluelagune

Again, you are mistaken. Your logic is flawed. Nevermind.

I will give you an example of an empath:
You walk into a store happy doing groceries. Bought you favourite stuff and planning a sexy dinner with your lover. Happy. You pass a lady in the alley. Just one look. Few minutes later you are depressed, you start crying for a cat that you lost 20 years ago. Your pain is so raw you cant breath, this cat was like a child to you. You go home few hours later you have a choice to wash it down with alcohol because you are so cripled by pain you can't function. So you drink.... however if someone taught you to back track and do a recall, you would recognize that the woman in the alley lost her child at child birth only few days ago. This is a body of an empath. Unfortunate reality where every second of the day you have to control.

bluelagune

Just putting this out there... Empathy is part of emotional intelligence...Empath is a word for a psychic ability.

Empathy and Empath are not the same thing but they can overlap.

This s my understanding. All humans should be capable of empathy. But, Empathy is not being an empath.

https://www.californiapsychics.com/blog/mind-body-spirit/empathy-vs-empath.html

http://thehappysensitive.com/being-empathic-versus-being-empath-crucial-differences/

**This is just my understanding***

Yes I understand. That's what I was thinking yannie might have some psychic ability. Empathy is compassion and compassion is a response. Not a controled but automatic. If you consider empaths to be psychics .... I don't know. I'm not psychic, I can't read other people's feelings aND thoughts like yannie or Goth 😆

EmpressArwen

I'm an empath (or at least my understanding of the term). I can feel other's emotions as my own. It can be a very difficult thing to learn to separate yourself (your own true feelings) from others...plus I'm terrible at shielding.

That being said, drinking never helped. It just made me less aware of what were my own emotions and what were others. The lines would be completely blurred and while drinking I'm completely useless at shielding. I hardly drink at all anymore (not necessarily because of this issue but more because the older I get the worse my hangovers are...even after just a glass or two of wine). I wouldn't recommend using alcohol as a coping mechanism for anything...using could easily become abusing.

***but....GotH's wine doesn't cause hangovers so....don't mind if I do! Cheers!**

JuniperPress

Not all humans are. Sociopaths and psychopaths are not at all. Totally different brain chemistry.

Bluelagune you have a very narrow mindset of an empath. Not all empaths are as ungrounded and unshielded as that. I used to be much like that. It takes learning. It takes work. If that is your life I suggest you learn and work at it. It sure beats wallowing in that misery. I don't mean to sound harsh. I had 2 years of my life where I couldn't leave my house as my empathy became physical and I would come home with actual physical pains that weren't mine. Good times they were not. I'm still not some master empath or anything, I happily drown out my empathy with prescribed pharmaceuticals. If I knew how to deal with it totally, I probably wouldn't need them. A lot of empaths wear headphones a lot to block. You can learn to control what you accept as your as what you don't.

yannie

I will give you an example of an empath:
You walk into a store happy doing groceries. Bought you favourite stuff and planning a sexy dinner with your lover. Happy. You pass a lady in the alley. Just one look. Few minutes later you are depressed, you start crying for a cat that you lost 20 years ago. Your pain is so raw you cant breath, this cat was like a child to you. You go home few hours later you have a choice to wash it down with alcohol because you are so cripled by pain you can't function. So you drink.... however if someone taught you to back track and do a recall, you would recognize that the woman in the alley lost her child at child birth only few days ago. This is a body of an empath. Unfortunate reality where every second of the day you have to control.

This is an example of an empath who does not have their sh*t together 😁

To empaths still struggling in this stage, I jest, I jest!

But yeah blu I reiterate what JP said of your example. Empaths do not have to stay that miserable forever. I found a spiritual practice that has helped me A LOT. & yes, my music is almost constantly on.

bluelagune

I think we are talking about two different things. I'm gona leave this at that.

G6 my suggestions still stands 😁