My first Scrying Ball!

celticnoodle

I agree with Padma, and I can also see a ballarina in the 2nd pic. I also see to the side--a top hat, as if it is tossed to the side. The 3rd and 4th pic I can see an eye--so I think this ball will be very powerful to read with!

Interesting, because last night I looked at these pics after you posted them and I saw a face in one of the pictures--a face of a person. I don't recall which one it was now that I saw it in, and now looking at them again--I can't see that face anymore!

I also like the name, Andromeda. :) Keep us posted on this lovely ball and what you name it and how it works for you as you begin to scry in it.

Also, yes, minotaur brought up a good point about keeping it out of direct sunlight. GotH even had a very interesting experience with her Frankie (I think it was?) out in the sun. They can indeed cause fires--so you have to be very careful with where you place it for any length of time--if you're not going to e right there with it.

JustJazzie

@Padma.. I did! I think I may have asked you that question about whether it might affect the crystal in some way? I took some gorgeous pics of it on the light but never did it again. I think it's just something we need to ask ourselves as to whether we feel right about doing it or not. The fact that I even asked the question made me think that maybe my ball preferred natural light. Again, another one of those preference things.. ;)

And as for naming balls. I agree with Padma, it will tell you. My balls have all named themselves. The other day I was playing with my obsidian when a large bear formed in the shadows on the ball. I had forgotten the ball wanted to be called Bear. Needless to say I've done lots of protection work with that ball so the name is very suiting- Think of a protective mother bear with her cubs. :)

I began calling my rutilated quartz Frankie after I received him around Halloween several years back. When I asked what I should call it, a picture of Frankenstein's Monster appeared. That's when I kind of figured out he would be good for more of darker type readings.

It's very interesting how your spheres will become their own story tellers in the subjects they want to "talk" about. Like my first ball, Witches Desert, tells stories about far away, secret places and other worlds, while my Misty Princess tells me about people. I truly believe that all crystals have a purpose and guidance work for us. :)

Crystals hold SO much information of the universe that if we can just relax, look and listen, it has the potential to show us more than we thought possible. I really hope you come back and share some of your scrying stories with us some time. I'm sure we'd all love to hear about what you see.

G
What fun names for all your spheres! I will definitely be making time for my scrying skills soon! I love that they all seem to have a personality. (Reminds me of my tarot decks, which I don't name)
Keep them out of direct sunlight...the fire risk is very real...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...er-crystal-balls-causing-house-fire-risk.html

I also recommend the book "Crystal Ball Gazing" by Uma Sibley. While I do not in any way present myself as an expert I did read a few books on gazing and got the most (by far) from Uma Sibley's book. Many of the books just list what something means and it seems they mostly just copy each other.

Along those lines let me suggest that the next time you get an image don't look it up to see what someone else thinks it means. Use your intuition to determine what you feel it means. Try asking yourself, "what would ___ mean if I did know"? Then just be quiet and see what happens.

That ball you have is simply wonderful for gazing. Great patterns.

I was working with my ball a couple days ago. After some time with it I usually get the mist and when it clears (and sometimes before) I get images. However this time it knocked me over. The image was powerful and clear, so much I was stunned. It actually took a few minutes to get myself balanced again and then I saw what had happened.

Because of the light and the angles my crystal skull which is on the shelf next to the ball had its image reflected into the ball. That caused a very strong, but ghostly image to appear.

Another thing I have done to get the images going is use a visualization I was already familiar with. I have one I use I learned from a spiritualist minister a long time ago, one that can be used without a ball. I won't go into it except to say any visualization method you use, projected into the ball, might help you.

Everyone is different and every ball is different. You will find your own method and the more you do it the easier it becomes. It took me a while to get the mist but now it comes effortlessly.

Congratulations on finding beauty.
I went ahead and ordered this book last night! I can't wait to get it in an start reading it! I tried reading another book that was available on hoopla, and I was a little dismayed to learn that your crystal ball should have its very own room, with nothing else inside except a table for it to sit on and a chair for you. Oh, and at most, a small drawer to hold stationary for writing. My goodness! LOL

Im glad to hear about your method. I am pretty good at visualizing, so I will give that a go next time.

I agree with Padma, and I can also see a ballarina in the 2nd pic. I also see to the side--a top hat, as if it is tossed to the side. The 3rd and 4th pic I can see an eye--so I think this ball will be very powerful to read with!

Interesting, because last night I looked at these pics after you posted them and I saw a face in one of the pictures--a face of a person. I don't recall which one it was now that I saw it in, and now looking at them again--I can't see that face anymore!

I also like the name, Andromeda. :) Keep us posted on this lovely ball and what you name it and how it works for you as you begin to scry in it.

Also, yes, minotaur brought up a good point about keeping it out of direct sunlight. GotH even had a very interesting experience with her Frankie (I think it was?) out in the sun. They can indeed cause fires--so you have to be very careful with where you place it for any length of time--if you're not going to e right there with it.
My room gets no direct sunlight at all. The only light is from the french doors which don't even get a beam of evening sun, so luckily I don't have to worry about fires a bit!

I tried scrying for the first time yesterday. I've been really trying to find out my life purpose, so that is what I asked. I got an angel wing, then I heard some crazy thunder and rain start out of nowhere, and I had to go let the dogs inside, and I wasn't able to get back to it.

celticnoodle

Well, I would take the angel wings as a promising good thing! :) Maybe when you get time to do this again, you'll get more. But, also remember that sometimes you may not get anything and if that is the case, don't get frustrated, just give it a rest and try again another day. that is one thing I learned about crystal ball reading.