Scrying Group: Take One

Ankou

Scrying is...

"The generic term which covers a variety of techniques to enhance one’s ability to see those things distant in either space or time. Scrying techniques are based on using tools to gaze on or into to help focus the mind enough to look beyond the here and now. Such a tool might include a speculum, such as a Magick Mirror, a bowl of water, a prism, or a crystal ball, etc. Norse practitioners, as well as some modern Witches, use natural pools of water, wells, or even waterfalls. Key to the success of any scrying activity is the ability"

definition from:

www.wolfmoongrove.com/Wiccan info pages/glossary.htm

Funny enough, my Webster's didn't include the term Scrying!

In this group, we intend to practice and learn the art of scrying by looking into our mirrors, crystals, purple pages, ect... and then sharing our experiences with each other in order to expand our understanding of the technique. Outside research maybe presented and discussed.

I intend to use a bowl of black ink for my mirror and perhaps a large glass lense for my crystal.

We are looking for a teacher who can help point us to excersises and fine tuning, but for now, lets just practice the meditation state and gaze freely, keeping notes and sharing our findings.

Love and Light,

Ankou

stella01904

MM ~ Hi, I don't feel qualified to call myself a teacher - sometimes I have to wait and see what a vision meant! But if anyone needs help getting the pictures to come, give me a holler. :smoker:
BB, Stella

zorya

don't know that this will be of much help to anyone, i'm sure there will be others who are just as succesful with completely different methods and theories.

the biggest tip i would give, is do not try to analyze what you see. no thinking or concentrating!

your mind has to stay open, so the energy and images can flow from the universe. once you start to think about or figure out what you are seeing, the brain clicks into analytical mode and the flow stops. save the analyzing for afterwards.

after much practice you may be able to 'say' what you are seeing while you see it, and still remain open.

forget all expectations. if you are expecting fogs, smoke, hazes, faces etc. the brain will likely find them. we see what we want to see. however, you may miss what is really there.

as far as 'how' i scry,

i prefer to use indirect or low lighting. seeing a candle flame through or reflecting on the scrying medium, is such a strong image, that for me it distracts, rather than enhances the experience.

i start by requesting assistance from my guides, grounding and connecting. i then let go and allow. the images just happen.

it's hard to describe the image part.... the images in the scrying tool, sort of merge with images that just appear in my head. they become one, and i can't even tell you where they are.

have you ever really been in that zone where time and place doesn't exist? scrying is like that. the image is nowhere and everywhere, in the ball and in my head, and not any of those places, all at once. (sorry if i've just suceeded in really confusing anyone, lol)

it's not until after i 'come back', that i analyze what i've seen.

hope this helps a little! :)

stella01904

MM ~ Good point! You're going fairy deeply into alpha, possibly sometimes theta. BB, Stella

OakDragon

I would like to join in this, if I may. I have never done scrying before and my clairvoyant sense is rather low, but I have always wanted to develop it.

inanna_tarot

On reading a few of the scrying threads before I thought I'd give it a go.
So I sat down with a couple of candles (one happened to be a flickering one) with a bowl of water. The residue of salts from previously evaporated water floated around, so I thought I could try with it.
Well I saw a few shapes but then I started to hear things, and was slightly freaked out so I quickly left the room and tried to distract myself from what had happened.
So, next time I try I'm definately putting up a circle or protective barrier.
I think it was the faeries being nosey, but the noises came from one area of the room for no reason and I wasnt going to push myself.
I felt slightly comforted that others had been scared a little before, so I'm not a total loser lol.

Why is scrying scary for some though?

Definately going to try it again and look into this SG. I have a black mirror so i might try that next time!

Sezo
x

Statickitten

Well, I have my black mirror, I haven't used it yet though. Tonight I am going to go outside and try to do it under the light of the moon. Hopefully I have good results and I don't get too scared! I will report back what happened.
-Static

poivre

I have a crystal ball and an beautiful black bowl with small white
flowers painted on it.

I'm just not brave enough!

I think after watching On Cold Mountain with Nicole Kidman ruined scrying
for me. It was sad.

I'll be watching the threads &
good luck to you all.

Ankou

Tonight is the 17th and a full moon. A very magikal time, however being new with the moon thing, I'm not sure how that affects scrying, let me send some PMs. I also want to try scrying tonight, but I'm just so manic right now, sigh...

Happy visions Static Kitten!

Love and Light,

Ankou

rainwolf

Ankou said:
Tonight is the 17th and a full moon. A very magikal time, however being new with the moon thing, I'm not sure how that affects scrying, let me send some PMs. I also want to try scrying tonight, but I'm just so manic right now, sigh...

Happy visions Static Kitten!

Love and Light,

Ankou

Besides a full moon there is also some other interesting astrological happenings going on right now: here