Scrying Group: Take One

inanna_tarot

my experience tonight!

Just had a go :) Had a nice protective circle and felt very secure before I started with the scrying.

I started off with the black mirror. Rather than clouding it went completely black before I would see my face change in the reflection. Its really odd to see your face change in the reflection, because you always assume your reflection to be true, so its your face thats changing rather than your perception lol.
Firstly I saw a dog. My face changed into the muzzle, around my eyes were grey hairs as my eyes became darker and rounder. I briefly saw the teeth and tongue as he seemed to be pant a little before the image moved on.
Next image, starting from my face again - I grew a beard! My chin became longer and my nose slightly crooked. Shabby hair was around this face. Very unkempt but I could still see the candle light in his eye, a sparkle to soften his face.
Then I saw nothing else.

Feeling on a roll I experimented with a bowl of water again.
The water went cloudy before seeing either a moose, or a stag. It could have been both or either, the image was a little fuzzy.
I then heard noises, like crispy leaves underfoot, the odd branch crack. I became slightly paranoid that there were people outside my window (which is ridiculous because no one can get round that far without half my family noticing).
I thought as I was closing up the space that i could have been getting sounds as well as images? Sounds of the scene with the stag/moose?

Now I'm tired lol. I think I pushed it with the water scrying, but I was nosey hehe.

I'm not sure what the images mean to me at the moment - so any help would be great :)

Great stuff! Not at all scared like the last time. Spooked by the noises, but if I'm get audio as well as visual I'll pay more attention next time and listen rather than being weirded out.

Sezo
x

stella01904

zorya said:
for me, the key lies in faith and trust.

it may help to work on developing a closer relationship with your guides/god(s)/angels.

when you have complete trust in your guides, you can completely open and accept whatever you see.
MM ~ This is key! Wish I'd said it. ;) Thanks, Zorya!
BB, Stella

stella01904

inanna_tarot said:
Firstly I saw a dog. My face changed into the muzzle, around my eyes were grey hairs as my eyes became darker and rounder. I briefly saw the teeth and tongue as he seemed to be pant a little before the image moved on.
MM ~ My purely subjective take is that you've got an astral dog hanging around, but I couldn't tell you why. A protective spirit/power animal/familiar? There is also the Underworld association of dogs and their kin to consider (Cerebus, Anubis, the dogs associated with Hecate, etc.) - they guard the entrance to the Spirit Realm. Looks like the dog liked you enough to let you in. :smoker:
Next image, starting from my face again - I grew a beard! My chin became longer and my nose slightly crooked. Shabby hair was around this face. Very unkempt but I could still see the candle light in his eye, a sparkle to soften his face.
Then I saw nothing else.
Possibly a guide or an ancestor, but my guess would be a past life. A common method of past life research is to gaze at your own reflection in dim light until it changes. You can pursue this further with more scrying and/or meditation on this image, or you could try scrying with no reflection visible in the mirror and see what happens. Or both. :D
I then heard noises, like crispy leaves underfoot, the odd branch crack. I became slightly paranoid that there were people outside my window (which is ridiculous because no one can get round that far without half my family noticing).
I thought as I was closing up the space that i could have been getting sounds as well as images? Sounds of the scene with the stag/moose?
This is not uncommon.
Great stuff! Not at all scared like the last time. Spooked by the noises, but if I'm get audio as well as visual I'll pay more attention next time and listen rather than being weirded out.
Sounds like it was a very good session - congratulations!
BB, Stella

Scorpion

Rainwolf,

As promised I'm back to post some of the thoughts I had at the time of the reading to see if it helps at all.

First off, I felt the mule was probably symbolic of someone you're having to deal with at the moment - that stubborness and determination that can drive you mad! However, it may be the need for this that drives you on some sort of spiritual or intellectual quest that brings out the blossoming in you.

While I think the monks may be a past life experience or possibly spirit guides, when the solitary monk turned and took me into the garden, I got the distinct feeling that it was what you need - a sanctuary where you can work towards the sort of peace of mind that you need. There's a need to get away from all the noise and clutter and just soak up the calm. You have to find that within yourself.

The knight was battling on foot - no horse in sight - and seemed to come in from one side and go off the other, as if in a running battle. This I felt could be you - as if you have to do a lot of fighting (not physical, of course), almost on a day-to-day basis.

For the girl and the homely woman, I felt they were probably more connected to you in this life - you might have to ask around in the family.

The final character I would imagine is a close guide - he exuded wisdom and yet humour. I did feel he was deeply spiritual.

Does that make anything clearer?!

I'm off to see if I can get anything for Oakdragon....

inanna_tarot

Thanks Stella for your thoughts!
Just thought now that a lot of that scrying session reflects the Thoth's Hermit, which I have been pondering on a lot recently lol. Maybe it was the hermit saying I'm on the right path? Or the old guy could have been a past life - though I dont know how I feel about that. I believe in past lives, but not all that keen on remembering them. Too much rubbish in my own life time to start thinking of my others lol.

Last night I suddenly picked up a candle, and gazed into the wax around the flame. I was just pondering and then realised ooooh I could be scrying! Quickly said a protective prayer (well the Druids prayer if anyone is familiar with it) and settled down, holding the candle between my hands.
I saw foxes! Lots of foxes, bout 4 seperate ones. Some were close up and others in profile running away in the distance. I then noticed stars everywhere - so foxes at night!
Then I saw a horse and a rider, and took me a while to realise I could be seeing a fox hunt.

Very odd image for my subconscious to come out with! Perhaps I'm chasing something in the wrong way? Foxes are related to kenning - knowledge and cunning . Having a quick look at some websites, in medieval literature a hunt could often represent chasing after spirituality or a lady's favour.
Perhaps the hunter was chasing the light away for another year - being the equinox yesterday?

And I'm not scared anymore! hehe Want to scry some more, can you though ask to continue a previous sesssion, or always start a new venture each time?

Thanks for getting this group going, its fab!
Sezo
x

stella01904

inanna_tarot said:
Want to scry some more, can you though ask to continue a previous sesssion, or always start a new venture each time?
MM ~ Anything you want to ask, just ask, including continuing a previous session. If there is more, you'll see it. If not, no harm done. BB, Stella

Chronata

This is a great thread! Very inspiring!

It has definitely made me want to unearth my scrying tools and give it a go!

I am, as it turns out, an accidental scryer.

Meaning that I have seen many things, and had some great scrying experiences...but most of the time it was unintentional.

I have scryed while least expecting to...in shop windows, the bathtub, beer bottles, glossy white cardstock, glass or crystal balls in stores, or friend's houses, and in cd cases.

But of course, when I try and see something, I usually get too distracted, or can't relax and focus enough to get any sort of decent reading.

But this thread is encoraging and I will have to pull out the crystal, bowl and/ or mirror and try again this evening!

huredriel

Very inspiring thread - if I wasn't such a wuss, I'd go and buy a scrying mirror (I know the one I'd like ;)) and join in ..... maybe later :D

Ankou

I'm so happy that so many people have joined in and given readings and advice. I plan to start a new thread tonight, just so these don't get too long. I'd like to start a new thread each week. Sorry I haven't been in this one too much, life is very hectic, but I'm so thrilled at the results people are getting! Any way, I will start a new thread for this coming week, as I seem to be saying over and over again :rolleyes:

See you guys there,

Love and Light,

Ankou