Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

lilith_in_tree

cronesayer said:
Egad, don't get me started!!!! :bugeyed: I live in the USA, and I'm ready for CHANGE -- big time! YES, WE CAN!!!! I'm very afraid and very sure I'll basically be incoherent until the Democratic Convention in August. Then, I'll either be okay or insane! Nuff said, I'm sure. :p

:heart:
c.s.

All I can say to that is:

WORD.

:D

Open Arms

I bet its times like this you wish you had a system like ours where we can vote them out BEFORE their time...ie make them go to the polls early....

I just pulled my first card asking what would the VR have to teach me and I got the 3 of Swords....WHAT!! Betrayal!!Then I started looking deeper at the card and all this stuff started bubbling up about paring things back..getting down to the gold and leaving the dross behind...new starts...the faithful dog (ie friends) who is there to help...having what you really need not what you think you need...Yes she is in pain but it will pass...

Oh boy its starting already!!!

I need a vodka NOW!

lilith_in_tree

Open Arms said:
I bet its times like this you wish you had a system like ours where we can vote them out BEFORE their time...ie make them go to the polls early....

I just pulled my first card asking what would the VR have to teach me and I got the 3 of Swords....WHAT!! Betrayal!!Then I started looking deeper at the card and all this stuff started bubbling up about paring things back..getting down to the gold and leaving the dross behind...new starts...the faithful dog (ie friends) who is there to help...having what you really need not what you think you need...Yes she is in pain but it will pass...

I need a vodka NOW!

That is exactly why I so love this deck. The 3 of Swords is one of the finest examples to me of how this deck just sings--there's so much more there than your standard RWS meaning, and all it takes is a few moments of really looking at it and it opens right up. Press on, my dear, and have that vodka if it helps :laugh:
(and yes, I do wish we had a system like yours. But I digress.)

Disa

Open Arms said:

I need a vodka NOW!

I just did my first spread about the IDS using the Tarot of the Crone(just for myself) and I had a similar experience to yours. On the surface, the cards look like just random pictures as you flip through them, but once I lay them out on the cloth and really focus on them, they seem to flood me with information. This is the same thing that happened yesterday with this deck. It really IS starting already- enjoy the ride! I know I am.

Alamaris

lilith_in_tree said:
That is exactly why I so love this deck. The 3 of Swords is one of the finest examples to me of how this deck just sings--there's so much more there than your standard RWS meaning, and all it takes is a few moments of really looking at it and it opens right up. Press on, my dear, and have that vodka if it helps :laugh:
(and yes, I do wish we had a system like yours. But I digress.)
I'm hoping the Universal Waite can be as expressive as the VR. :D It may be a RWS, but it seems to speak much more than the fuzzy original. I'm hoping I won't need much alcohol supplements for this one. Too many epiphanies and my brain will implode! (Although I'm a little ahead of myself; I've already boozed a little tonight. Shh, I'm not supposed to be drinking...!)

I'm not even so sure how the Canadian voting system works, since I'm still a minor. I guess I'll have a little while to figure that one out, at least, and in the meantime I can still amuse myself with the American chaos--er, I mean primetime news. (Haven't seen a headline but "POLITICS OMG" in weeks. o__o)

Open Arms

Disa said:
I just did my first spread about the IDS using the Tarot of the Crone(just for myself) and I had a similar experience to yours. On the surface, the cards look like just random pictures as you flip through them, but once I lay them out on the cloth and really focus on them, they seem to flood me with information. This is the same thing that happened yesterday with this deck. It really IS starting already- enjoy the ride! I know I am.

The best part is..I haven't even looked at the companion book yet!!

Ohhh man...! It keeps on coming! I almost have to tear my eyes away from the card... I am having trouble keeping up with my thoughts as they keeping rippling up...

Now for the study card of the day... I hope I surface in time to make dinner...

rwcarter

I think I'm all ready and may even start my IDS tomorrow instead of Friday. I've (hopefully) changed my avatar (it's the god Horus from the Chariot) and updated my signature. Finishing off one of my court card studies, which I can still do during the IDS, but would like to get the input part done before I start the IDS. Only the four Kings left....

Rodney

Scion

It's begun!

The clock just slipped over the line of midnight... I'm reading some Hermetica on the way to bed, gearing up for my first required page tomorrow. :)

Promise

It's still a half hour 'till midnight here, but I've just completed a rather intense, rather draining for a dear friend using my Bohemian Gothic. I would post the reading, but it was of a rather personal nature, and I'm not quite sure my friend is ready for that yet.

I will say, however, that I felt such a powerful connection to the deck. I don't even remember thinking about anything...I just centered myself and let the deck sort of speak through me. Honestly, I don't even remember my exact words to him. It was a rather intense, surreal experience; it was calm and unsettling and comfortable all at the same time.

It's really inspired me to throw myself into this IDS with all the passion and energy I have. If my connection to the BG is this deep now, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like after 3 months with it and only it. If I throw myself into this IDS fully and completely, I know I'll be rewarded greatly at the end of my study. Or maybe that's what I'm supposed to learn here...that the study never truly ends, and that there's always another layer deeper down that we haven't gotten to yet.