Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

WolfSpirit

thorhammer said:
Yes, a favourite deck is easy, and subjective, and often the reasons for it being the favourite might be exactly what make it wrong for the IDS - at least for that person. I, for one, wouldn't like to have a "plug-n-play" deck for an IDS deck, but that's because I want to use the IDS for study of a deck and its system and immersion in that for the purposes of more meaningful readings. I think sometimes that if I rely too much on my "intuition", it's a copout.

I don't agree. Actually, I think for me it is the opposite. (hey, we can't all agree all the time because that would get boring :D)
I love picking a new and exciting deck and studying it inside out - which is why I don't want to do it for this exercise.
I want to take my favourite deck, and see how I can get more from my readings. And little use of books.
I already know the deck, and know I am going to deepen the aquaintance :D

Astraea Aurora

Promise said:
I'm probably going to hell for this, but....my BG is now sitting comfortably in my new Sakki-Sakki pocket.

Well, I don't think you will get into the big trouble. You know, those Bohemians can be quite humorous. As long as this is not the norm and a good, sturdy bag made from a tasteful fabric/color combination is in sight!

Otherwise I warned you ... }) :bugeyed: })

Astraea Aurora :grin: (whose BG is behaving very good)

SolSionnach

sravana said:
I just wanted to jump in and say that I'm not going to do the IDS at this time - however, I will be cheering you all on from the sidelines!
thorhammer said:
:)Aarrrgh! We'll miss you! But we'll look forward to your cheerleading, thankyou :heart:

\m/ Kat
Well, who knows - I may jump in after a month or so... sooner if you guys go to my TRADING THREAD and BUY MY DECKS.

Since the IDS starts tomorrow, you have 12 hours or so to do it! :D

Seriously, I decided that it was more important for me to sign up for an 8-week dog obedience class (getting out! seeing people! having fun with the dog!), and studying acupuncture (reviewing all the stuff that I forgot from school!) than burying my nose in a tarot deck that I didn't understand. lol Whatevah! lol

Good luck, all - I'm sure you'll make GREAT strides in your tarot knowledge!

AJ

I wish you'd all make a note in your signature or under your avatar of what deck you will be studying so those of us just reading along will have an idea. I can't follow the abbreviations, being short of little grey cells and am Way to lazy to make a master list. :)

All the best to all of you!

tarot4fun

AJ said:
I wish you'd all make a note in your signature or under your avatar of what deck you will be studying so those of us just reading along will have an idea. I can't follow the abbreviations, being short of little grey cells and am Way to lazy to make a master list. :)

That is actually a great idea! :D

:heart:

WolfSpirit

AJ said:

Thanks for the wishes AJ !
And I did just that in my signature - but I did it because I hope people will know why I am not joining any deck studies or discussions the next months and not nag me about decks })

mosaica

I'm so psyched! I received a box in the mail today, just in time to officially begin my IDS tomorrow. It contained my new Large Swiss Thoth and five deck-related books! (Two more books are coming in the mail.) I think I will either have enough books to either keep me very busy over the next three months, or else make me very confused! LOL.

thorhammer

Aulruna said:
Is it too late to join? (It's only the 18th in my part of the world, though Kat should be approaching midnight :D )
Of course it's not too late! Hel, I'll be more than happy to have people joining all the way through :). What deck are you thinking of getting up close and personal with?

AJ, you make a good point with the sigs. It's on the list of things to do. :)

Promise, I laughed fit to burst when I read your post about putting the BG in the Sakki pocket - I have both decks and they couldn't be more different!:heart: Nice move, mate :)
WolfSpirit said:
I don't agree. Actually, I think for me it is the opposite. (hey, we can't all agree all the time because that would get boring )
I love picking a new and exciting deck and studying it inside out - which is why I don't want to do it for this exercise.
I want to take my favourite deck, and see how I can get more from my readings. And little use of books.
I already know the deck, and know I am going to deepen the aquaintance :D
Good for you! That's why I said for that person, meaning, in this case, myself. I haven't worked with any of my decks enough to be that familiar with any particular one, so I admire you for approaching it differently to me. One day, I aspire to be that familiar with one deck :).
sravana said:
Seriously, I decided that it was more important for me to sign up for an 8-week dog obedience class (getting out! seeing people! having fun with the dog!), and studying acupuncture (reviewing all the stuff that I forgot from school!) than burying my nose in a tarot deck that I didn't understand. lol Whatevah! lol
Wow! Talk about a bit of variety! Good on you, mate. The dog class sounds awesome, very social. Good luck with both of your endeavours, and we'll see you soon :heart:

\m/ Kat

Aulruna

Hooray! I will try this then, with my Lo Scarabeo, which reads just great intuitively, but deserves to get some light on its symbology and concept, and some more challenging tasks.

Will work on my pledge now.

Open Arms

I have had my first taste of temptation.....

My BGS arrived and I just looked through it to check card numbers etc...and ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!

But I am going to be strong *whimper* and stick to the Victorian Romantic Gold ... *I can hear it calling meeeeee....* I have already packed it back in its box *ohhh .... that HURT* and put it with the other decks I have put away *help...mother...!*

I can be strong......

I'll probably use it for my next IDS....