6 of pentacles as advice

star-lover

?? in a relationship reading where the other person thinks they are doing all the work and not getting much back

can it mean to meet someone half way
to be grateful
to give back as much as you are given?
how do you balance the books in an uneven relationship?
how do you give thanks
does it suggest you go out of your way to do lots of things for the other to show them you care?
does it mean realising it takes two in a relationship as the song goes to make a dream come true??

no_moon

6 of pents is a card of balanced giving, no? Maybe it's saying to bring the bar down a notch? If you think you are carrying all the weight, maybe in order to have the other person come forward to carry more of their weight, you have to be sure you show the person how you want him/her to act. Have you tried putting more receptive energy (without expectations) into this relationship instead of focusing so much on what you want to get out of it? Sometimes being receptive is far more difficult than over-giving!

re-pete-a

We came across the card several times today,each time was different,Money problems,past kindnesses,sharing..........we feel it has a tag dependant on the feeling in that position,how does it feel for you??
________
(link removed by Moderator)

GenoviaJ

This card has come up for me to mean, unconditional giving and unconditional receiving. A person can not feel as though they are doing all the work, if they are giving from the heart, in other words unconditionally, with out expectations. Love is what comes out of you, - the joy of love is derived from giving love, etc etc etc...

star-lover

re-pete-a said:
We came across the card several times today,each time was different,Money problems,past kindnesses,sharing..........we feel it has a tag dependant on the feeling in that position,how does it feel for you??

no money problems repete

thinking about past kindness and sharing which has been equal
it feels now as if the other person feels they are doing all the work which is not true

star-lover

no_moon said:
6 of pents is a card of balanced giving, no? Maybe it's saying to bring the bar down a notch? If you think you are carrying all the weight, maybe in order to have the other person come forward to carry more of their weight, you have to be sure you show the person how you want him/her to act. Have you tried putting more receptive energy (without expectations) into this relationship instead of focusing so much on what you want to get out of it? Sometimes being receptive is far more difficult than over-giving!
thanks no moon
i will take that into account

star-lover

GenoviaJ said:
This card has come up for me to mean, unconditional giving and unconditional receiving. A person can not feel as though they are doing all the work, if they are giving from the heart, in other words unconditionally, with out expectations. Love is what comes out of you, - the joy of love is derived from giving love, etc etc etc...

i know
thanks for that, i don't like conditions or ultimatums in relationships
ruins things
i agree love is just giving

as an advice card i'm not sure what it means if its the other person making conditions

rcb30872

I agree with Genovia, but in this instance I tend to think that the 6 of Pentacles may actually signify being more demonstrative in your appreciation for what the other person does. Or maybe that it means that there should be an equal give and take, or load when it comes to day to day stuff. If it really is an issue for the other person, perhaps you should set up a household chores roster, or something along those lines.

But, basically, make sure that you say thank you for the little things, even if it is one of those things that you may take for granted, well, more to the point especially. I should know all about that, I have a family member that rides my back if I don't say thank you, but at the same time she doesn't say thank you all that much herself, for the things that I do.

Make them feel appreciated ;)

star-lover

rcb30872 said:
I agree with Genovia, but in this instance I tend to think that the 6 of Pentacles may actually signify being more demonstrative in your appreciation for what the other person does. Or maybe that it means that there should be an equal give and take, or load when it comes to day to day stuff. If it really is an issue for the other person, perhaps you should set up a household chores roster, or something along those lines.

But, basically, make sure that you say thank you for the little things, even if it is one of those things that you may take for granted, well, more to the point especially. I should know all about that, I have a family member that rides my back if I don't say thank you, but at the same time she doesn't say thank you all that much herself, for the things that I do.

Make them feel appreciated ;)

thanks bec

i cant show any appreciation at the moment he has gone into his cave for the weekend :D will do it monday

WalesWoman

Make sure it is reciprocal... sometimes we think we are giving back, giving as good, but it isn't being balanced out.

In relationships meeting each other halfway, usually helps but isn't enough to tip the scales.

Who wants to be with someone who only gives 50% of themselves in relationships, it's got to be 100% or why bother? But that is my personal opinion, I'm an all or nothing sort of person.

So I would say hold nothing back, be willing to give everything you can afford to give and make sure what you are giving is what the other wants and needs and is willing to accept, not what or how much you are willing to sacrifice.

If it's not given joyfully or willingly or without regard to the person receiving it, it's not a gift and it's not the true spirit of 6 Pents.

Here is a for instance... I wanted some way to protect my plants from deer, so we talked about fencing. He didn't want to fence off the yard, so made one around the planted areas... but paid no attention to what I really needed or wanted, so now there is a stupid fence around those areas, that looks like a damn cage and I can't get to the weeds along the inside edge without trompling on everything to get to them. It's stupid, it's ugly, I hate it and he's hurt and pissed, because I'm not grateful for what he "did for me."

So in my book, it's not really giving if you just do what you think is fair and don't take the other person's needs or want into consideration and believe you are doing your fair share, even if they believe otherwise.