10 swords upright versus reversed

acquario

Hello,

I am trying to get the reversed meaning of the cards, and I understand that it is not as simple as just reading them the opposite. But that it is more like the energy of the cards being blocked or hindered... am I right? So that will not always be opposite but in some cases it could be.

So what about 10 swords reversed? When googling the meaning I mostly find descriptions that seem almost the same as 10 swords upright, a painful ending of some sort.

Thoughts?

danieljuk

I think this depends on how you see reversals and how you see this card acquario. Some people see it the same in their interpretations. Others see the Swords fall out of the person in the image when it's reversed, the reverse could be recovery or beginning of healing. Some people read reversals as blocked energy and in that case a sitter would be fighting against something ending painfully. They are resisting or avoiding the inevitable. Clinging on to a relationship when it has ended and the pain becomes drawn out. There is something to this card reversed about the fear of the pain or a disaster and avoiding it!

The Swords represent thinking and the mind and I think the 9 and 10 of Swords cards often show a situation that in your mind is worse than the reality. But I think if this card came up in a reading I would look and work out if it represents the person needs to move on from the pain and a bad situation or they need to experience it and then heal. Sometimes you can't run from something and avoid.

acquario

Thank you so much danieljuk,

Right I see. In my experience 10 swords usually represent the pain involved in the ending of something, not only the ending itself, though obviously something has caused the pain.

In this case it was the first card of three answering whether somebody would respond to an email with a particular message. The other two cards were positive. It was not my reading but I got very curious about how to read 10 swords there. The email does have to do with a prolonged difficult and painful situation where somebody has been unresponsive for a while. To me, not used to reversals as I am, this would indicate that all the pain that has been wrapped up in this situation may now be resolved. And that it is likely the person may respond. What do you think?

danieljuk

In relation to the reading I think the reversed 10 of Swords shows that they were avoiding dealing with the email or message. They might not have read the email or don't want to reply to the email. If the other cards are positive, they may well get a reply but this card represents the background of the issue perhaps, the person didn't want to deal with it or face the pain to discuss it in the email. But if the other cards are positive I think they will get a reply but it might take a while :)

acquario

The situation itself, which the email relates to can best be described by being an upright and prolonged 10 swords situation, so that was why I thought, that the reversed card 10 swords being the first card, as you suggest, represented the background but now changed to the reversed, which to me then indicates a kind of improvement. The last card was 6 swords, if that changes anything. I read the 6 swords here as a moving forward, mentally, so I am taking that to suggest that the person receiving the message, changes how they previously viewed the situation and therefore probably would respond. There are also more than one person in the boat, pointing to that this transition involves more than one person.

Thank you so much for your input. I understand it better now.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

acquario, per the UTC Posting Rules, you are required to provide interpretations for all cards you list, so please provide an interpretation for the card you just listed or edit your post to remove it.

tarot_quest

Hi aquario,

I hope that I am not going to repeat what have been said by DanielJuk, but I think that he did a very good (excellent) description of this card.

I wanted to add my personal view on this card. I see the rx 10 of swords as you have reach the worst in a situation (at least mentally) and now the pain is starting to leave (because yes, the swords are falling down)

I see the 10 of swords upright as the culmination of ''negative'' situation. The rx is just the next step in the process because a difficult situation generating pain cannot be there forever. The beginning of the healing process is welcomed at some point (when the swords fall)!

acquario

acquario, per the UTC Posting Rules, you are required to provide interpretations for all cards you list, so please provide an interpretation for the card you just listed or edit your post to remove it.

Whoops, I am sorry I forgot. I have edited my previous post and added my interpretation.

acquario

Hi aquario,

I hope that I am not going to repeat what have been said by DanielJuk, but I think that he did a very good (excellent) description of this card.

I wanted to add my personal view on this card. I see the rx 10 of swords as you have reach the worst in a situation (at least mentally) and now the pain is starting to leave (because yes, the swords are falling down)

I see the 10 of swords upright as the culmination of ''negative'' situation. The rx is just the next step in the process because a difficult situation generating pain cannot be there forever. The beginning of the healing process is welcomed at some point (when the swords fall)!

Hi tarot_quest and thanks for responding, and yes, I agree that DanielJuk's interpretation clarified the card and made a lot of sense. So in effect, the way you see it, is pretty positive? Like a new beginning after a period of pain?

So would you see it as a response then? The reading was for whether a person would respond to an email regarding a specific situation. That was a 10 swords situation that had been going on for a long time.

tarot_quest

Hi tarot_quest and thanks for responding, and yes, I agree that DanielJuk's interpretation clarified the card and made a lot of sense. So in effect, the way you see it, is pretty positive? Like a new beginning after a period of pain?

So would you see it as a response then? The reading was for whether a person would respond to an email regarding a specific situation. That was a 10 swords situation that had been going on for a long time.

It's difficult to tell you with one card if the person will respond or not. However, I think that Tarot might be telling you that the person who was involved in the situation is starting to feel better about it now (whatever happened).

As a suggestion, if you (or person X) want an answer from this person, you could ask the cards again in a week or two to see how the person would feel about your email (if you send a new one asking for a reply).

I don't see a rx 10 of swords as a green light saying ''go for it'', but at least, the situation is slowly getting less painful, I am guessing

Good luck!