2007 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

temperlyne

Oh my... time just flies! I made a scetch two weeks ago but have yet to turn it into a decent cover...
I like the excitement of not knowing what others have submitted, there is absolutely no way of telling if I have a chance. Mmm I guess if I do not finish it soon it is safe to say I do not! I'm going to take on the dreaded photoshop today!

Major Tom, can you give us an idea of how many entries you have recieved? just curious, but I understand if you want to keep it a secret ;)

mythos

my entry

I don't know how to use photoshop, only the early paintshop ... and I realised I didn't have time to do anything completely new, nor learn to work in black and white ... so here is my entry. It was fun ... I enjoyed it heaps. I truly don't care whether I win or not because it has made me aware of so many new skills I still have to develop ... I do love learning. It's a total buzz!

mythos:)

Attachments

• TC2007_1gp.jpg
    TC2007_1gp.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 146

Bat Chicken

The 78th Fool said:
I've just emailed my entry to Tom so I thought I'd post it here. I've colourised the image to show what it would look like on cream paper. Hope you all like it!

Chris. xx

Do I like it??? WOW! I love it!!! :)
I have been watching the Quantum Tarot thread and the stunning work that you and Leo62 have been doing... IMHO it's amazing stuff!

temperlyne

I will never be friends with my computer... I made the scetch in an afternoon but it took my a hell of lot more time to transform it into a decent cover. Anyway, here's the small version of my entry. I wanted to keep it simple and serene, combining love for tarot with a loving couple. Black and white was quite a challenge!

Attachments

• calendarsmall.jpg
    calendarsmall.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 138

baba-prague

Tom - when do you make the announcement? I have my favourite, but no, I'm not saying :)

You must be very pleased - you have some really excellent entries.

Bat Chicken

The talent and achievement on this forum is amazing, inspiring, and humbling!
I have no time to contribute this year - but I think I'll throw my hat in the ring next year if you plan to open it up again Major Tom!

mythos

There are some superb entries here, and I imagine that not everyone has posted theirs on this thread ... so, how exciting is this:thumbsup: I know which my favourite it ... and it ain't mine :laugh:. But I'm not telling. Can't wait to find out, and see, the winning entry.

Major Tom

baba-prague said:
Tom - when do you make the announcement?

I hope to make an announcement by 3 April 2006.

Jane and I have developed a rather unique set of judging criteria. :shhh:

All will be revealed in due course.

Meanwhile there's still two days until the deadline.

mythos

Major Tom said:
Jane and I have developed a rather unique set of judging criteria. :shhh:

There was a rumour going around at uni that the way the staff decided on who got merits and who got passes, was to toss all the essays in the air. Those on the left of the desk got merits, those on the right got passes.

I hope yours and Jane's criteria is as rational and well-considered :joke:

Mimers

I am so impressed by all the entries thus far. We have some serious talent here!