2009 Tarot Lovers' Calendar Cover Contest

Elnor

Major Tom-
I would like to try to put something together- how many pixels per inch (or mm?) does it need to be? Or is that important?

elnor

Major Tom

Elnor said:
I would like to try to put something together- how many pixels per inch (or mm?) does it need to be? Or is that important?

Thanks for your interest in joining in the competition. :)

The Rules said:
2. Original designs must be A4 size, that is, 210X297mm or 805X1170 pixels for electronically produced work as a minimum. Larger works may be submitted for reduction to A4 size.

You might like to read all the rules in my opening post. ;)

franniee

raventepes said:
It symbolizes a joining and blending of the elements. Everything there is represented. Fire, water, air and earth.

It's a photo collage taken useing 3 pictures. One being a volcano with water at its foot, one of some trees, and another of fire. Then I blended them together, modified the color in some parts and there ya go. All that was left was shrink it to the size it needed to be and add text.

I love it! Such energy and emotion in it! WOW!

Major Tom

Elnor said:
how many pixels per inch (or mm?) does it need to be? Or is that important?

Many apologies, but I've only just realised I hadn't really understood your question and therefore didn't give the right answer. That'll teach me for being a smartass.

As this is for print, a minimum 300 pixels per inch. I didn't even think less than that could fill 805x1170mm, but of course they can - just not for print. *slaps forehead*

I'm still learning stuff every day.

Major Tom

There's still loads of time for anyone else who wants to join in - 17 whole days.

I would especially like to encourage anyone who feels they have not got any artistic talent whatsoever. It's my firm belief that everyone has artistic talent unique to themselves. This is a great chance to come and share your unique talent as part of a supportive community.

I would also like to encourage everyone who had entered before but not been selected. We've seen some pretty amazing things from you.

artandwords

Hey, I'll enter. While I was recently moving my studio, I came across some unpublished tarot art. They were created before I worked on the Goddess Tarot. I was puzzling over what to do with them, and then I came across your thread.

My calendar cover entry can be viewed here:

http://artandwords.com/photos/kwaldherrtarotcalcovsm.jpg

The central cover image is an oil painting that originated from a drawing I did when I lived in England some years ago. It depicts the High Priestess -- the sleeping lion at her feet is meant to prefigure the lion that appears in Strength later in the deck. In the cover design, I incorporated some Renaissance alchemy seals that I've become fascinated with.

Sidhe-Ra

Gosh, Kris....wowwy wowy gosh gosh...

Elven

Oh wow alright!!
.. and in oils!
Artandwords - this is Beautiful!!

DraagonStorm

Jaw dropping artandwords....

And that was something that was just laying around? You didn't know what to do with it??????? I would love to see more of your work!!!!!!!!!

DraagonStorm