2009 Tarot Lovers' Calendar Cover Contest

la-luna

Ok people i'm ready (and so is my entry for this years contest - at least i hope it looks ready enough for all)

Attachments

• 2009 Tarot Lovers' Calendar Cover Contest C minus 20080420.jpg
    2009 Tarot Lovers' Calendar Cover Contest C minus 20080420.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 92

Major Tom

Thanks very much for your entry artandwords and thanks also for telling us about it. Beautiful work.

La-luna, thanks very much for your entry. Also beautiful work. Would you like to tell us anything about it?

la-luna

I made a collage using classical artwork combined with a manipulation of the black and white line drawings from the Waite-Smith all this done in Paint Shop.
The idea behind it was the lovers as image and as symbol, and who where better than the original lovers Adam & Eve, with the choice element (represented by the apple Eve is presenting her lover) and under them in the background the result of the choice namely expulsion from the “Garden of Eden”, result i gave a bright red color (what in it’s turn contrasts with the soothing blue from the titles.

sacredashes

You know, la luna.. what got me really, really worked up are the tiny tiles in the background. They are awesome! :heart:

And after reading your post, I noticed the red background had images in them too! How delightful.. I love pictures like these where clues are hidden everywhere and you have to find them to see the entire tapestry.

Good job!!

la-luna

sacredashes said:
You know, la luna.. what got me really, really worked up are the tiny tiles in the background. They are awesome! :heart:

And after reading your post, I noticed the red background had images in them too! How delightful.. I love pictures like these where clues are hidden everywhere and you have to find them to see the entire tapestry.

Good job!!

Thanks sacredashes :* it feels great knowing my "creation" is liked

sacredashes

la-luna said:
Thanks sacredashes :* it feels great knowing my "creation" is liked

;) Don't mention it. I'm sure there're lots of people out there who appreciate your work too.

Ash

Sebavin

Wow! Just found this thread. Everyone has submitted such wonderful pieces already ;). I have a few ideas floating around, let's see if I can get something finished before the deadline. Quick question, Major Tom- Do we need to have prior experience working on a deck? If I read the post right, it's open to all ATers?

Major Tom

Sebavin said:
Quick question, Major Tom- Do we need to have prior experience working on a deck? If I read the post right, it's open to all ATers?

You read the post correctly. :) The contest is open to all members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums.

Major Tom

lampkin asked me to post his entry for him. Hopefully he'll come along and tell us something about it.

Thanks for your entry lampkin. :) Nice one.

Attachments

• lampkin09entrysm.jpg
    lampkin09entrysm.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 91

rogue

Thanks Major Tom. My entry is a picture of a faerie I painted last summer, a 9X11" oil.