7 of cups as relationship outcome?

Salena

As outcome a relationship filled with delusion. Does it mean a decision has to be made?

sensitivemuse

Yes, that's possible, or it could mean there's so many choices there for you, however not all of them are wise choices. Too many choices and all may seem appealing to you so it may be suggested you invite reason and make the right choice.

hope this helps!

Salena

Yes, that's possible, or it could mean there's so many choices there for you, however not all of them are wise choices. Too many choices and all may seem appealing to you so it may be suggested you invite reason and make the right choice.

hope this helps!
Thnx

Is there any way of telling who will face the 7 of cups?

Laurelle

The 7 of cups can also be about the illusion of love at first sight. The 7 of cups loves falling in love quickly and romanticising about the person. How many times have we had the "love at first sight" feeling only to realize months later that the person wasn't right for us?

The outcome is probably that this relationship is built on feelings that aren't grounded. You and/or your lover aren't going to make it work out.

This is the card you get when you have to stop daydreaming and realize that he may not really love you.

But when you can realize that, you can open the door to a better more fulfilling love with someone else.

Laurelle

Also, all the cups (in the seven of cups) can represent alcohol or drug use. The term "beer goggles" comes to mind. "He looks so much better when I'm drinking."

I like to see the cards as a story unfolding. The 8 of cups is next. We were drunk on love in the seven of cups, but have to sober up when confronted with the 8 of cups.

nisaba

But none of these suggestions really describe an outcome, do they. They all suggest the next stage or the next step. The outcome is much more final than any "next stage" or "next step" or "decisionmaking".

Salena

Also, all the cups (in the seven of cups) can represent alcohol or drug use. The term "beer goggles" comes to mind. "He looks so much better when I'm drinking."

I like to see the cards as a story unfolding. The 8 of cups is next. We were drunk on love in the seven of cups, but have to sober up when confronted with the 8 of cups.

But what would it mean in a platonic relationship?

But none of these suggestions really describe an outcome, do they. They all suggest the next stage or the next step. The outcome is much more final than any "next stage" or "next step" or "decisionmaking".
I think I understand what you're saying. The 7 of cups doesn't provide an actual outcome. But being that the 8 of cups is the next step isn't that the outcome of the 7 of cups decision? I'm confused. :)

nisaba

Perhaps an "outcome card" is not the right position to have in a spread, if you're only interested in what might happen in the next couple of decades.

The "Outcome" is the moment of last final contact ever. Anything else is just moving onto the next stage.

Teheuti

The outcome has to be seen in relationship to the rest of the spread, so it's hard to say what it would mean without knowing more.

As a 7 it's a test or challenge, in the realm of Cups - love, inter-relationships, feelings, imagination.

If anything, I'd say that things are left up-in-the-air. The future could still branch off in at least seven different ways and a decision has probably not been reached as to which one to take. The querent could be left with some false illusions or conflicting desires regarding available choices which makes it difficult to make wise decisions. Drugs or alcohol could be involved but so could a lot of other things.

PeonyInLove

Everyone's interpretations are pretty awesome. If I could add anything it would seem like the outcome is that your relationship hits a dead end as one or both of you are weighing up any decisions that need to be made and any feelings relating to those decisions. I read somewhere that it is sometimes a wish card, but with consequences so it always reminds me of that Pussycat Dolls 'when I grow up' song, uno the 'be careful what you wish for coz you might just get it, yeh you might just get it' part... So outcome could mean you end up getting what you want or what you thought you wanted only to realise that what you wanted to begin with was just a pipe dream, no basis in reality which makes you feel disillusioned.