8 of wands as someone's intentions

Tiggy-cat

Hi all. As someone's intentions, would you see 8 of Wands as moving towards a goal, taking a big step forward, rushing into action, throwing off indecisiveness? I'm not really seeing what else it could mean here but want to make sure I'm not just seeing what I "want" to see.

WalesWoman

8 Wands for someone's intentions (toward someone?)... usually this is the fun fling, quick interlude, but not lasting... fast, quick bursting of fire and then the fizzle. How long do fireworks last? It's most often seen as a pleasant, but short time event...

As an intent, there is a lot of drive and fire fueling it, going for the gusto, probably not holding much back... the only problem is by not holding anything back, what is left to sustain the fire?

flipperjane

Hi all. As someone's intentions, would you see 8 of Wands as moving towards a goal, taking a big step forward, rushing into action, throwing off indecisiveness? I'm not really seeing what else it could mean here but want to make sure I'm not just seeing what I "want" to see.

Yes I really do see it as that - definately in flight, up in the air, aiming straight etc. The only caution being that it can mean the person is not very grounded

willowfox

***Moving away from something towards something new.

SunChariot

To me, it would say their intentions are to create something strong in the situation. Depending on what the situation is. If a relationship it would say they intend to create a strong solid relationship...

Another possible meaning, but maybe less likely, is that they intend to do something strongly (very) passionate.

Wands can be eiher about creating or passion for me, 8's refer back to the Strength card (Card 8).

Babs

SunChariot

8 Wands for someone's intentions (toward someone?)... usually this is the fun fling, quick interlude, but not lasting... fast, quick bursting of fire and then the fizzle. How long do fireworks last? It's most often seen as a pleasant, but short time event...

As an intent, there is a lot of drive and fire fueling it, going for the gusto, probably not holding much back... the only problem is by not holding anything back, what is left to sustain the fire?

Wow, I got pretty much the exact opposite. :grin:

And that's the magic of Tarot that I love so much. We can have all kinds of different meanings for cards and still we can all read the cards and arrive at the right answers in the end.

Gotta love Tarot!

Babs

Tiggy-cat

Hmm, thanks very much for all the responses. This was asked in a relationship context, so I will see it as a decisive step in that direction, while the nature of the relationship (hot and fleeting vs. strong) will remain to be seen. Patience will be required for this one! :)

tarotbear

To me - the 8 Wands as 'someone else's intentions' tells me they are out playing the field.

If this is their intentions towards you - you are just another name to scratch off their list when they are done... "Been there, done them - move on."

Don't expect anything permanent from this one. This is a card about movement, not stasis.

Tiggy-cat

Thanks Tarot Bear, that is a very important possibility for me to keep in mind. I hope to get close enough to find out the answer to this.

SunChariot

Hmm, thanks very much for all the responses. This was asked in a relationship context, so I will see it as a decisive step in that direction, while the nature of the relationship (hot and fleeting vs. strong) will remain to be seen. Patience will be required for this one! :)

Of course no one can know what your cards really meant but you. The cards speak to each of us differently and no one but you knows the unique language you and your deck(s) share. For example since Wales Woman's and my meanings are opposites, if the answer were a strong relationship she would likely have gotten a different card to tell her that. And if it were something fast and flirty, I would have gotten a different card to tell me that.

If we tell you what the cards would mean to us, that does not mean that that is what they would mean to you. Everyone's cards speak to them differently. No one but you can know how they talk to you,.

Babs