2008 Llewellyn's Tarot Reader

Briar Rose

*****I just got this e-mail*****

We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated books by Sirona Knight have also purchased 2008 Tarot Reader (Llewellyn's Tarot Reader) by Llewellyn. For this reason, you might like to know that 2008 Tarot Reader (Llewellyn's Tarot Reader) will be released on August 1, 2007. You can pre-order yours by following the link below.

2008 Tarot Reader (Llewellyn's Tarot Reader)
Llewellyn
Price: $9.99

Release Date: August 1, 2007

rachelcat

Was the email from Amazon?

I usually wait until about a year has passed (til June or July) and get the reader on sale. Obviously, I don't use it for a date book, but, hey, the articles don't get outdated!

I heard through the grapevine that the 2008 will be the last year for the Llewellyn Tarot Reader, so I obsessively went onto Amazon Marketplace and ordered the one I didn't already have, the first, 2005. I'm reading it now.

Interestingly, it has "Closer Looks," little one-page informative ads, for decks that are now on the Llewellyn $5/$10 sale and Discount New Age Books:
Buddha
Ship of Fools
Golden Dawn Magical
Legend Arthurian
Waking the Wild Spirit
Oz
Saints
Shining Tribe
World Spirit

So I guess that means Llewellyn decks have about a 3 year sales cycle until they go on sale (and then out of print)?

Briar Rose

The E-mail was right from Llewellyn. Everyone who's on their mailing list must have recieved the same e-mail today.

Glass Owl

Thanks for the information. I just ordered mine from Amazon.

Shaymus

Aug 1 ? That's strange. I saw this on the shelf at a local Chapters here in Ontario. Didn't pick it up tho, but will get it tomorrow.

Shaymus

annik

Aug. !? I have ordered at amazon.ca and I already have it! There is only the articles in this one. No calendar.

Cerulean

On your question....the cycle of tarot decks...

It is odd to me, but Llewellyn is a smaller publisher and some decks are popular, some are not. I speculated they did 'one per artist/writer' and then maybe out of print...but I recently looked at some of the popular title decks again...

For instance, the Legends Tarot by A.M. Ferguson is really popular and I think reprinted multiple times since 1995....and they still carry it with the Llewellyn Tarot Also, the Shapeshifter Tarot is in it's sixth printing since 1998-9 and Lisa Hunt has authored/artistically made other popular titles...for Llewellyn, I think that Lisa Hunt's art in Shapeshifter, Celtic Dragon in print since 2000 (eighth printing) and Animals Divine is pretty popular.

I'm not certain about World Spirit, which was reprinted in a bigger format...but Medieval Enchantment seems to have been in print for at least three years and seems to be going strong...

Waking the Wild Spirit, Buddha Tarot and some of the other titles you mentioned--I'm not certain why they were not popular. But it seems like one does see the not-so-popular titles disappear in a few years...so the idea that there is a three-year shelf life cycle on not-so-popular decks might be quite interesting if you were thinking of whether to buy an old title on your wishlist or new title that might be readily available for awhile.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

Granville

I found the 2008 Reader in my local Atlantic Books this weekend also.

celeste

I ordered it from Llewellyn a week ago.

babyJo

It cost a lot to get it from USA. So... it will be nice to know what people think of this 2008 issue ;)

Anyone got it yet? any comment?