9 of cups keeps coming up in relationship reading!

La Luna

Dear all

Lately 9 of cups has been my stalker card in relationship reading. This card keeps coming up no matter the questions I ask and the spreads I use. I'm wondering what Tarot is trying to tell me. This is about the guy who I have a crush on but he seems don't want to be in any relationship with anyone after ending a long term relationship he had before. So this card maybe about his solitary, now he just focus on himself. I just wonder if he has feelings for me. Do I have a chance to be a part of his life?

Any ideas?

Grizabella

Card meanings change somewhat depending on the cards around them and what the spread and/or spread position is. It's hard to give you an answer just based on the one card. The 9 of Cups is commonly seen as the wish card...indicating that your wishes will be granted but it doesn't always mean that. It could mean he has a drinking problem or that he's trying to forget the ex by drowning his sorrows in booze.

La Luna

Card meanings change somewhat depending on the cards around them and what the spread and/or spread position is. It's hard to give you an answer just based on the one card. The 9 of Cups is commonly seen as the wish card...indicating that your wishes will be granted but it doesn't always mean that. It could mean he has a drinking problem or that he's trying to forget the ex by drowning his sorrows in booze.
Well...luckily he doesn't have drinking problem. I think he doesn't have feelings for his ex anymore but he's obsessed. He's afraid of being hurt again. 9 of cups card came up again and again when I asked about him, about his feelings for me, how he sees me, what he wants from me, etc...not about me, so I don't think my wishes will be granted. I wonder why this card came up so many times. Is there a message that Tarot is trying to tell me? Anyway, thanks a lot Grizabella! :)

frejasphere

Dear all

Lately 9 of cups has been my stalker card in relationship reading. This card keeps coming up no matter the questions I ask and the spreads I use. I'm wondering what Tarot is trying to tell me. This is about the guy who I have a crush on but he seems don't want to be in any relationship with anyone after ending a long term relationship he had before. So this card maybe about his solitary, now he just focus on himself. I just wonder if he has feelings for me. Do I have a chance to be a part of his life?

Any ideas?

Hi La Luna :)

I was just thinking that as the 9 of cups keeps coming up in your readings it may be trying to tell you something, instead of reflecting on how the guy is feeling...? The 9 of cups can be about self value (the importance of it). Perhaps the card is reminding you to enjoy the good things in life, don't wait in the shadows :)

Tiggy-cat

Well...luckily he doesn't have drinking problem. I think he doesn't have feelings for his ex anymore but he's obsessed. He's afraid of being hurt again. 9 of cups card came up again and again when I asked about him, about his feelings for me, how he sees me, what he wants from me, etc...not about me, so I don't think my wishes will be granted. I wonder why this card came up so many times. Is there a message that Tarot is trying to tell me? Anyway, thanks a lot Grizabella! :)

In that context, I'd take it as a fairly positive suggestion that he wants you to make him feel happy and contented snd make his wishes come true, or that you make him feel that way. That 9 of Cups *can* be about physical pleasures, so maybe that's the kind of "contentment" he wants from you but I'd see it as him having some kind of interest in you.

La Luna

Hi La Luna :)

I was just thinking that as the 9 of cups keeps coming up in your readings it may be trying to tell you something, instead of reflecting on how the guy is feeling...? The 9 of cups can be about self value (the importance of it). Perhaps the card is reminding you to enjoy the good things in life, don't wait in the shadows :)
Yeah, maybe...I don't know if he's worth fighting for...but somehow I feel I have to take care of this person and help him :( feeling stuck right now :(

La Luna

In that context, I'd take it as a fairly positive suggestion that he wants you to make him feel happy and contented snd make his wishes come true, or that you make him feel that way. That 9 of Cups *can* be about physical pleasures, so maybe that's the kind of "contentment" he wants from you but I'd see it as him having some kind of interest in you.
Thanks a lot Tiggy-cat! It does make sense to me. But I hope it's not about physical pleasures :))

Strenght

Dear all

Any ideas?

Hi La Luna,

I am not very experienced reading Tarot, but a couple of ideas come to my mind.
Of course, 9 of cups can represent either you or your crush.
9 of Cups kind of person is happy with the current situation. They do not want to change it. They are not active, they are basically just sitting pretty and enjoying their life.
They do not really think what other people want; this is not to say they are thoughtless, but everything is good for them right now.
So if it is him, he is happy with his life now and he doesn't particularly care to start a relationship right now. At least he is not actively pursuing anything.
If it is you, you might be advised to be happy right now and see where this situation leads.

minotaur

I use RWS. I like all people have shared in this thread. I have a very different take on the 9 of cups. I call it the "happy time out" card. Let me tell a little story how I got to that meaning as one way to look at the 9 of cups. It has to do with break-ups. OK...that is a long way from where you want to be, but stay with me. We will get back to your question.

Over the years I have developed a basic plan for women who just ended a long-term relationship. I don't use it on everyone, but I do use it a lot. The idea is this. Following a break-up you see no men and/or have no sex for 30 days. Go out with your girlfriends, talk to guys as friends but have a complete ban on any romantic/physical activity for thirty days. No drunken 3 AM booty calls, that's for sure.

One more very important detail....change your hair. Get your hair re-done in a way you have always wanted to do it.

No men, new hair...thirty days. Then you look around and see how you feel about things.

You know what? This is also much of what I recommend to women when they say they got dumped and ask how can they get him back. Thirty days of nothing and get your hair done.

If you apply those two principles it is amazing how much a woman can change and grow in thirty days. Then she is making decisions because she wants to (or no longer wants to). It is a very empowering process.

So how does that apply to you and this one fellow? Same thing...don't do anything about him for thirty days and change your hair. No physical curiosity, no rescuing a guy, no nothing.

If he isn't there in thirty days it is probably for the best. If he is you will be a different, stronger, glowing person. You can then make the decisions that are best for your long-term happiness.

In this case, I think the repeated 9 of cups is telling you to take a happy time out and come back to the question of this fellow when you are refreshed.

La Luna

I use RWS. I like all people have shared in this thread. I have a very different take on the 9 of cups. I call it the "happy time out" card. Let me tell a little story how I got to that meaning as one way to look at the 9 of cups. It has to do with break-ups. OK...that is a long way from where you want to be, but stay with me. We will get back to your question.

Over the years I have developed a basic plan for women who just ended a long-term relationship. I don't use it on everyone, but I do use it a lot. The idea is this. Following a break-up you see no men and/or have no sex for 30 days. Go out with your girlfriends, talk to guys as friends but have a complete ban on any romantic/physical activity for thirty days. No drunken 3 AM booty calls, that's for sure.

One more very important detail....change your hair. Get your hair re-done in a way you have always wanted to do it.

No men, new hair...thirty days. Then you look around and see how you feel about things.

You know what? This is also much of what I recommend to women when they say they got dumped and ask how can they get him back. Thirty days of nothing and get your hair done.

If you apply those two principles it is amazing how much a woman can change and grow in thirty days. Then she is making decisions because she wants to (or no longer wants to). It is a very empowering process.

So how does that apply to you and this one fellow? Same thing...don't do anything about him for thirty days and change your hair. No physical curiosity, no rescuing a guy, no nothing.

If he isn't there in thirty days it is probably for the best. If he is you will be a different, stronger, glowing person. You can then make the decisions that are best for your long-term happiness.

In this case, I think the repeated 9 of cups is telling you to take a happy time out and come back to the question of this fellow when you are refreshed.
Wow, minotaur, it's such a good advice! I've just realized that I keep thinking about how to please him but forget to put myself first. He's not the only one who's obsessed with the other :)) Thank you so much minotaur, you enlighten me :)