9 of pentacles as feelings?

Medellia

How would you interpret 9 of pentacles as feelings for someone in a romantic context?
It's basically a friendship, but the querent wants it to evolve into something more.

billycourty

They make their SO feel secure and loved? Provide for them and give them everything they need to be independent?

HeatherRose

Feeling comfortable and secure.

Although depending on the spread and surrounding cards, I have had this pop up as feeling like you have everything you could want in a material sense, but alone where a relationship is concerned.

wind

Although depending on the spread and surrounding cards, I have had this pop up as feeling like you have everything you could want in a material sense, but alone where a relationship is concerned.

Yes, I also got it in such context! It was about me, in fact, I was in a lush, beautiful place, really enjoying myself, good food, nice company of people, just beautiful scenery, doing great work - but I was totally heart broken since things were not working out with my beloved. Previously I had been doing readings about us and 9 of pents was the outcome - totally describing the experience of me having all I needed, save my beloved.

In a more general context, I would say 9/pents is a 'good catch' card, the person feeling you can give, provide all they need/or you are something that makes them feel fulfilled, happy, cosy, comfortable. They might see you as having a lot to offer, that you are a 'rich person', stable, something that can enhance their lives.

Medellia

They make their SO feel secure and loved? Provide for them and give them everything they need to be independent?
Thanks for your reply. Just so I'm sure I got it right ... the querent makes her SO feel this way, or is it the other way around?

Medellia

Thanks for your input. The Hermit did come up in the spread as well, which I reckon amplifies your interpretation.

Medellia

Yes, I also got it in such context! It was about me, in fact, I was in a lush, beautiful place, really enjoying myself, good food, nice company of people, just beautiful scenery, doing great work - but I was totally heart broken since things were not working out with my beloved. Previously I had been doing readings about us and 9 of pents was the outcome - totally describing the experience of me having all I needed, save my beloved.

In a more general context, I would say 9/pents is a 'good catch' card, the person feeling you can give, provide all they need/or you are something that makes them feel fulfilled, happy, cosy, comfortable. They might see you as having a lot to offer, that you are a 'rich person', stable, something that can enhance their lives.
That was a beautiful way of putting it, thank you Wind. I think it fits very well with the couple in question.

Strenght

How would you interpret 9 of pentacles as feelings for someone in a romantic context?
It's basically a friendship, but the querent wants it to evolve into something more.

The 9 of Pentacles Lady is confident, independent, master of her own world. When a man enters her world, he admires her, respects her, and is impressed by her. At the same time he thinks, "What does she need me for? She has it all, I can't give anything to her." A guy may feel somewhat inferior to her, and chooses a girlfriend who is less perfect.

9 of Pentacles Lady reminds me of the Hermit. Nines are solitary cards in Tarot, and getting a Hermit in a relationship reading signifies ending up alone (to put it bluntly... that is my experience anyway).

In 9 of Pentacles conventional relationships are not likely. As for feelings it means he thinks she is wonderful, and he likes her as a friend or as a lover. But he is not likely to see her as a girlfriend or a wife. Maybe the 9 of Pentacles Lady consciously or subconsiously won't see the man in her life as equal which is causing the tension, and it is the lady who chooses... she is in command of her life.

Grizabella

I've seen the 9 of Pentacles as a kept woman more than once. Believe it or not, even here in the 2ist century, there are still those situations. In fact, even though I live in an RV campground, one of my neighbor ladies is exactly that. I guess you'd call it "cost effective concubine-ry" or something since this ia a campground. lol

The 9 of Pentacles woman can be in a variety of situations. I'm a 9 of Pentacles. I live alone quite capably and don't even want any emotional relationships with men. I have offers sometimes, but I just don't want to compromise my life that way. I've raised six kids mostly as a single parent and now is my time---I don't want to complicate it.

ETA: as for this card signifying the feelings someone has for someone else, they may feel that you're so independent that you don't need anyone else in your life. And you might also be a potential (to the wrong kind of person) of being exploited for your material security.

Medellia

The 9 of Pentacles Lady is confident, independent, master of her own world. When a man enters her world, he admires her, respects her, and is impressed by her. At the same time he thinks, "What does she need me for? She has it all, I can't give anything to her." A guy may feel somewhat inferior to her, and chooses a girlfriend who is less perfect.

9 of Pentacles Lady reminds me of the Hermit. Nines are solitary cards in Tarot, and getting a Hermit in a relationship reading signifies ending up alone (to put it bluntly... that is my experience anyway).

In 9 of Pentacles conventional relationships are not likely. As for feelings it means he thinks she is wonderful, and he likes her as a friend or as a lover. But he is not likely to see her as a girlfriend or a wife. Maybe the 9 of Pentacles Lady consciously or subconsiously won't see the man in her life as equal which is causing the tension, and it is the lady who chooses... she is in command of her life.
Thanks for replying, Strength. I could definitely see her as 'that lady', someone who would cause tension in a relationship due to her own strong nature.