A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

thorhammer said:
(You fit your whole collection in a box??) I need a bookshelf. . .

Oh, no- it's just the decks. I now have 4 of these boxes! The books from the kits are on the shelf. And the general subjects on each subject's respective shelf . . . The oracle decks and books are scattered willy-nillly betwixt and between to fill in the gaps . . . *slap*

You are right . . . It's almost as bad as those circular "fish-bowl" cards someone needed de-enabling on a while back.

I have just grabbed my nicely large Suckling/Garland The Dragon Tarot set. Blue, brown, green . . . yes, the red is making my upper lip sneer again . . .

magpie9

nisaba said:
(How do I do small font? Everyone pretend this next line is in small font) And now I'm going away again, for a few hours of happy playing and reading.
Nisaba, we are going to defiantly have to hit you with a stick. A large TdM Ace of Wands stick. Now you've got otherwise innocent people mailing you decks, I think you must be using hypnotism on them. No matter how hard I try, nobody ever mails me unsolicited decks.
As for the small type, click on quote and read the following out loud:

I am a hopeless addict and I want to change :mad:

See? That's how.

[size=+2]NOW QUIT ACQUIRING DECKS BEFORE WE HAVE TO LET GREGORY AND THE WRECKING CREW LOOSE ON YOU, YOU HOPELESS ADDICT.[/size]
BTW, as your penitence you can mail me that Tarot book when you've finished reading it. Gregory may want the deck...depends on what deck..un-named deck. Hmmmm....pretty fishy story when you think about it. :D

Cat*

nisaba said:
Janet Boyer's "The Back In Time Tarot Book"
[...]
<crosses fingers behind back> I didn't *know* it was a Tarot Book!
The title and author didn't give you any clues, perhaps? :angel:

I've been bad again. I think. I'll tell you later how bad. The jury is still out on that. :bugeyed: (Also, the pervy-cute phantasmagorians arrived today, but I had my Beloved lock them away - they'll probably like that anyway - from me until I have done the work I'm supposed to do. So I haven't opened the package yet - but will sometime this weekend.)

gregory

That book comes with a deck ? Thank GOODNESS I didn't order it :D

BTW what deck WAS it, nisaba ? Just so I know to avoid it....

Juliana

I'm back to thinking if I only get one more deck, my collection will be complete. Silly me. I just got the Deviant Moon tarot and I'm waiting for the Dante tarot to show up in the mail, but now I NEED the Transparent Tarot. I swear, after that I'm done. Well, and maybe the Alchemical too. And then I'm done. I swear. :D

cardlady22

Juliana said:
I swear, after that I'm done. :D

So say we all. But swearing/resolving to do something is the surest way to damnation in the Pit of Perpetual Procurement.

I wish I had something substantial to de-enable you about the Transparent, but it just doesn't lend itself to anything of the sort.

Do you have any practical understanding of Alchemy? If so, please write a book for us! I see so many decks with this in the name/theme, but reading the material implants a permanent block in my brain.

Juliana

cardlady22 said:
So say we all. But swearing/resolving to do something is the surest way to damnation in the Pit of Perpetual Procurement.

I wish I had something substantial to de-enable you about the Transparent, but it just doesn't lend itself to anything of the sort.

Do you have any practical understanding of Alchemy? If so, please write a book for us! I see so many decks with this in the name/theme, but reading the material implants a permanent block in my brain.

So true. I think I'm just fooling myself about being done. As for alchemy, I don't have much understanding either. Perhaps I can use that to de-enable me for a little while. ;)

Chronata

I will try my hand wat this de-enabling thing!

The Alchemical...well, here I DO know some things about Alchemy...and I study and learn more everyday...but ahem...as to this deck...

I remember a friend of mine had the original edition she had just acquired, and was showing it to me. Oh my! we Oohed and Ahhed about the beauty of some of the cards, and the tarot associations...

but then as we progressed through the deck, card by card, something started to go wrong...the cards were still certainly pretty, but there was this head scratching ...well how the hell does THAT relate to this card? kind of revelations happening all over the place.

and then I got to a card that was so horribly WRONG that I realized right there I couldn't use that deck!

and the darndest thing...I don't even remember what card it was...but it turned me off from the entire deck! Don't even recall why...I think it had an unessessary disturbing view or something...anyway...

Look at every card. Look carefully...do you still love each and every card? Do you feel it enhances your understanding of the tarot,(or alchemy for that matter) and can you use it to read with?

I couldn't. Luckily I figured it out before I shelled out a lot of money!

magpie9

baba-prague said:
Magpie! That is a DISGRACEFULLY blatant hint on this thread. I realise that you are of course only selflessly offering to take unwanted decks off people's hands, but even so, I really have to tell you off about this.

By the way, people DO send me unsolicited decks fairly often and I accept them only in the interests of helping the addicted to rid themselves of temptation. Cough.
O MIGHTY ONE, I Grovel At Your feet. Surely you recognize my pure desire to help others less deckedly endowed than myself to stay that way. But I think it was more a pitiful whine than a blatant hint, since I expect nothing will manifest except perhaps a rainfall of Miss Cleo and other despicable weapons of mass duplication. There's nothing worse that a Deck Gone Bad....and we see a lot of the bad ones here. :mad: whispering in their seductive little voices, cuddling on our shoulders, nestling in our hands making promises they can't keep.."we will make you wise....we will make you hip...we will make you sexy....we will make you rich ..we will make you popular...we will make you powerful.." On and on it goes, and we fall one by one, to their malcontentations.
What sort of <highly indignant smiley here> human being would want me to abandon poor little nisaba to this dark fate? Hundreds, nay, thousands of unsolicited decks coming to her in waves...she could be crushed under them! And then, to add insult to injury, those who found her sweet broken body would say, "Well, ya gotta expect it, she's obviously an addict."

Really, Baba, I am Shocked! Shocked and hurt at your callus disregard of the terrible danger our poor girl is in!

Stormdancer

Juliana said:
... but now I NEED the Transparent Tarot. ...:D

The thing about the Transparent is that it is SO confusing....when i go to pick it up, i can't tell which sides are the backs without ALOT of looking, not to mention reversed. Makes shuffling WAY complicated.

AND...you NEED to use the white spread cloth, it's the only thing you can read this deck on...white is BORING!!! I've even heard of some very sick puppies :joke: actually buying a lightbox to better illuminate the images...:bugeyed:

cardlady22 said:

PHEW!!! That was REALLY difficult...do ya think it worked???

Now i need a nap!!! :|

Stormdancer :smoker: