A new de-enabling thread

Lilija

Biggest de-enabler for me:

I have a deck I like reading from very much. Outside of that, I devote much of my spare time to studying the Thoth.

I feel like any more decks would be too much on my plate. Not that it stopped me from ordering one or two, with some Christmas money... I guess it DID de-enable me from buying like...seven new decks.

Tansey Ella

well, if you feel bad buying it for yourself, buy it for me, and then I'll pay pal you the money. he he cause I've been wanting that one too.

All Is One

So Many Decks....

Lilija said:
I have a deck I like reading from very much. Outside of that, I devote much of my spare time to studying the Thoth.

This is something I aspire to. It is also the advice I'm given, like a loving ruler across my knuckles, by some very learned friends on here when I hint that I might want another deck.

I learned that, although it is excellent advice, ("Get thee back to the Thoth right this minute!!!") I'm not that disciplined. I also spent a number of years before internet alone with a few decks and my Thoth and my cat. I ate very pure and simple food, and I ran over an hour a day.

All that was missing was vespers and a hair shirt.

Now, back to reality. Knees of Bees wants help with the Magical Forest Tarot, and I will say a quick prayer that I don't fall in love with it, and go look it up.

Come on Magpie, ladies, we can do this!

{Oh, and I have never had a mini deck. Stop it! They would be so great for art projects.}

All Is One

Miramar Might Be Interested

Magical Forest Tarot. Well, Knees of Bees....how much did you like the movie "Ice Age?"
The Knight of Pents is clearly one of the characters from the movie. There was a sequel, "Ice Age: The Meltdown" and I love the movies, but do I want a tarot deck of it?
On the other hand, it's oddly appealing.
It would be another deck you'd not read with. But it would make a charmng, delightful quirky movie.

I'll wait for the movie.

Hopefully Jack Black or Robin Williams will do the voice for the Knight of Pents.

All Is One

I went to Amazon to see what the deck cost. $22.95 is a higher priced deck, a little bit, when you can get the Gilded set for $16.95.

There is a review on there that says the cards are thin and poorly made. It's a pretty irate review. Knees of Bees, I would paste in the review for you but I think that might be against the forum rules.

Cat*

All Is One said:
Magical Forest Tarot. Well, Knees of Bees....how much did you like the movie "Ice Age?"
The Knight of Pents is clearly one of the characters from the movie. There was a sequel, "Ice Age: The Meltdown" and I love the movies, but do I want a tarot deck of it?
On the other hand, it's oddly appealing.
This is SO NOT de-enabling. But oh-so-true. And I happen to love both Ice Age movies. And I was already thinking about the Magical Forest since it started popping up here again recently... I think I might need de-enabling on this one, too. :( HELP!

nisaba

All Is One {Oh said:
Ever kept backyard chickens? I have and they're very personable creatures. Bantoms (mini-fowl) are Madness On Legs, though. And chihuahuas are far peskier than great, slow, friendly mutts.

[un-de-enabling alert] OTOH, you could fit more of them into the large wicker basket that acts as my organic collection-limiting device ...

nisaba

All Is One said:
There is a review on there that says the cards are thin and poorly made.

going the other way, the Sheridan-Douglas deck, which I've only just acquired, is printed on unusually good and thick cardstock - so that, that for my little hands and stubby little fingers, it is hard to sift through the deck looking for specific images, and harder than usual to shuffle and do the bodily actions associated with laying cards out because the deck as a whole has such bulk in your hand. It's easily a quarter again as thick as other 78-card decks, which is very awkward.

Cat*

All Is One said:
There is a review on there that says the cards are thin and poorly made.
Alright, so I won't be able to take the cute-eyed creatures to bed and cuddle them to my heart's delight? That IS a huge disadvantage indeed. You gave me back my hope, AIO.

All Is One

Nisaba said:
Madness On Legs

Please warn me the next time you're about to pop out with something that funny.

Plus: I come here to be talked out of things or do my Occultist Duty and talk others out of decks.

Not to be persuaded through wit and poetry to want a Bantam rooster. I should NEVER have dropped in on tis thread. Now Cat and I are about to buy a cartoon deck.

Gregory, Modern Day Ruth, Magpie9.....we need professionals.