A New Gay Themed Tarot.

Lee

Chris, you're working so fast, it makes my head spin! I really like the new border. At first I thought the main image was too small, but it works nicely, it sets the image off well. I also very much like the large elemental symbol in the borders. This would be of great assistance if one wants to try reading with elemental dignities, or even just to have an awareness of the standard GD element assigned to each Major. I wanted to do this on the Tarot of Dreams Majors but there just wasn't enough room.

I love the way the Roman numeral, title, element and astrological glyph are all worked into one organic whole. This is the mark of a truly talented graphic artist.

Can't wait to see more!

-- Lee

Lee

One little suggestion -- on the Lovers card, the Fire symbol on the left-most figure isn't as clearly seen as the Water symbol on the right-most figure. Perhaps they could be more equally apparent...

-- Lee

Lee

Just had a look at the Minors. :) Again, very, very impressed with how the two elemental glyphs are worked into the title bar together for the Court cards.

-- Lee

The 78th Fool

Lee said:
One little suggestion -- on the Lovers card, the Fire symbol on the left-most figure isn't as clearly seen as the Water symbol on the right-most figure. Perhaps they could be more equally apparent...

-- Lee

Thanks Lee. x
It's for little things like this that I always need a second or third pair of eyes. You spend hours working on something but overlook the obvious as to why the image doesn't quite look or feel right. I've reworked the elemental symbols below the lovers to make them look clearer. (See web site)

I have to say, Elven is remarkably good at this sort of thing too - It's the graphic artist's equivalent of a proof reader! Long may it continue!!

I got a shock this morning when I realised that fifteen out of the twenty two majors are now complete. I'm going to concentrate on the remaining seven over the coming week or so and then return to the four suits.

Thanks for your compliments with regards to the design of the borders and the integration of the symbols. I want to add in hebrew letters etc as well but I'm not sure how yet.

Back to work - The Magician calls!!

Chris. xx

Saleheim

The cards do attract me and I really like the artwork, especially when I don't like photographic decks that much but this one does it for me. I agree with the comment about the heart, I'd take that away as the image is in itself very strong and it clashes a bit in style.

I would buy such this deck.

The 78th Fool

Saleheim said:
The cards do attract me and I really like the artwork, especially when I don't like photographic decks that much but this one does it for me. I agree with the comment about the heart, I'd take that away as the image is in itself very strong and it clashes a bit in style.

I would buy such this deck.

I'm glad you like this, eventhough you don't usually go for photo decks. I've compromised on the heart!! - I haven't got rid of it but I have done some considerable alterations to it's shape and texture. x

Update on images:

I've now completed the Magician, The Emperor and the Hermit. I've also done some minor re-working of the Sacred Intuitor and a quite major revision of the Divine Consort and The Sun. They are all now posted on the site.

Chris. xx

http://www.butlerart.co.uk/tarot/Son Tarot/View-Deck.htm

Saleheim

The 78th Fool said:
I'm glad you like this, eventhough you don't usually go for photo decks. I've compromised on the heart!! - I haven't got rid of it but I have done some considerable alterations to it's shape and texture. x

Update on images:

I've now completed the Magician, The Emperor and the Hermit. I've also done some minor re-working of the Sacred Intuitor and a quite major revision of the Divine Consort and The Sun. They are all now posted on the site.

Chris. xx

http://www.butlerart.co.uk/tarot/Son Tarot/View-Deck.htm

I like them all. The magician is faboulous in design and the colours for the cards are are well chosen. I like the gay lovers in the Lovers card. Only minor thing is that although the sun card is very vibrant in colour and the composition is strong I just miss that little bit of happyness in the card. Hope you know what I mean. But maybe that's just me. I really hope it's possible to buy this deck some time in future. Great stuff!

The 78th Fool

Saleheim said:
I like them all. The magician is faboulous in design and the colours for the cards are are well chosen. I like the gay lovers in the Lovers card. Only minor thing is that although the sun card is very vibrant in colour and the composition is strong I just miss that little bit of happyness in the card. Hope you know what I mean. But maybe that's just me. I really hope it's possible to buy this deck some time in future. Great stuff!

Sorry It's taken a little time to get back. Hmmmm - I know what you mean - but I don't know what to do about it!!!! This one needs meditation over tea and biscuits and I will report back in due course!

In the meantime, something more positive. I will post these two new ones on the web site presently but I wanted you to be able to see them in a little more detail. Here are the Wheel of Fortune and Justice, freshly completed.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• Wheel-of-Fortune-copy.jpg
    Wheel-of-Fortune-copy.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Justice-copy.jpg
    Justice-copy.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 65

Saleheim

The 78th Fool said:
Sorry It's taken a little time to get back. Hmmmm - I know what you mean - but I don't know what to do about it!!!! This one needs meditation over tea and biscuits and I will report back in due course!

In the meantime, something more positive. I will post these two new ones on the web site presently but I wanted you to be able to see them in a little more detail. Here are the Wheel of Fortune and Justice, freshly completed.

Chris. xx

About the sun, the card would feel very different if the sun symbol was more radiant and ...sunny ;-) Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing as the composition and colouring is beautiful. Hope you don't mind me giving my opinion. But it's just my opinion.

I like the new cards, sure must take a lot of work to do this. I like the colours of the Justice card. The Wheel of Fortune card is very dynamic and gives a feeling of speed and energy, I like that as well.

Really looking forward to the next cards.

Lee

I like the expression on the Sun card. To me it echoes that of the RWS and Marseille sun cards. It suggests to me the indifference that the cosmic bodies have to human affairs. It also helps us to realize that the Sun can sometimes be a negative card, as in when the sun burns too hot.

In general I like card images that show some ambiguities and unexpected twists.

-- Lee