a question about the diferent thoth tarot versions

gregory

ok , well I checked the isbn of both , aarentrly the chepaer one comes with the mirror of the soul book D:
this makes no sense lol

in another search it doesnt mention the book but says one has 78 pages and the other one 80 , so I think I-ll go for the 80 paged one+ ,suposedly both should have the 3 magus card
XD lol

Im so bad at this DX

You do NOT want that book. YOU REALLY DON'T ! But I can't see that it comes with it - one listing suggests you might like to buy it as well. You wouldn't.

Seriously - stick with the one you found that I linked to - as Emily said.

Minotauro

You do NOT want that book. YOU REALLY DON'T ! But I can't see that it comes with it - one listing suggests you might like to buy it as well. You wouldn't.

Seriously - stick with the one you found that I linked to - as Emily said.

yes. I know I dont want it lol
:p
I think you were one of the ones who recomended me to use " understanding aleyster crowley thoth tarot" wich is the one Im getting , anyhow I think Im gonna get the cheaper one since the pictures indicate it comes in a box the same size of the deck. so I'll asume the other one comes in the big box , and there are some other decks I've seen decks that are more expensive because of this , like the archeon tarot , the deluxe edition wich is more expensive only has a bigger box XD lets hope I made the right choice!

in any case Im sure either would be fine , Im just paranoid X)

EDIT: I was just about to change my mind because I thought it didnt come with the 3 magus , but the other one shows the 3 maguis on the pic and it says on the box it comes with them , phew... even so I dont know if I'd use pay the extra box for those... hmm...

gregory

The bigger box is just - a bigger box, wit the same size deck in the middle. AND - if it DOESN'T have all the maguses you can return it :)

All USG decks come in the bigger boxes now - as I said, it's to fight shoplifting... Allegedly !

Mind you - one of the added pix is NOT of the deck you would be getting as it shows the LARGE size white box version. That is so TYPICAL of Amazon.... I know customers upload them - but - well, they really ought to check !

Minotauro

well I just want a thoth deck my biggest concern was that green tint , wich aparently I would be lucky to get lol

the 3 maguses I would LOVE! but its not my main concern since I like the regular magus the best haha

big box little box its just a box I cant wait to have it and make a bag for it :)

all I want is a good quality thoth tarot , you-re always heling me with my every silly concern X) lol

WolfyJames

When we suggest the version with the three-magis, it's not that you get the one with the three magis for the pleasure to have 2 extra magician cards to play with. It's because it makes that specific deck easier to find since it's written right on the box there are three magis in it and the box is purple. The reasons why we suggest this deck in particular are because the deck is medium size and allows to see well the art (unlike the pocket version) and still be able to use and shuffle the deck (unlike the big version); the colors are great too unlike some other editions and are the right Thoth colors, and also the deck is excellent quality in printing.

Minotauro

When we suggest the version with the three-magis, it's not that you get the one with the three magis for the pleasure to have 2 extra magician cards to play with. It's because it makes that specific deck easier to find since it's written right on the box there are three magis in it and the box is purple. The reasons why we suggest this deck in particular are because the deck is medium size and allows to see well the art (unlike the pocket version) and still be able to use and shuffle the deck (unlike the big version); the colors are great too unlike some other editions and are the right Thoth colors, and also the deck is excellent quality in printing.

OOOH yes , I know I didnt explain myself.

I was talking about the 2 purple boxed sets that I found on amazon they seem to be the same but one is cheaper , and on the isbn , it says that one has 78 " pages" so I meant to say if it doenst come with the 3 maggi at least I have the good quality and size ₧P lol
I AM getting the small one instead of the pocket haha , sorry for the confusion

Oink

I found this 2 on amazon , they seem to be the same , so I want to order the cheaper one , but Im afraid it will be the low quality cards one
s:

what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/Thoth-Tarot-Deck-Aleister-Crowley/dp/1572815108/ref=pd_cp_b_2

http://www.amazon.com/Crowley-Thoth-Small-Tarot-Aleister/dp/0880793082/ref=pd_cp_b_0
I used to have one in each of these boxes. As I recall, the only difference was that the more expensive one in the larger box comes with a full-color, poster-like spread sheet that you can unfold and use if you like. I never use those things though, so I'd say go with the cheaper one - the cards themselves are EXACTLY the same.

Minotauro

I used to have one in each of these boxes. As I recall, the only difference was that the more expensive one in the larger box comes with a full-color, poster-like spread sheet that you can unfold and use if you like. I never use those things though, so I'd say go with the cheaper one - the cards themselves are EXACTLY the same.

s: well Im glad because I alredy ordered that one lol
=P
and yeh I wouldnt use those things either , its not like you could just draw them in a regular iece of paper IF YOU WANTED I see no reason though , if you dont know the spread just look at it.

Freddie

I like the large version the best, but they can be hard to shuffle. I have the Agmuller version in the dark blue box. You could always consider getting a large study version in the future if you decide you like then.

Have fun with the new deck,

Freddie

Bhavana

I just picked up the purple box version at a store....though I'm a little disappointed in the colors, it's a great size and overall a nice deck.