a question about the diferent thoth tarot versions

Chiska

I just picked up the purple box version at a store....though I'm a little disappointed in the colors, it's a great size and overall a nice deck.

I have the US Games Purple box plus a couple of the White Box Small Card editions. The colors in the older version are substantially better. And the card stock is superior as well, IMHO. The Purple Box cards do seem a bit washed out in comparison.

Minotauro

the thing is I've never seen one so I have nothing to ompare them to , however it is , will be completly normal and fine to me :) haha

Bhavana

I have the US Games Purple box plus a couple of the White Box Small Card editions. The colors in the older version are substantially better. And the card stock is superior as well, IMHO. The Purple Box cards do seem a bit washed out in comparison.

I have seen a few of the white box decks (vintage) for sale, around $40-ish, one up to about $75..I know I won't spend $75...but I may be tempted to spend in the 40 range.

How much should one expect to pay for the green? I am assuming they are just the larger size cards....Are they really hard to find, or just expensive, or both?

Pollux

Can you spot the greenie from the box?

What about the edition in the white box with "Ordo Templi Orientis" written on it?
Is that just a vintage, or a possibly "greenie" deck?

Bhavana

Can you spot the greenie from the box?

What about the edition in the white box with "Ordo Templi Orientis" written on it?
Is that just a vintage, or a possibly "greenie" deck?

seems alot of the white boxes have that written on them, including the smaller decks, and decks that aren't considered greenies...so I don't think that is the best way to tell.

Minotauro

I cant believe that people would wnat a green deck , from the eviews I thought that green tint was ugly! D:

Chiska

The small sized decks were NOT green tinged at all, never were. They just have a similar box (white box "c"). It clearly states on the box "Small card sized" and something about the extra Magi cards. I don't know the average price for these.

I find the "greenies" to be rather attractive. The last one I bought was under 20$. You just have to keep an eye on sales.

Emily

If you find a White box Thoth on eBay and you can't tell if it's a greenie or not, ask the seller what colour ink was used on the keywords - on a greenie the ink is also an obvious green.

Not all large White box Thoth's were green.

Bhavana

If you find a White box Thoth on eBay and you can't tell if it's a greenie or not, ask the seller what colour ink was used on the keywords - on a greenie the ink is also an obvious green.

Not all large White box Thoth's were green.

I know someone who has the white box thoth, the bigger size than the purple box, and the lettering is definitely green...but they want $75. The cards are in great shape, but that price is hard for me to swallow. I didn't know if it was an appropriate price for one of these decks. I really want one, though...I just don't have the money for such a thing at this time.