All new de-enabling thread

emmsma

I Don't have it yet, but what about the TdM Fournier Mini.

No well. It IS probably too small to see very well. The colors will probably seem to bright and garish. They are not traditional colors at all.

Sorry. No help here.

gregory

What is the point of mini decks ? And certainly the Fournier mini is too small for anything..... And the Hadar is expensive and HTF and the rest. And yes, bigeyed. And very much like all the others really, if one is honest - it is just a CULT thing to say it is the best ever and all that crap.

You HAVE a TdM. Why bother with another. Be brave. Buy chocolate.

Bernice

Nibbling a bit of chocolate.... it's not like riffling through a card deck. Maybe a big nip of tia maria might help.......... gone to raid the drinks cupboard.

Bee

SolSionnach

Debra said:
It is just a shopping thing. I recognize the symptoms all too well. And being on-line makes it worse.
Deep breathing.
Chocolate.
Watch a movie on tv.
Read a book.
Um....do a reading!
You can get through this. We have faith in you.
Excellent, excellent suggestions, Debra. I did go to Amazon and shopped for a while, but eventually said "why am I doing this?" and went to bed. Without buying anything! yes... :) :)
sapienza said:
sravana, if you want to buy a deck then PLEASE choose something better than the Golden Rider :) As for the Runic tarot, it's dreadful. There is that whole mistake thing with the element symbols and really, would you ever actually use it? (I'm considering selling/trading mine in case you are interested....oops, did I actually type that???)
I can't believe that you just did that! Perhaps I'll PM you... :bugeyed:
sapienza said:
So, you say you want to buy something....is it because you actually WANT something, or because you want to spend money, or just because you are bored? Maybe make a donation to a charity. Or buy a deck for someone who couldn't otherwise afford one. Or why don't you treat yourself to a reading, get someone to read for you.

And like Debra said, there is always chocolate :D
Charity. Hadn't thought of that, and I must be completely totally selfish, because it doesn't appeal to me! :eek: Bad, BAD Sravana.

Perhaps I'll post a "give away for postage" thread. I have several decks that could qualify.... hmmm...

SolSionnach

emmsma said:
I have the same affliction as sravana. I get online and i want to shop.<snip>
Right now I am getting lots of decks and they make me happy.<snip>
And I am looking at lots of Meneghello decks lately. Top contenders right now:
Soprafino, Neoclassico, Dotti, Corte dei Tarocchi.<snip>
So talk trash about Meneghellos.
First of all, I think that Kat said it best: Go shopping in your collection.
I was really considering the Golden Rider (which I still may get, someday - it's not going to go OOP anytime soon), and then I got out some of my historical faves. So many lovely decks! So I got them out and put them in a box next to my computer, and today I'm going to re-start my Vieville daily draws thread.

To make a long story shorter, I don't want another deck right now. And my pocketbook is happy!! :D

re: Meneghellos. Hmm. Right now I have 3 - and of the three I may sell the Soprafino. Yes, you'll never use them. They are too "precious" to use. In fact, I was just thinking about one of them (my Svizzera 1804) which is laminated... I might go to the trouble to scan it and MAKE a copy that is more useable. How's that for saying that the original is too PRECIOUSSSSSS?

I used to have several more, and ended up buying LS versions of them, because you can actually USE a LS deck. So there!
Bernice said:
I've been battling with a french website in order to obtain the Kris Hadar marseille deck, yesterday and today .... <snip>
In calmer moments I have to admit that I'm not fond of card-people with over-sized & blurry eyes ...
Ah yes, the Hadar. I know you're another Mel disciple - he can't stand that deck. The backs are completely unhistorical... no nice tessellated back, it's a colorful, decorative thing with some kind of swirly thing in the middle. (hard to describe!)

And yes, the eyes. The lines are not delicate enough on the faces, so the eyes look congested and dark. While the colors are nice, it can't hold a candle to even the Noblet (with its hideously hard to shuffle cardstock and WICKED corners). You don't list which TdMs you have on your profile, so I can't compare it to what you have. But if you have some nice ones, I can guarantee that you'll be disappointed. The Hadar is for people who are going to the TdM for the first time.
emmsma said:
I Don't have it yet, but what about the TdM Fournier Mini.
I can't imagine why one would want a mini of the Fournier - the regular size one is pretty small already.

But the GARISH COLORS!!! OMG. ;)
Bernice said:
Nibbling a bit of chocolate.... it's not like riffling through a card deck. Maybe a big nip of tia maria might help.......... gone to raid the drinks cupboard.Bee
STOP STOP STOP!!!

You do NOT want the Hadar!!!!!! It's HTF and way too expensive! For the money you can get a Noblet (which is an awful deck, too!!), and at least have some historical accuracy about it! The Hadar is an INVENTED so-called "Veritable" deck!!!

(enough screaming already?)

Bernice

I didn't get the Hadar. I've eaten a lot of chocolate.

Bee :)

jujustar

lordy, this thread always makes me want chocolate---WAY too much mention of chocolate here.....

anyways, i would like, please, to be de-enabled from buying:

tarot maddonni........

navigators of the mystic sea........

and

Derakkusu ban Hihou.... (this will need the most de-enabling, because i think i love it)
im going to look at my pretty some more while i wait to be instructed not to buy.hahaha

{... after a nasty masonic experience (i couldnt even look at that more than twice after i got it, the artwork offended me so much- all that effort,( and lovely gold,) on such crappy paintings..) i have decided to pay attention to all reasonable de-enabling.}

thorhammer

O, the Navigators! What on earth do you want that for??? It's utterly incomprehensible, truly. Not only did Turk reinvent Qabalah :)bugeyed:), but the artwork is . . . well, let's just say it's odd. I understand, i'ts funky and cool and stuff when you see samples of it on the internet, or when you flick through all the cards on Taroteca . . . but then you get it and lay out your first spread and honestly, it just blares your eyes with this welding-flash of jarring colours and unsettling blend of flat and 3-d portrayal.

Completely useless without the book, which is sketchy at best. Also, it's one of the many decks out there whose Majors are admittedly well-executed, but whose Minors fail utterly to meet the standard set. They're wrong, they freakish, the whole deck is a bad trip.

\m/ Kat

jujustar

great!!!! thats the Navigators done with then.... ......thanks kat :)

thats what i was afraid of, that the art would be too overpowering and confusing in-person, even though i liked it on screen. - and its REALLY hard for me to judge this, because nearly everything looks great when you see it one card at a time at Taroteca's.......
and i was a bit sceptical about the qabbalistic references....hmmmm, i dont want to learn somebody's fancy new system

you saved me from having to ebay it in a few weeks!!!!!!!

if only all decisions were this easy.......

Promise

The Maddonni is absolute rubbish.

Sure, the Majors and courts look interest with all their texture and mysteriousness, but then the Minors come along and destroy any shred of freaking hope you ever had for reading with the damn thing.

Do you REALLY want a deck where the 10 of Cups is a picture of ONE CUP with the number TEN in the corners? Do you?

I rest my case.