All new de-enabling thread

sapienza

Honestly, you don't need the Bohemian Cats! Let's all just stop for a minute and really think about this deck. 78 cards full of cats, dressed as humans :bugeyed: mimicking tarot cards. Possibly one of the most ridiculous things imaginable if you really think about it. You should feel lucky you missed it on the trade train.....a lucky escape indeed!

Brigid

All right.. Here go's!
How about the Tarot of the Crone and Tarot de Sissi..
Give me some really good reasons not to buy these decks!
I want them SOOOO bad!

Debra

Tarot of the Crone? Why? It's ugly.

All its "transformational" meanings are available in any competently-done deck. Why look! You've got many competently-done decks already, and unlike this one--they're not ugly.

faunabay

The only time I found my Tarot of the Crone to be useful was while going through menopause. So unless that's where you are in life right now it's way too stark and scary to use. And you really can't use it without the book because it doesn't follow any Rider Waite or Thoth system. You'd have to completely learn a new system.

Brigid

faunabay said:
The only time I found my Tarot of the Crone to be useful was while going through menopause. So unless that's where you are in life right now it's way too stark and scary to use. And you really can't use it without the book because it doesn't follow any Rider Waite or Thoth system. You'd have to completely learn a new system.

But..but.. That IS me!!! :D

Brigid

Debra said:
Tarot of the Crone? Why? It's ugly.

All its "transformational" meanings are available in any competently-done deck. Why look! You've got many competently-done decks already, and unlike this one--they're not ugly.

No no! It's pretty.. Oh OK! It's not pretty.. but it's so powerful! :)

faunabay

Brigid*69 said:
But..but.. That IS me!!! :D
Oh oops!!!

There goes my try at de-enabling. (head down, slinking off the thread)

SolSionnach

Brigid*69 said:
No no! It's pretty.. Oh OK! It's not pretty.. but it's so powerful! :)
It's ugly and overpriced. I wanted to like it the first time it was offered, years ago.... never got it then.

Was excited to see it offered again, until I looked at the cards. sheesh U.G.L.Y. and art that *I* could do. If I wanted an ugggly tarot deck, I could do it myself. In fact, I may do just that!

You don't need it. Enjoy your New Century instead... ;) ;) ;)

gregory

Feretian said:
*pant, pant, pant*

I just came off the trade train with a great trade deal, but two people offered the Bohemian Cats and I never wanted one but now it's stuck in my chest like a cat kneading its claws in a lap.

Help!
Now look. :mad:
All repeat after me. :p
The cats will only ever speak to gregory (and only if the 2 Swords is in a yellow dress; the blue dress is an IMPOSTOR, and if that is a second edition you have in your lap, it is a foul infidel and will fetch you quite a lot on ebay as it is OOP... oops :|) ANYWAY - they are also awkward and want desperately to get undressed, and will probably do so in a reading and embarrass you. They will also claw all your other desk to bits; they are a JEALOUS deck and don't care WHO knows. it. They even bite Thoths in the knees, I'm telling you.

Eat Whiskas !

The Crone is just plain UGLY. Need I say more. It is vile and muddled and man hating and...

And the Sissi. The BEST thing about that is that two cards are mislabelled which I always find hugely amusing, as no-one else ever seems to have noticed.(The German titles on King and Queen of Cups are reversed.)

I am warped. You know this. But you also know I Speak Truth.

Pass the coffee.

PS damn;I forgot the New Century. I tell you what is MOST crap about the various English language reissues of this deck. THEY CUT THE SIDES OFF THE IMAGES (and messed up the Tower big time so it is all FUZZY.) If you HAVE to have the art - buy it as the Golden Gomera from amazon.de - you will see the sides of the pix you were missing and a Tower card with the detail intact. GRRRRRRR. But it isn't one you can read with; it gives you migraine with the colours. Someone used images from it to tile their kitchen I believe....Better....

There is also a knock off version with HUGE pale blue borders in a kit called Simply Tarot - with even MORE of the images cut off.

Aerin

Feretian said:
*pant, pant, pant*

I just came off the trade train with a great trade deal, but two people offered the Bohemian Cats and I never wanted one but now it's stuck in my chest like a cat kneading its claws in a lap.

Help!

These cats would EAT mice soon as look at them. You are guardian of a mice deck.

I rest my case.

Aerin